2017 Nontrad Applicants' Progress Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thoughts on phone call recommendations?
I have a program director (physician) willing to call on my behalf to a school that I am on the WL for

Members don't see this ad.

Thoughts on phone call recommendations?
I have a program director (physician) willing to call on my behalf to a school that I am on the WL for
its worth the shot at this point. Are you already accepted to another school?

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm, There is a risk of it back firing, but a risk of it working for you as well. Though. I had a physican call on my behalf to a school, however he was faculty at that school. I ended up getting interviewed and accepted there. I am unsure how much that made a difference.

Reactions: 1 user
hmm, There is a risk of it back firing, but a risk of it working for you as well. Though. I had a physican call on my behalf to a school, however he was faculty at that school. I ended up getting interviewed and accepted there. I am unsure how much that made a difference.
oh thats good to know!
he is affiliated with the residency program from the school!

I can't be the only one really starting to stress about moving and finding a place to live and stuff, right? I won't know if I am in at my MD school(where I'm currently doing an SMP) until June, and the DO school I'm accepted at starts mid July. I hate moving with a passion and it is so much worse not knowing or having much time to organize things. I'm hoping to go home and see my family before class starts as well, making things even more chaotic at a time when I should be allowing myself to take a break.

Congratulations on your acceptance! Do you mind sharing where you were accepted? If not, I understand. Thanks!

Another nontrad applying this cycle. Good luck everyone!

3.8 c, 3.9 s, 510 (127/130/125/128), decent ecs, 37, existing career path low status and unrelated to medicine

1 MD II out of 7 secondaries at this point. My DO letter writer seems to have flaked, no IIs, not sure if I should try to get another or if it's too late?

Also starting MCAT prep for a retake next year due to bio subsection.
what region are you in?
Do you have the ability to go visit on-site for a local DO school?

Texas resident, UNT and the new UIW are both day trips. I could travel also.
ok good!

I did this, and when I spoke to some ADCOM members, they said it demonstrated a significant level of interest and commitment

but just call first and see if it's okay