2017-2018 Weill Cornell Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, I was wondering what the proper name is of the school. And didn't want to type out the whole name
I think it should be fine. You could also just say Weill or Cornell medical college, at least that's what I did. I also don't have an interview to Cornell...so there's that.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey heyyyy II just now!! Complete late July!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone gotten a response with an ITA request for Cornell?

Reactions: 1 user
II! so excited, love this school

Reactions: 3 users
You're the fourth person to ask haha. It's in my signature. Complete 6/8. Secondary received in July, sent out same day

That's not what complete means - complete refers to the date that secondary, letters, and fee were all received by the school. So your complete date will vary by school, which is why people keep asking.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else have had IIs or any news from Weill?

Members don't see this ad :)
For people who have interviewed, do we arrive by 8am or just before our first scheduled interview?

For people who have interviewed, do we arrive by 8am or just before our first scheduled interview?
I think if you're in the morning, 10-15 mins before you're interview, and if you're in the afternoon, 11:45.

(edited because the post I was quoting changed their answer) Just show up 10-15 minutes before your first scheduled interview (which they send you the time of the Friday before your interview, if you didn't get that already). You'll be checked in quickly and the locations of your interviews will be personally shown to you on a map. Happy to answer any other questions as I really enjoyed my day here.

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone who did the morning session already say about what time they ended? I know they say 3pm but just trying to see if that's accurate. I'm deciding whether to book a 3:30pm or 4:00pm train out of Penn Station. Arriving at my destination is kind of time sensitive but if the day genuinely ends at 3pm I'll probably book the 4.

i interviewed yesterday (i had morning interview) and it ended at around 3:05

II complete on 8/1/17!!

Reactions: 6 users
Can anyone who did the morning session already say about what time they ended? I know they say 3pm but just trying to see if that's accurate. I'm deciding whether to book a 3:30pm or 4:00pm train out of Penn Station. Arriving at my destination is kind of time sensitive but if the day genuinely ends at 3pm I'll probably book the 4.

The student-lead tour goes until 3pm, and they will usually end a little early. In my case, they ended at around 2:45. If you book an earlier train to Penn Station, they'll be very accommodating if you need to leave, as they're also trying to accommodate students with afternoon interviews.

II this week! LM 75 complete early August. Mid-October and on available to pick from.

Is there any point of choosing an early date besides getting it out of the way (I know Cornell is non rolling). I'm wondering if it would be better to wait till I interview elsewhere so I get used to how these things go. Anyone have any 2 cents. This is an extremely top choice for me so as much prep as possible before the date would be preferred.

For those who already interviewed- were you allowed to store a backpack in the admissions office (with personal belongings, cell phone, keys, etc.)? If not, where did you put these items? Thanks!

Is there any point of choosing an early date besides getting it out of the way (I know Cornell is non rolling). I'm wondering if it would be better to wait till I interview elsewhere so I get used to how these things go. Anyone have any 2 cents. This is an extremely top choice for me so as much prep as possible before the date would be preferred.
Hey there, congrats on the interview! Since they are non-rolling, it shouldn't hurt you to choose a later date since you've already got the invite. If it will make you more comfortable then by all means go with it (I scheduled my state school first when I got the chance and it helped a bit with the nervousness). I will say that as long as you can comfortably talk to a person, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I had had a few traditional interviews at other schools before coming here, and while each one of those had one nice guy and one hard*** (tbh), at WCMC they were both chill, low-key, nice people who knew my app well and everything was casual. No curveball questions or ethical dilemmas. Also I definitely recommend the morning session, it was amazing to roll in, go to two interviews and chat with other interviewees, then be completely done before lunch and just have a nice relaxed tour (spoiler alert I saw my first cadaver on this tour).

For those who already interviewed- were you allowed to store a backpack in the admissions office (with personal belongings, cell phone, keys, etc.)? If not, where did you put these items? Thanks!
I didn't bring stuff but I'm 99% sure they had somewhere to store it. Basically every school does, so the worst you have to worry about is how uncomfortable it is to lug your stuff there :)

Hey there, congrats on the interview! Since they are non-rolling, it shouldn't hurt you to choose a later date since you've already got the invite. If it will make you more comfortable then by all means go with it (I scheduled my state school first when I got the chance and it helped a bit with the nervousness). I will say that as long as you can comfortably talk to a person, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I had had a few traditional interviews at other schools before coming here, and while each one of those had one nice guy and one hard*** (tbh), at WCMC they were both chill, low-key, nice people who knew my app well and everything was casual. No curveball questions or ethical dilemmas. Also I definitely recommend the morning session, it was amazing to roll in, go to two interviews and chat with other interviewees, then be completely done before lunch and just have a nice relaxed tour (spoiler alert I saw my first cadaver on this tour).
Thanks! Yeah, I'll definitely keep that in mind!! I'm pretty confident with the social aspects but def more worried about talking about my research - it's been a bit since I graduated and my PI left so I'm not currently working there. I gotta refresh myself with all the details from my earlier work haha:/

Thanks! Yeah, I'll definitely keep that in mind!! I'm pretty confident with the social aspects but def more worried about talking about my research - it's been a bit since I graduated and my PI left so I'm not currently working there. I gotta refresh myself with all the details from my earlier work haha:/

You will optimally be paired up with an interviewer who has a similar background to the scientific research that you've done, so be prepared to answer some questions about your research. But even then, the majority of both interviews will be conversational. Good luck!

Is Cornell's interview granting pace well behind that of a lot of other comparable schools? I'm surprised that mid-October dates were still available for interviews...it basically is mid-October now.
There are a few dates they don't interview in October and November, as well as Dec 15th - Jan 1st. Some time slots given in Oct and Nov were already picked, so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Is Cornell's interview granting pace well behind that of a lot of other comparable schools? I'm surprised that mid-October dates were still available for interviews...it basically is mid-October now.
so-youre-saying-theres-a-chance.jpg

Silence squad, assemble

Reactions: 16 users
Cornell is non-rolling. Is it worth adding school this late and submitting secondary rapidly?

I suspect so. When I received an interview invite, they gave me dates within the next 2 weeks. Seems they don’t want to schedule too far in advance and have plenty of interview spots left (unlike a certain school in Michigan ).

I suspect so. When I received an interview invite, they gave me dates within the next 2 weeks. Seems they don’t want to schedule too far in advance and have plenty of interview spots left (unlike a certain school in Michigan ).
You can ask for a later date. I'm not interviewing until January

I'm interviewing at Hofstra on Nov 9 and NYU on Nov 28, and also applied to cornell. cornell says in their completion email that you're welcome to send ITA emails. the thing is, i'm in boston, which is ~4 hours away by bus or train. is this too presumptuous to send an ita email, considering nyc isnt that far from boston, even though they say it's okay? just wouldnt want to return to nyc on three separate occasions if possible!

I'm interviewing at Hofstra on Nov 9 and NYU on Nov 28, and also applied to cornell. cornell says in their completion email that you're welcome to send ITA emails. the thing is, i'm in boston, which is ~4 hours away by bus or train. is this too presumptuous to send an ita email, considering nyc isnt that far from boston, even though they say it's okay? just wouldnt want to return to nyc on three separate occasions if possible!
I sent ITA to Harvard and I live in (4.5 hours away) Jersey . They were receptive and added note to my file. I don't think this is unreasonable - Boston is far enough imo!

I'm in Boston, sent an ITA email, and ended up interviewing at Cornell. Do it!