2017 Match List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think mt Sinai also matched both IR internally. Usf did the same. 3/4 IR residents who matched rush went to Chicago med schools. Institutional/ regional biases are common through all specialties I feel

according to poster above, mount sinai matched one ir/dr internally.

Members don't see this ad.

Florida Atlantic University CESCOM

MUSC
U Illinois at Chicago
BID (IR)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Emory matched all females into IR (brown x2, lsu, penn state). Their PD and another female attending then proceeded to give a twitter shoutout to @angiowomen and @womenIRads.

Don't know if the gender bias was real, but on the surface it seems as though there may have been some...

That's great! They'll be guaranteed an equal amount of maternity time and "free from fluoroscopy c-arm time while pregnant" time. They won't be taking any more or less call than any one else. Of course, it might be a little hard on any man who ever chooses to rank or match there but they'll figure it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's great! They'll be guaranteed an equal amount of maternity time and "free from fluoroscopy c-arm time while pregnant" time. They won't be taking any more or less call than any one else. Of course, it might be a little hard on any man who ever chooses to rank or match there but they'll figure it out.

Lol, the IR/DR match this year was still > 65% men. This is a silly argument regarding time away from the C-arm (literature has shown no adverse effects to the baby). Also, having competent clinicians opens the way for a greater referral base. Your argument about maternity time applies to literally every specialty. I know you are better than your argument

Reactions: 1 users
according to poster above, mount sinai matched one ir/dr internally.

Their twitter on match day showed two mt sinai students posing in a pic while being introduced as the next IR residents

Well I think what I was getting at is I hope people get ranked on merit and personality and don't get bumped up or down in the "neck and neck" situations just because they're a guy or girl.

Last edited:
Emory matched all females into IR (brown x2, lsu, penn state). Their PD and another female attending then proceeded to give a twitter shoutout to @angiowomen and @womenIRads.

Don't know if the gender bias was real, but on the surface it seems as though there may have been some...

@angiowoman is an Emory attending lol. I don't think it was a gender bias so much as it was an emphasis on diversity. fwiw same argument can be made w/ affirmative action, which obv is a heated topic. I will see almost everyone I met on the trail were brilliant

Their twitter on match day showed two mt sinai students posing in a pic while being introduced as the next IR residents

nowhere does it say they are mount sinai students lol.

Just hope people don't make a bigger issue out of it than it needs to be. Just pick who's the more solid candidate, irrespective of gender is all I'm saying.

Reactions: 1 user
UT San Antonio is incorrect btw, believe what was put is last year's match:

UAB (IR)
Houston Methodist
Baylor Dallas
UTSW (IR)
SAMMC (military)

Lol, the IR/DR match this year was still > 65% men. This is a silly argument regarding time away from the C-arm (literature has shown no adverse effects to the baby). Also, having competent clinicians opens the way for a greater referral base. Your argument about maternity time applies to literally every specialty. I know you are better than your argument

Do you have IR residency match data?

Louisville
Alabama
Indiana
Louisville
Mt Auburn
Grand Rapids
MIR
Mississippi
Wake Forest
Cleveland Clinic
MUSC