2017-2018 Western U of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete 08/06
II 08/22
LizzyM 69

Members don't see this ad.

2-3 week turn around. They meet for 6 hours every Thursday.

There's a 30 min interview and 2 5min MMIs. The order in which you do them depends on the group you're in, but the interviews/MMI are at the very beginning of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Didn't they say every Thursday after a Saturday interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you really talking about Pomona? Because I'm a native of Pomona and it's definitely far from "beautiful" lol. The area around the campus is okay, but step a block away and you need to fear for your life.

I was wondering that exact same thing, haha

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what the deposit is like for this school? I can only find older references to it but it sounds like it's $2,000...? If so that is utter insanity and I'm kind of turned off to this school by that.

Does anyone know what the deposit is like for this school? I can only find older references to it but it sounds like it's $2,000...? If so that is utter insanity and I'm kind of turned off to this school by that.
This is literally the case for a majority of DO schools. I have never seen a deposit for less than 1200. Not unique to this school bud.

Reactions: 1 user
RVU is only 250 for the first several months, then goes up.
"For a MAJORITY of DO schools". Glad there is an exception but doesn't change the fact that most deposits for DO schools are 1000+

This is literally the case for a majority of DO schools. I have never seen a deposit for less than 1200. Not unique to this school bud.

"Everyone else is doing it" doesn't make me feel any different towards a school for taking advantage of prospective students.

Reactions: 2 users
"Everyone else is doing it" doesn't make me feel any different towards a school for taking advantage of prospective students.
Yeah I know. It bothers me a lot too :/ I'm just pointing out it isn't unique to this institution.

$2000. If accepted before January, you only need $1000 down by December.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting on EDS to verify me... Application submitted 8/13, they contacted me about updating a LOR from a physician. It got there 2 weeks ago and still nothing, emailed them and called and left a message. Anyone else having this problem?

Still waiting on EDS to verify me... Application submitted 8/13, they contacted me about updating a LOR from a physician. It got there 2 weeks ago and still nothing, emailed them and called and left a message. Anyone else having this problem?
My application has now been delayed for over a month because of this, despite not having issues with my LOR for 20+ other schools. It takes time...I might suggest waiting another week and then verify that they have it. The first time this happened, they said they had received it and it just wasn't processed by EDS yet.

My application has now been delayed for over a month because of this, despite not having issues with my LOR for 20+ other schools. It takes time...I might suggest waiting another week and then verify that they have it. The first time this happened, they said they had received it and it just wasn't processed by EDS yet.
Got a response by calling and them having EDS contact me. They said they never received the LOR, ended up that the doctor didn't put my first and last name in the letter but they were able to find it. I would suggest contacting EDS through email it might help push you up to get your application verified a little quicker!

That is great! Thank you for the advice. I will be sure to reach out to them. Fingers crossed! Good luck to you :)
Got a response by calling and them having EDS contact me. They said they never received the LOR, ended up that the doctor didn't put my first and last name in the letter but they were able to find it. I would suggest contacting EDS through email it might help push you up to get your application verified a little quicker!

I interviewed at the Lebanon campus on the 7th. Anyone who interviewed that day know when we should hear back?

I interviewed at the Lebanon campus on the 7th. Anyone who interviewed that day know when we should hear back?
if I remember right they meet every Thursday after a Saturday interview. I don't know if that means that is when we would hear back, but they said that's when they meet. I was there with you, so it's possible I am not remembering correctly

if I remember right they meet every Thursday after a Saturday interview. I don't know if that means that is when we would hear back, but they said that's when they meet. I was there with you, so it's possible I am not remembering correctly

Yeah that is what they said! but Shauna mentioned they're probably not going to send out decisions until early October

Yeah that is what they said! but Shauna mentioned they're probably not going to send out decisions until early October

awesome thanks for the heads up. I probably would have been checking my portal like every hour everyday after next Thursday if you haven't said that haha good to know!

When they ask for the headshot for interview they just mean to upload it to the "Upload materials" part of the portal right?

I wonder if that's the case with Pomona too... anyone who interviewed at Pomona can comment?

When they ask for the headshot for interview they just mean to upload it to the "Upload materials" part of the portal right?

Yup, and select supplemental materials. I wonder why they didn't ask for headshots before, and why they suddenly asked for it. I feel like they could totally do a perfectly fine job evaluating our application post interview without one! Oh well :p

Yup, and select supplemental materials. I wonder why they didn't ask for headshots before, and why they suddenly asked for it. I feel like they could totally do a perfectly fine job evaluating our application post interview without one! Oh well :p
Where are you guys seeing this need for a picture? Did you get an email or anything? They took our picture on the day of the interview, I thought that that's what that would be for.

Where are you guys seeing this need for a picture? Did you get an email or anything? They took our picture on the day of the interview, I thought that that's what that would be for.

Oh! For those who are applying to the Pomona campus (and have already interviewed?), the admissions office emailed us to ask us to submit a head shot photo.

II today at the Lebanon campus, submitted 8/24. Only got the check mark that it was processed like maybe 2-3 days ago too

Also II on 13 Sep. 64 LizzyM, Central-northern CA non-trad with TX residency. Only open slots were November and on.

PS. Somebody please like this post so I can edit my signature. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 1 users
9/7 interviewers - think decisions will be uploaded tonight ?
I was under the impression the admissions committee would be meeting next Thursday and then we would be getting our decisions sometime after that. Also, where is it that we would see it online? Last year on the thread people were talking about seeing decision stuff on banweb? Would we be able to see it just on the normal portal where we submitted secondaries and stuff?

I still can't believe there isn't a separate thread for the Lebanon campus..

Reactions: 7 users
Hey guys, on the secondary, should I include my ED scribe experience under the shadowing section? Or leave it strictly shadowing?

x

Last edited:
My EDS check-mark still isn't present, but based off my call, they said they received and accepted the letter and my app is under review. It seems like there might just be a big lag with EDS checking it off, but they confirmed that received it about ~7 days ago.

I know they said decisions are made 2-3 weeks, but I can't stop refreshing my portal!

I know they said decisions are made 2-3 weeks, but I can't stop refreshing my portal!
And by portal you mean the place where we submitted our secondary through right? There's no other place that it would show up?

And by portal you mean the place where we submitted our secondary through right? There's no other place that it would show up?

Yup! That's where you got information about your interview. And when the interview was over, the "interview section" of the portal disappeared.

Yup! That's where you got information about your interview. And when the interview was over, the "interview section" of the portal disappeared.

Ok awesome thanks! Just on last years Lebanon thread at least they were talking about checking through WesternU's banweb system they have for students. Just making sure. Yeah I can hardly wait. Also has anyone interviewed at Pomona and Lebanon? Are the interview days pretty similar?

Guys... Just previewed my secondary application and I realized I made an error on the check box.

I misunderstood agreement statement "I authorize WesternU's Human resources to release all relevant personal information contained in BANNER," as the release of my information to others and checked "No."

Am I doomed :(

+1