This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In regards to students who matriculate to medical school after this program does anyone know how many go to VCOM vs other schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like a lot of good news today! :)

Also received my acceptance this morning. My stats are 3.52 cGPA, 3.42 sGPA, no MCAT, and PA resident. Can't wait to get started!
Just curious... you have good GPA with an attempt at MCAT and a score north of 500, you would get an acceptance - why this path?

Just curious... you have good GPA with an attempt at MCAT and a score north of 500, you would get an acceptance - why this path?

Because I have way too many repeats, and with the recent removal of the grade repeat policy, my GPA drops to sub 3.0 which is not competitive. There's a lot of people in similar situations with the AACOMAS policy change.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
what loans are you guys using and does anybody know about housing??? where should i look i need something close to campus

Because I have way too many repeats, and with the recent removal of the grade repeat policy, my GPA drops to sub 3.0 which is not competitive. There's a lot of people in similar situations with the AACOMAS policy change.

3.1ish to 2.4 here babyyyyyyy :wtf:

Reactions: 4 users
In regards to students who matriculate to medical school after this program does anyone know how many go to VCOM vs other schools?

The vast majority go to VCOM. Probably somewhere upwards of 75-80%

what loans are you guys using and does anybody know about housing??? where should i look i need something close to campus

If you join the FB page there has been extensive conversation on housing and loan options. I would browse through the threads on there.

does anybody on here have slides from last years post bac kids ----- just so I get a feel.

Just got accepted!

Anyone have the link for the facebook page? Is it just the VCOM-Virginia page or is there a separate page for the postbacc students?

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! When did you apply and what were your stats?
I applied April 14th, and finalized my app on May 2nd. Mcat 494, Sci Gpa 3.5, overall 3.31, and a decent amount of extracurricular activities.

Reactions: 1 user
If you keep tabs on the group page there will be a google drive uploaded closer to your start date with study guides and practice questions for your use. PPTs will not be included and have been known to change with each year.

Best of luck. Be sure to read all the posts on that page.

you mean the facebook page?

do you guys get the sense that theyre weeding you out. thats what ive heard about lecoms post bac

you mean the facebook page?

Yes the Facebook page which was listed many times prior in the thread

do you guys get the sense that theyre weeding you out. thats what ive heard about lecoms post bac

From my understanding this program is quite different and the environment that every student has expressed is a very supportive faculty and collaborative upperclassmen that supports you throughout the process. There's a reason this program has upwards of 75% matriculation., even had 93% couple years back.

So don't worry and enjoy your acceptance and work hard either way.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yes the Facebook page which was listed many times prior in the thread

From my understanding this program is quite different and the environment that every student has expressed is a very supportive faculty and collaborative upperclassmen that supports you throughout the process. There's a reason this program has upwards of 75% matriculation., even had 93% couple years back.

So don't worry and enjoy your acceptance and work hard either way.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

this program sounds a lot different then lecoms

Having trouble finding a place. Anyone have any suggestions?!

Where have you tried so far? You can also join the "Virginia Tech housing sublets and roommates" page on Facebook because some people make housing listings there too.

Where have you tried so far? You can also join the "Virginia Tech housing sublets and roommates" page on Facebook because some people make housing listings there too.
Okay thank you :) . I've emailed out highlands, reserve at knollwood and the mill... it's the weekend so hoping for a reply tomorrow. Just seems so hard to do when I'm not near Blacksburg at all.

Hey guys. Congratulation to everyone who got accepted. Question, so I filled out the roommate matching form. When do we here back? Does anyone know how it works? And is anyone else looking for a roommate?

It looks like they finalized the cost of attendance for this year. Luckily it is the same as last year, no price increase

Reactions: 2 users
To the students who were accepted last Tuesday the 6th, have you made sure the school has received your tuition deposit/acceptance and funding forms?

I want to confirm they have it before the 20th deadline but have yet to get a response

When does the book list go up? It's not a link at the moment.

Okay thank you :) . I've emailed out highlands, reserve at knollwood and the mill... it's the weekend so hoping for a reply tomorrow. Just seems so hard to do when I'm not near Blacksburg at all.
Reserve at Knollwood def the spot but all those have been taken. I feel your pain - making moves from Michigan is a tough task as well. I was able to get a two bedroom at Cedarfield. One bedrooms are pretty much sold out in the area I feel.

Reserve at Knollwood def the spot but all those have been taken. I feel your pain - making moves from Michigan is a tough task as well. I was able to get a two bedroom at Cedarfield. One bedrooms are pretty much sold out in the area I feel.

yes .... one bedrooms are sold out... i noticed same thing today

I've lived in Blacksburg for about 5 years now - the one bedrooms selling out already is unfortunately no surprise. With VT in the area, much of the 'good' off-campus housing gets reserved starting in the Fall of the previous year and continues throughout the early Spring. It would probably be helpful, for those that are willing, to became roommates and go for 2-3 bedroom apartments.

When does the book list go up? It's not a link at the moment.

This is what I have. Remember they are subject to change! Dr. Hill should release yours soon.

Attachments

• gc booklist fall 2016.pdf
    183 KB · Views: 95
  • GCP booklist Spring 2017.docx
    43.8 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: 3 users
I applied on the 14th and I think my application was complete on 16th.
14th of April? I had my app transferred from the DO program around the 10th, so it looks like we should be next. I emailed about 3 weeks ago and was told that I was in line to be reviewed last week, but I still haven't heard anything

14th of April? I had my app transferred from the DO program around the 10th, so it looks like we should be next. I emailed about 3 weeks ago and was told that I was in line to be reviewed last week, but I still haven't heard anything
Yep. should be any day now

Did anyone get an email after all the accepted student required paperwork was submitted? I submitted everything in May and I haven't heard back from them.

Did anyone get an email after all the accepted student required paperwork was submitted? I submitted everything in May and I haven't heard back from them.

I just sent all the medical stuff (physical, immunizations, etc.) over last week and haven't heard anything, but it will take a while for my stuff to get there since I'm quite far from Blacksburg. I've heard that people have their VCOM email accounts set up already, but I haven't received any word of this.

I just sent all the medical stuff (physical, immunizations, etc.) over last week and haven't heard anything, but it will take a while for my stuff to get there since I'm quite far from Blacksburg. I've heard that people have their VCOM email accounts set up already, but I haven't received any word of this.

I have my VCOM email set up for a while now but I haven't received any emails on there.

Has anyone heard back recently from admission committee? i transferred my application from DO on the 25th April. does anyone knows how many seats are still remaining?

I have my VCOM email set up for a while now but I haven't received any emails on there.
I emailed them for an update to see if they recieved the required documents using my vcom email. You should just email them to check

Has anyone heard back recently from admission committee? i transferred my application from DO on the 25th April. does anyone knows how many seats are still remaining?
I am with you on the waiting game. I applied and was told my application was complete March 13th...

I haven't heard back yet and I'm getting a little worried to be honest. I sent my application in end of march but my last materials probably didn't reach them until near the deadline (around April 15th). I think the queue for review is based on the order of when applications were complete. Last update I got from them was saying that everything has been processed in my file but not reviewed yet by the committee. That it'll be "going for review soon". With that being said, I did not transfer anything from AACOMAS, I just applied through the regular normal application. Others in this thread have applied relatively late and been complete around beginning of April and got a decision 2 weeks ago. What might be taking my application longer than others is that I have a pretty extensive amount of course replacement/retakes (DIY Post bacc) and it was done at a different institution than my undergraduate degree. So I assume it's taking more effort to process and calculate multiple transcripts for an accurate GPA and a complete file.

They say that all decisions should be made by the end of June. My understanding is that earlier applicants have an advantage in that they have more spots open. They do get the bulk of applicants towards the deadline and also more last minute transfers from the DO application. So I imagine they have a larger pool of applicants to have to process and choose from towards the end. More competitive. I also heard this will be a record year of number of applicants to this program (even heard that the graduate class size might be increasing from the 100? let me know if this is true or false). So it's going to take closer to the 8+ weeks of processing time in regards to their 6-8 weeks estimate.

I don't know for sure but I imagine the class size is probably at LEAST half or 2/3rds full. I think they purposely have kept a portion open to evaluate some of the DO app transfers that come in towards the end. Although previous years threads have indicated people getting some pretty last-minute acceptances in July (even just a week before class starts). I assume those are the waitlisted folks who get in because someone ends up turning down their seat last minute.

I'll be honest. At this point I'm expecting a rejection, and just hoping for a pleasant surprise of an acceptance. I really wish I applied as early as possible. I think I would've been pretty competitive at the beginning. Hindsight is 20/20 huh?

I am with you on the waiting game. I applied and was told my application was complete March 13th...

Oh wow. Have you checked your spam box yet? I feel like if it was complete that early, it should've already been reviewed and a decision made. There are people who applied almost a month later than you and got a decision 2 weeks ago.

The reason why I mention the spam box is because someone in a previous year's thread was wondering why they haven't gotten a response. They never reached out until waaaaay later. Turns out they had been accepted like a month and a half earlier, but the email went to their spam box. I think at that point they were already like 2 weeks pass the deposit deadline.

To those who still haven't heard back. They said in an email that they'd be done by the end of the month.