3.60 gpa 520 mcat Math major WAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Walter Raleigh

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You do not need a postbacc but 50+ hours of shadowing would help. Apply in June and submit all your secondaries by July. Schools where you could receive an interview with your stats include:
All 4 SUNY's
Rochester
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Albany
NYMC
Do you have any interest in areas of the country besides NY?

Volunteering is bare bones, I strongly suggest getting in more clinical volunteering ans service to others less fortunate than yourself.

Start list with the SUNYs and ALL NY MD schools.

Then come back with your list and we can advise.

You do not need any more coursework.

Hey all! I am a White male from New York; I'm a Math major with a 3.60 GPA at a no-name liberal arts college. My GPA trend is 3.9/3.5/3.5/3.8, and I got a 520 MCAT.

Activities:
1,000 hours research with 3 poster presentations
100 hours volunteering in ER
100 hours volunteering with ambulance corps
50 hours volunteering tutoring children

Do you think a year of DIY postbacc is worthwhile, and what do you think my chances are for top 20s, mid-tier schools, and my state schools?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So...how do you think I'd fare after adding another 500 hours at the ambulance corps?
Probably better off with 200 clinical / 200 non clinical for those in need (or even 100 more of each).

Volunteering is bare bones, I strongly suggest getting in more clinical volunteering ans service to others less fortunate than yourself.

Start list with the SUNYs and ALL NY MD schools.

Then come back with your list and we can advise.

You do not need any more coursework.

If 200 hours of volunteering is barebones, then what is competitive? 500+? ( This is not meant to be a snarky response by the way, but rather an actual question!