2020 Roseman University of Health Sciences (Entering 2017)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey! thank you for answering my questions.I think I might move in July as well.Haha well...I do like to party and have fun but I don't think I would have time and energy for that so I might as well rent my own apartment....but is it affordable? is that most students do...get their own their apt?:eyebrow:
Before you moved did you look the apartments online or you went there first for apt hunting? what did you do?

thank you again :thumbup:
Sorry for the late reply! But it's pretty affordable out here in Nevada. My husband had a few classmates that lived alone and was able to afford it. But most of them found roommates through the FB groups. We rented a house and was able to survive with the loans.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry for the late reply! But it's pretty affordable out here in Nevada. My husband had a few classmates that lived alone and was able to afford it. But most of them found roommates through the FB groups. We rented a house and was able to survive with the loans.
did the interviewers take notes at the interview?

did the interviewers take notes at the interview?
At my interview, they did not take many notes. But I think after I left the room, the pharmacy student started writing down more things.

Members don't see this ad :)
At my interview, they did not take many notes. But I think after I left the room, the pharmacy student started writing down more things.
when i interviewed they did not even jot anything down maybe after i left but the student showed me back to the cafeteria. Have you heard from them yet?

when i interviewed they did not even jot anything down maybe after i left but the student showed me back to the cafeteria. Have you heard from them yet?
I had my interview on 02/03 and yes I have heard back from them. In my interview the pharmacist and student seemed more focused on the interview than on notes. So if they didn't note anything down, I do not think it reflects anything bad.

I had my interview on 02/03 and yes I have heard back from them. In my interview the pharmacist and student seemed more focused on the interview than on notes. So if they didn't note anything down, I do not think it reflects anything bad.
ok cool i see you interview at the Henderson campus and about how long did it take to get a response

Got invited for an interview for March 7th at Henderson. Super excited! Has Henderson filled up yet? know the class is probably almost full!

Members don't see this ad :)
Henderson. I just called them and they said I have to wait until the end of this month. Time is killing me.
usually from what i hear u should have heard back within 2 weeeks or earlier.

usually from what i hear u should have heard back within 2 weeeks or earlier.
You're right. Most of people in this thread get their acceptance letter/call within 2 weeks from the interview. For instance, ph@rmluv's interview was at Henderson campus on 02/03 and got acceptance call on 02/14; iloveunt's interview was on 02/16 and got acceptance call on 02/24.

I think if we don't get acceptance call within 2 weeks, it means we are either on a Waiting list or Reject list.

Is there a Facebook group for the South Jordan campus class?

Hi!
So excited to see other people going to the South Jordan campus as well! Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

My interview was 2/3 and I got accepted three days later!
I can't wait to meet you all!

Good luck to all the interviewed students tomorrow. If ya want to share an uber down to the campus, let me know

What are people at the South Jordan campus doing for housing? I'm trying to look at apartments and would hopefully find somebody interested in being roommates once a Facebook page gets going for the South Jordan campus

Future colleagues, did anyone voluntarily give up Henderson and requested Utah? Is it too late if I do that now? Second question: deos anyone know if Utah campus has a gym. Thanks!

Future colleagues, did anyone voluntarily give up Henderson and requested Utah? Is it too late if I do that now? Second question: deos anyone know if Utah campus has a gym. Thanks!

I would think it's okay to switch campuses. Could give it a try and email the school and find out.
Also, the Utah campus doesn't have a gym. There's a gym next door but I hear it's pretty expensive. To get around this, some students pair up and get a "couple's discount" even when they weren't actual couples ha

What are people at the South Jordan campus doing for housing? I'm trying to look at apartments and would hopefully find somebody interested in being roommates once a Facebook page gets going for the South Jordan campus
Hey! I haven't figured out what I am going to do for housing yet. I think I may be going to Utah in May to look around at some places. I just can't believe how expensive South Jordan is.

I would think it's okay to switch campuses. Could give it a try and email the school and find out.
Also, the Utah campus doesn't have a gym. There's a gym next door but I hear it's pretty expensive. To get around this, some students pair up and get a "couple's discount" even when they weren't actual couples ha
okay, thanks!)

I some-what agree about this. In the past (5 years ago when i applied for it), its hard to get into this school. PCAT is one of the requirements to apply for the program. Now, if you have a BS and full-fill prerequisites, you won't have to take the PCAT. Also, they don't even care about/require reference letters. I think because of many new pharmacy schools opened recently, the school makes the process easier so that they have enough students to fill the class (it's a profit school).

One of my relatives got a BS from his "foreign country", took all pre-pharmacy prerequisites in the US, and submitted supplemental docs (01/2017), he got an invitation for interview after a few days. He had no pharmacy experience, volunteer or healthcare related activities, and academic achievement. I couldn't believe that he got the invitation for an interview that easy and quick (just a few days after supplemental docs submitted).

Seems like its not for profit school. Or else their status has changed recently. They claim theyre not for profit.
Thoughts? anyone?

Seems like its not for profit school. Or else their status has changed recently. They claim theyre not for profit.
Thoughts? anyone?

When I was there for my interview, they said they were not for profit. They said something along the lines of that they can't make more than a certain set amount to maintain their not for profit title.

Last edited:
A P2 student who is a friend of mine and also is one of the interviewer told me. They really have a hard time this year to fill their class. When they accept someone with 10 year old transcript and 2.8 gpa.

From what I've seen, most of the schools are like this. More than 50 schools extend their deadline to June according to PharmCas.

I some-what agree about this. In the past (5 years ago when i applied for it), its hard to get into this school. PCAT is one of the requirements to apply for the program. Now, if you have a BS and full-fill prerequisites, you won't have to take the PCAT. Also, they don't even care about/require reference letters. I think because of many new pharmacy schools opened recently, the school makes the process easier so that they have enough students to fill the class (it's a profit school).

One of my relatives got a BS from his "foreign country", took all pre-pharmacy prerequisites in the US, and submitted supplemental docs (01/2017), he got an invitation for interview after a few days. He had no pharmacy experience, volunteer or healthcare related activities, and academic achievement. I couldn't believe that he got the invitation for an interview that easy and quick (just a few days after supplemental docs submitted).

Were pharmacy schools kind of like this before 1998 when students just applied and got in without any interview or rejection? It's like any other majors, i.e. engineering..., when most applications are accepted w/o interview, test, letter of recommendation, experience...

Last edited by a moderator:
Were pharmacy schools kind of like this before 1998 when students just applied and got in without any interview or rejection? It's like any other majors, like engineering..., when most applications are accepted.
so does anyone know what the cost of living and attendance will be in jordan

so does anyone know what the cost of living and attendance will be in jordan

It's around $28,000 a year. But that may be for Henderson. Cost of living in South Jordan is a tad higher I noticed.

Anyone is familiar with the area "Draper" by South Jordan campus

Last edited: