2017 PHAP (Public Health Associate Program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone!
Does anyone know when we are supposed to hear back?

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone head anything else about the freeze? When you go to apply on the CDC other job offers, there is a clause about the freeze.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Long time reader (since the 2016 forum lol), first-time poster! I applied last year and didn't hear back, so I'm super excited that I made it to Phase II. I believe that notification for interviews started as early as next week in the previous forums, so hopefully that will be the case this year!

Hey everyone! Long time reader (since the 2016 forum lol), first-time poster! I applied last year and didn't hear back, so I'm super excited that I made it to Phase II. I believe that notification for interviews started as early as next week in the previous forums, so hopefully that will be the case this year!

YES!April is next week! Super excited. Good luck everyone for Phase III

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone head anything else about the freeze? When you go to apply on the CDC other job offers, there is a clause about the freeze.

Freeze isn't over but should be by the end of the month if there isn't an extension. I know other agencies are still processing paperwork but can't techemically hire (unless in certain job positions etc) but we should still go through the phases and possibly matching before actual hiring paperwork will be affected. (At least that's what I see at my agency looking at new hires for FY2017)

I got an interview! Check your emails!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the email for an interview!! This response was quicker than I expected, given the wait last round

Reactions: 3 users
Just got my email as well! Congrats everyone! I'm excited for the next round!

Reactions: 3 users
me too!! good luck on phase III. does anyone know how we can check where we put our regional preferences for? I forgot

Reactions: 1 users
me too!! good luck on phase III. does anyone know how we can check where we put our regional preferences for? I forgot
You can log into the application part for the Part II and go down to print application and can see it from there

Hello All,

I made it to the interview phase as well. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Y'all, I literally screamed lol. Congrats everyone!! I made it to the next phase as well :) Good luck!!!!

I got an Email!!!!!!! I am super excited! CONGRATS to all moving forward! And if you dont, keep trying! The program is growing! Keep PHAP alive. Sorry if my post is super enthused :)

Got the email!!! Waiting for the link to schedule the interview!

Has anyone receive the additional email yet to set up the interview?

Any one know if the interview emails came all at once or if they'll be in waves? No email but my "FMS" account still says under review so I was wondering if there's hope- congrats to all that have heard btw !!

I just received my link to schedule the interview @ad8861a i have two friends in the program and they didn't get their emails for the interview until April 5th, so I wouldn't worry too much about not receiving it right away.

I just received my link to schedule the interview @ad8861a i have two friends in the program and they didn't get their emails for the interview until April 5th, so I wouldn't worry too much about not receiving it right away.
Thanks for the insight!

Got my e-mail this morning and scheduled my interview!!

Does anyone know how many people applied this year and how many people CDC plans on accepting? In the past, each cohort was roughly 200 and they invited 3x that for interviews.

I haven't gotten the second email yet with the information for the Doodle. I'm trying to decide how long to wait to contact PHAP, just in case I don't get the second email. I've been refreshing my email like crazy.

I haven't gotten the second email yet with the information for the Doodle. I'm trying to decide how long to wait to contact PHAP, just in case I don't get the second email. I've been refreshing my email like crazy.
I'm also waiting for the second email even though I got the first one like 6 hours ago. :(

Same. I'm only debating because tomorrow is Friday and I doubt they'll send anything over the weekend.
I would wait until around midday tomorrow and then send an e-mail if you still have not received the information to set up your interview. If it helps, I live on the East Coast. I know that they send e-mails in waves and that may be a factor, but not really sure!

I would wait until around midday tomorrow and then send an e-mail if you still have not received the information to set up your interview. If it helps, I live on the East Coast. I know that they send e-mails in waves and that may be a factor, but not really sure!

Thanks! I live on the East Coast as well. I just got the second email and chose my interview day and time.

Congrats everyone!

Does anyone know what the interview questions are like?

For those of you who received an interview invitation, what does your status on usajobs say now?

For those that received the link for the Doodle sign up. Has anyone received the same email for the Doodle poll several times? I filled it out but then two minutes later I got the Doodle link sent to me again and it didn't show where I had previously chosen my time slot.

Congrats to everyone that received interviews already. Do they normally send out more or is that it? I'm getting nervous...

For those that received the link for the Doodle sign up. Has anyone received the same email for the Doodle poll several times? I filled it out but then two minutes later I got the Doodle link sent to me again and it didn't show where I had previously chosen my time slot.
I haven't gotten the doodle poll yet but I've received the email about moving on to the interview. Does anyone else have this issue?

I haven't gotten the doodle poll yet but I've received the email about moving on to the interview. Does anyone else have this issue?
I had that issue yesterday and got the Doodle email 6 hours after my initial email. When did you get the first email?

Congrats to everyone that received interviews already. Do they normally send out more or is that it? I'm getting nervous...
From previous forums, it seems that they send out more in waves. Hopefully, you hear something soon

I had that issue yesterday and got the Doodle email 6 hours after my initial email. When did you get the first email?
I got my email yesterday at 3pm and I've been refreshing my email constantly to get the doodle poll. I don't know if there may be an issue given that I'm currently in a foreign country currently (?)

I didn't get multiple e-mails, but after I "saved" my time slot, the doodle poll became private/locked. Hoping I recorded my time correctly and it actually went through!

I got my email yesterday at 3pm and I've been refreshing my email constantly to get the doodle poll. I don't know if there may be an issue given that I'm currently in a foreign country currently (?)
Personally, I don't think that should be an issue. If you haven't already, you should email PHAP.

I feel like I have the answer to my own question, but would it be possible to change your regional preference during the interview? I'd be changing my second choice to something else.

I didn't get multiple e-mails, but after I "saved" my time slot, the doodle poll became private/locked. Hoping I recorded my time correctly and it actually went through!

Hi, I was able to click the doodle link again after picking a slot and it took me back to the page where I first chose a time slot. It showed my previous selection and allowed me to edit my selection, although there weren't many options left available.

Oh!! Before I forget, I live in the Atlanta area and a major highway here collapsed. The portion of the highway is a major artery used to get to where the PHAP office and CDC is. So, that could be another reason for delay. A lot of the side streets were congested (many of which also lead to the CDC).

Congrats on moving to the next phase! I'm so anxious because I haven't recieved an email, but staying hopeful. What does your status on FWS say? Not USAJobs.
Thank you!! It says that my application is ready for review. Hopefully, you guys hear back soon *fingers crossed* :xf::xf:

Oh!! Before I forget, I live in the Atlanta area and a major highway here collapsed. The portion of the highway is a major artery used to get to where the PHAP office and CDC is. So, that could be another reason for delay. A lot of the side streets were congested (many of which also lead to the CDC).

You live in Atlanta! That is great for the orientation :)
But the collapse isn't good. Stay safe.

You live in Atlanta! That is great for the orientation :)
But the collapse isn't good. Stay safe.
Thanks hun! I live in one of the southern suburbs. Traffic was already bad here, but it's definitely gotten worse. I'm hoping that I get to stay here for the program. Or at least within the region.

Has anyone in Colorado( im in Denver) received an email for the interview?
If you received email you were referred in March after statement review, will you for sure move to next phase and get an interview?
I haven't received email.

Has anyone in Colorado( im in Denver) received an email for the interview?
If you received email you were referred in March after statement review, will you for sure move to next phase and get an interview?
I haven't received email.
Hmmm. After the statement review the only email I got was saying I was moving forward to interview with instructions about doodle and skype. Was that the email you recieved? It took about 6 hours after that for the doodle email to come through to me. Not in Colorado but trying to see what email you got.

Hmmm. After the statement review the only email I got was saying I was moving forward to interview with instructions about doodle and skype. Was that the email you recieved? It took about 6 hours after that for the doodle email to come through to me. Not in Colorado but trying to see what email you got.
I have not received an email in April. The email I received was in March after statement review that I was referred and will be contacted if they want an interview I notice alot of people in this blog got that email and there was major confusion bc we all got not referred emails and later in the day we got referred. Haventreceived an email about an interview or doodle poll as of yet.

I have not received an email in April. The email I received was in March after statement review that I was referred and will be contacted if they want an interview I notice alot of people in this blog got that email and there was major confusion bc we all got not referred emails and later in the day we got referred. Haventreceived an email about an interview or doodle poll as of yet.

I believe the referred email was just them updating our status on USA jobs to indicate which of us had moved forward to the personal statement round. It was not an email saying we were referred based our personal statement. Last year they sent out the emails for interviews in batches, so perhaps you will receive one this week. If you are selected for an interview you will receive an email explicitly saying you were selected for an interview. A second email comes after that with a doodle poll to actually schedule the interview.