3.0 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ssha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
So my friend has a 3.3 GPA and 3.0 sGPA, a 498 MCAT (will be taking again in few months idk when).
She has no research experience, lots of shadowing and volunteer work.
She just graduated and is stuck on what she should be doing next.

I don't know what to tell her. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Post-bac and retake MCAT. Why are you asking this question and not your supposed friend?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone
So my friend has a 3.3 GPA and 3.0 sGPA, a 498 MCAT (will be taking again in few months idk when).
She has no research experience, lots of shadowing and volunteer work.
She just graduated and is stuck on what she should be doing next.

I don't know what to tell her. Any advice?

Take the MCAT again and break at least 500 and you(your friend) will have a shot at newer DO schools or heavily mission oriented ( if you(your friend) fit the mission...)

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools where she could receive an interview with her stats include:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
UIWSOM
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
any new schools that open for 2018.
If she applies to all of these she could receive some interviews. Apply in June and submit all secondaries by July.

Thanks Faha. She said that she wants to do a post bacc or smp & retake the mcat. What do you think?

Schools where she could receive an interview with her stats include:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
UIWSOM
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
any new schools that open for 2018.
If she applies to all of these she could receive some interviews. Apply in June and submit all secondaries by July.

Thanks Faha. She said that she wants to do a post bacc or smp & retake the mcat. What do you think?
I think instead of a post-bacc it would be better if she retook the mcat.

In july and she said she's getting 506s
If she scores over 500 then she could apply to all the schools I listed. Post the score here in August when available. She should have her application ready to submit in August when her score is available.

Reactions: 1 user
If she scores over 500 then she could apply to all the schools I listed. Post the score here in August when available. She should have her application ready to submit in August when her score is available.
Hi Faha - can I ask where you got your information from? Is it from MSAR or the individual schools?