2017-2018 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same thing just happened to me as well.. getting nervous because they have no sent out IIs in a while.

Members don't see this ad.

To anyone who interviewed with me on 9/11/17, it was so nice to meet you all. I loved our group! :happy:

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same thing just happened to me as well.. getting nervous because they have no sent out IIs in a while.
Im not following your reasoning. You think they have filled their class? that seems doubtful this early.

Reactions: 1 user
Im not following your reasoning. You think they have filled their class? that seems doubtful this early.

Sorry two separate thoughts there. 1. My letters disappeared as well and 2. I hope they send out some more IIs soon since it looks like it has been a while since a ton of people have gotten them.

Sorry two separate thoughts there. 1. My letters disappeared as well and 2. I hope they send out some more IIs soon since it looks like it has been a while since a ton of people have gotten them.
My letters are still there but the supplemental application fee is gone.

To anyone who interviewed with me on 9/11/17, it was so nice to meet you all. I loved our group! :happy:

Yes I agree!! It was such a fun day and you all made the interview less stressful :)

The letters and fee just disappeared from mine.

Mine as well. I'm kinda worried, but glad there's movement.

This happening on the portal is probably 50% of the discussion on this thread. So far, no one has been able to derive any meaning from these little changes. I have had them happen on my portal as well, and I am still waiting to hear about pre-II rejection, hold, or II.

This happening on the portal is probably 50% of the discussion on this thread. So far, no one has been able to derive any meaning from these little changes. I have had them happen on my portal as well, and I am still waiting to hear about pre-II rejection, hold, or II.
+1

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my secondary on September 3rd, saw the checklist change and had the two letter columns plus the supplemental fee column appear the next day but they were not marked received. Today I log into the portal, the two LORs columns are gone lol. This weird, has it happened to anyone? Should I call or wait?
Now, even the supplemental fee column has disappeared. Only things left are supplemental application and disciplinary question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Now, even the supplemental fee column has disappeared. Only things left are supplemental application and disciplinary question.

Same. Lol I think we are all getting carried away when ANY CHANGE occurs xD

That's it folks, I spoke with the admission and they said we are all getting accepted, pre-interview.

Reactions: 9 users
That's it folks, I spoke with the admission and they said we are all getting accepted, pre-interview.

Dammit! For an eighth of a second, I believed you. Now you gotta pay for my ER bill :)

Reactions: 2 users
Just be patient, guys. Sorry to be super cheesy but think of receiving the II like what people say happens with love... it will come to you when you aren't looking for it / least expect it :cat:

Reactions: 2 users
lol, I lost all my stuff too on the checklist.

If I get an email that says: "Thank you for your interest in the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine. We are pleased you have submitted your application for our consideration. Due to the high volume of applications we receive during the early stages of the application cycle, we currently have a limited number of interview slots available. We want to assure you that your application is still under consideration, and we will continue to update you regarding your status. The highest number of applications is generally received during the first few months of the application cycle; therefore, additional time is needed to review all files and extend interview offers. We appreciate your patience in this important process. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us." Does that mean my application has been deferred? :(
I got this email a while ago and then received an interview offer a few weeks later! Don't get your hopes down yet

My checklist still has the supplemental application, letters, and disciplinary questions, but I do not have the supplemental application fee anymore. Man their checklist is so whack! Haha

Hi everyone! i just received an email saying my application has been placed on hold (deferred decision) and I'm kind of confused as to what that means exactly. am i getting rejected, or is that kind of like being put on a waitlist? for reference my stats are: non traditional student with a degree in architecture 508 mcat, 3.2cgpa, 3.3 sgpa, 3.7pbgpa. Any help or clarity would be amazing! thanks guys!

Hi everyone! i just received an email saying my application has been placed on hold (deferred decision) and I'm kind of confused as to what that means exactly. am i getting rejected, or is that kind of like being put on a waitlist? for reference my stats are: non traditional student with a degree in architecture 508 mcat, 3.2cgpa, 3.3 sgpa, 3.7pbgpa. Any help or clarity would be amazing! thanks guys!

A lot of schools I have seen begin re-evaluating these lists in dec or jan. Def. not a rejection.

Just got the best phone call of my life... I've been accepted to medical school here!!! I'm so happy I can barely even type this right now

Reactions: 15 users
Same! Was your interview on Monday? Just wondering if we have met each other lol
Just got the best phone call of my life... I've been accepted to medical school here!!! I'm so happy I can barely even type this right now

A lot of schools I have seen begin re-evaluating these lists in dec or jan. Def. not a rejection.
thanks so much. i guess I'm mostly confused because i thought my stats were good for the school, but i could see my gpa being a problem! thanks again!

Got that acceptance phone call today!! That heart stopping moment when you realize you CAN become a doctor!!

Reactions: 13 users
Just got the acceptance call! Excited is an understatement

Reactions: 14 users
Congratulations everyone who got accepted. When did you guys interview?

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! Hopefully I can feel your happiness one day :)

I GOT THE PHONE CALL TODAY TOO!! The most incredibly amazing feeling I've ever had. I cried! Haha. WVSOM is such an amazing school I am so honored! Congrats to everyone else who got accepted today and good luck to everyone still in the application process!

Reactions: 11 users
Congrats to everyone accepted! Welcome to wvsom!

So exciting!!! Congrats everyone.
P.S. I would have cried too. Hell, I'm damn near crying just for you guys, and I have no idea who you are

Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed on 9/11 and got the acceptance phone call today too! Definitely cried on the phone. Congrats to everyone else who got a call!

Reactions: 7 users
I interviewed on 9/11 and got the acceptance phone call today too! Definitely cried on the phone. Congrats to everyone else who got a call!
Congrats!!!!!! I also love food lol

Second that!! good to see we both got accepted! hope to see you there in fall 2018

Reactions: 6 users
Same! Was your interview on Monday? Just wondering if we have met each other lol

I actually interviewed on Thursday 09/07! Who knows though, we may end up being future classmates someday ;):)

Congratulations everyone who got accepted. When did you guys interview?
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! Hopefully I can feel your happiness one day :)
Congrats to everyone accepted! Welcome to wvsom!
So exciting!!! Congrats everyone.
P.S. I would have cried too. Hell, I'm damn near crying just for you guys, and I have no idea who you are

Thank you everyone! If you interviewed here and haven't already, I hope you hear some good news in the near future! :xf: And good luck to everyone still waiting! I am sure that any medical school would be happy to have you and you'll accomplish all of your dreams :)

Reactions: 3 users
Fellow September 11th interviewee here, and I received my acceptance call in the afternoon, as well!!! The level of excitement and relief I'm feeling cannot be put into words. I really hope every person from my awesome interview group got the phone call, I can see that some of you did:soexcited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
II just now! submitted secondary 9/4

Reactions: 5 users
Do we know how many people interview? if an interview invite is sent, does that mean if we succeed in our interview then we will be accepted?

Do we know how many people interview? if an interview invite is sent, does that mean if we succeed in our interview then we will be accepted?

I can recall seeing this information somewhere on their website. I can't recall the exact number, but I believe it was ~450 people that were interviewed. I know guessing isn't the answer you're looking for, so if anybody else has other stats, please tell me I'm wrong haha.

Anyone interviewing next Monday on the 25th? I'm OOS (New Jersey) and just wondering if there's any fellow North-easterns attending lol. Super excited to get to know WVSOM better after hearing such positive things

I can recall seeing this information somewhere on their website. I can't recall the exact number, but I believe it was ~450 people that were interviewed. I know guessing isn't the answer you're looking for, so if anybody else has other stats, please tell me I'm wrong haha.

Anybody able to support this?