2017 PSAPS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChampagnePharmD

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently working through the new Pulmonary/EM 2017 PSAPS. I have completed the COPD and am now working on the CF module. Please DM me if you are currently also working on these modules.

Members don't see this ad.

The ED modules are horrible - I am pretty sure I could write something more informative in half a day

Reactions: 1 user
The ED modules are horrible - I am pretty sure I could write something more informative in half a day

I don't disagree, but I helped edit one a few years ago. They're alarmingly difficult to write - it's a much harder audience to write for than students. You have to decide is it worth bringing in smaller studies for minutiae that may not have lasting impact on the literature just to add new information for a pretty cut and dry topic?

I hate doing them and rarely learn anything new (especially in my own practice area) but I have some respect for the process because it sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't disagree, but I helped edit one a few years ago. They're alarmingly difficult to write - it's a much harder audience to write for than students. You have to decide is it worth bringing in smaller studies for minutiae that may not have lasting impact on the literature just to add new information for a pretty cut and dry topic?

I hate doing them and rarely learn anything new (especially in my own practice area) but I have some respect for the process because it sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I guess you are right that it depends on the intended audience.

If I was writing a ED module for ED RPh's - I would not have wrote what they focused on - as like you said, you don't learn anything new. If you are writing it on the student/resident level- Rph's in that area won't learn anything. If you write it for an "expert" in that area, it will likely be above the head of other RPhs. I guess the PSAP's that I learned the most from are those in areas I am interested in, but far from an expert. I thought the cardiology one last year was very good

I am currently working on

PSAP 2017: Pulmonary and Emergency Medicine

I have the following chapters completed, please message me if you are looking to compare answers. Thank you

- COPD & Asthma
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Acute Pulmonary Embolism in Adults

I would like to finish these PSAP as soon as possible.

I am currently working on

PSAP 2017: Pulmonary and Emergency Medicine

I have the following chapters completed, please message me if you are looking to compare answers. Thank you

- COPD & Asthma
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Acute Pulmonary Embolism in Adults

I would like to finish these PSAP as soon as possible.

not try to be "that guy" but you realize sharing of answers is grounds for revocation of your BCPS certification? Not that people don't do it all the time, just don't post on a public forum that you do

Reactions: 1 users