DO 3.3 cGPA, 3.45 sGPA, 3.78 postbacc, 502 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

westsidestoryz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Asian Male in Socal
Finance Major
3.3 cGPA
3.45 sGPA
3.78 postbacc (12 units, all pre-reqs for med schools)
MCAT: 502 (125,124,127,126)
Not applying to any MDs, but I will be retaking the MCAT in December but I will only be applying to DOs this cycle.

ECs:
1.5 years research, no pubs
200 hrs clinical volunteer
100ish hrs non-clinical
Couple leaderships
Strong LORs
Shadowed 3 MDs

I have this list as my DO schools but let me know if i should delete or add more schools. I think I am applying broadly and strategically but any input will be helpful.

• Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
  • Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine
  • Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
  • Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Carolinas Campus
  • Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Virginia Campus
  • Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
  • Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine
  • Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
  • New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)
  • Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
  • Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
  • Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - Georgia Campus
  • Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine – Colorado(RVUCOM-CO)
  • Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine–New York
  • Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine–California
  • University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
  • West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
  • Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
  • Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Northwest

Members don't see this ad.

You have a good list and should receive several interviews. You could add UP-KYCOM, LMU-DCOM, NYIT-Arkansas, RVU-Utah, ARCOM, ACOM, VCOM (Alabama) if any of those schools interest you.

Reactions: 1 users
You have a good list and should receive several interviews. You could add UP-KYCOM, LMU-DCOM, NYIT-Arkansas, RVU-Utah, ARCOM, ACOM, VCOM (Alabama) if any of those schools interest you.
Is there a something I should be aware of for some of these schools? And why those particular schools?
Thanks again for your input

Members don't see this ad :)
  • Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
  • Lincoln Memorial University–DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine
  • New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)
  • Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
  • Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - Georgia Campus
  • University of Pikeville–Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine
  • Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
  • Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Northwest
Heres an updated list. Do you think I can spare to delete some schools? @Faha

UNECOM has a regional preference and MSUCOM admits 90% of its class from Michigan residents. NYIT also has a strong instate preference (83%)

UNECOM has a regional preference and MSUCOM admits 90% of its class from Michigan residents. NYIT also has a strong instate preference (83%)
Do you think it would be smarter to take those schools out?

Yes. You could add other schools instead.
My final list. I have deleted some schools because of location and cost. I realize its a gamble with my MCAT score but I will be restudying this year and will be applying to MD/DO next year. But if I do get in any of these schools, I will be satisfied.

• Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine–Californian

My final list. I have deleted some schools because of location and cost. I realize its a gamble with my MCAT score but I will be restudying this year and will be applying to MD/DO next year. But if I do get in any of these schools, I will be satisfied.

• Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine–Californian
@Goro, if you are back on this forum, your input would be greatly appreciated. thank you
and would it still be okay to apply by July/August? I heard for my choice of schools, the sooner the better

The DO cycle is longer than MD...Applying as late as November will be fine. July/Aug is fine for MD, BTW. It's an SDN mania that apps have to be in by the first week of June.

Of your list, remove:

• Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine
  • Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine–New York
Reasons are regional bias, high MCAT preference, immoral political behavior, and/or poor ethics and/or poor COMLEX II boards pass rates.
Suggest adding:
BCOM
DMU
KCU
ACOM
NOVA
LECOM-B