2017-2018 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So has anyone's app been marked complete yet? If so, how long did it take?
It took a few days for me as admissions emailed to tell me one of my letters was missing a letterhead so I had to get that fixed. It seems like they go through your letters manually so it could take a while.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't access the secondary application page for some reason. I guess I'm submitting mine tomorrow :p

It took a few days for me as admissions emailed to tell me one of my letters was missing a letterhead so I had to get that fixed. It seems like they go through your letters manually so it could take a while.
oh ok thank you for letting me know! Trying to keep track of who has confirmed receipt of my secondary and who hasn't and I'm just realizing some schools don't automatically send confirmations...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup same here. It's been the "magical" 2 weeks since I got their secondary invite so I was going to send this one out today.
Haha, same here! Glad to know I'm not the only one having problems with the site. It's 2 weeks to the day today, though I'm hoping they'll forgive me since I do work for them ;)

The portal is back up for me as of a few minutes ago. Figured I'd let you cool folks know :)

When you get a Wash U email and it's about their Reddit ama..like c'mon guys don't play me like that

Reactions: 18 users
When you get a Wash U email and it's about their Reddit ama..like c'mon guys don't play me like that
I didn't even get that

EDIT: Nvm it's there, looks like checking my email every 3 min isn't sufficient

Thats St. Louis University not WashU

Throwing my app in even though my LizzyM score isn't very high. Not expecting much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Throwing my app in even though my LizzyM score isn't very high. Not expecting much.
Yeah, this is one of my YOLO schools, too. My gpa is right around their 10th percentile and I'm not URM or anything.. I did get their fanmail package due to my mcat score, though, so.. maybe they'll decide they really need a white woman in her mid-30s this year? :rofl:

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah, this is one of my YOLO schools, too. My gpa is right around their 10th percentile and I'm not URM or anything.. I did get their fanmail package due to my mcat score, though, so.. maybe they'll decide they really need a white woman in her mid-30s this year? :rofl:
Well, we've got nothing to lose (minus the money) and all to potentially gain from applying. I'm going for it, why not?

Submitted yesterday! Still waiting on them to get my LORs, though :-/

I just got a letter in the mail that appears to be signed by (or maybe just a really good image of her signature) one of the admissions officers at WUSTL congratulating me on my high MCAT score (524, but that's probably not that high for WUSTL) and encouraging me to apply. Is there anything to this, or is it just some more spam?

I just got a letter in the mail that appears to be signed by (or maybe just a really good image of her signature) one of the admissions officers at WUSTL congratulating me on my high MCAT score (524, but that's probably not that high for WUSTL) and encouraging me to apply. Is there anything to this, or is it just some more spam?
Lmfao "a 524 is not that high." Bruh 524 is 100th percentile. I got the letter, too, and I think they only send the letter to top 1 percenters, based on people who've said they received the letter on the thread.

Lmfao "a 524 is not that high." Bruh 524 is 100th percentile. I got the letter, too, and I think they only send the letter to top 1 percenters, based on people who've said they received the letter on the thread.
I'm not trying to humble brag, I'm just saying relative to the rest of the students at WUSTL, that's only like 70th percentile lol

I'm not trying to humble brag, I'm just saying relative to the rest of the students at WUSTL, that's only like 70th percentile lol

Their 75th percentile is a 523, and their 90th percentile is a 525. At any rate, I don't think there's a meaningful difference between their 50th percentile (521) and 100th percentile MCAT. Y'all need to chill a bit -- SDN is not a good representative of the entire applicant population :p

It's auto-generated spam. I got a 525, received the same letter -- if you look closely, the signature is clearly printed...

My letters haven't been "approved by the admissions office yet" and they were received 7/27...should I email the admissions office?

Lmao, I made a really stupid error in one of my optional essays at this school.

Last edited:
Lmao, I made a really stupid error in one of my optional essays at this school. Was removing a pronoun and replacing it with the actual antecedent and ended up leaving the pronoun in there. -_- As you can guess, haven't heard back yet...

To be fair, I don't think anyone has heard back yet!

II!!! Complete early August

Reactions: 9 users
Anyone know if it's worth actually applying if we got an email from the school? LizzyM 73-75 so I didn't think I'd be competitive for this school in terms of numbers. I guess it might've gone out to all URM with a certain MCAT score?

Anyone know if it's worth actually applying if we got an email from the school? LizzyM 73-75 so I didn't think I'd be competitive for this school in terms of numbers. I guess it might've gone out to all URM with a certain MCAT score?

I wasn't planning on applying but their fan mail made me do it. At the end of the day, if you have the money and you like the place, there's no harm in throwing your hat in. Shooters shoot.

I wasn't planning on applying but their fan mail made me do it. At the end of the day, if you have the money and you like the place, there's no harm in throwing your hat in. Shooters shoot.
Totally understand that. Just wanted to get an idea of whether or not the email meant anything. The application process has been pretty expensive already, didn't want to spend the money if I won't be very competitive. Might just throw my name in there anyway though

just woke up to my very first II! 83, 7/20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
Goodness how many IIs do you have? What do you think that X factor in ur application is?
This is certainly more than I expected to have! I think I'm just well-rounded in terms of stats and experiences, not really any "X factors" I can think of :happy:

II today! complete 7/21, LM ~79

Finally some love from the midwest!

Reactions: 2 users
Just high key stressing here so I would love to hear your opinions on this. In many of my secondary essays, I discussed how my struggle with a childhood motor condition influenced me. I overcame the impairment by the time I was like ten, and I have completely functional motor capacities now. I was wondering whether you guys think having a motor impairment as a kid could be grounds for rejection as some sort of tech standards violation or some other reason. I made it clear that I overcame my condition in the essay, but I have not heard back from any schools despite having a LM~78 and being complete in mid July at most schools (20ish) and I'm afraid that this essay topic may have knocked me out of contention at many schools.

Just high key stressing here so I would love to hear your opinions on this. In many of my secondary essays, I discussed how my struggle with a childhood motor condition influenced me. I overcame the impairment by the time I was like ten, and I have completely functional motor capacities now. I was wondering whether you guys think having a motor impairment as a kid could be grounds for rejection as some sort of tech standards violation or some other reason. I made it clear that I overcame my condition in the essay, but I have not heard back from any schools despite having a LM~78 and being complete in mid July at most schools (20ish) and I'm afraid that this essay topic may have knocked me out of contention at many schools.
I don't think you have to worry about being rejected because of that, and anyways it's too late to look back! Sending you good vibes, hopefully you hear soon!

Throwback to early July when we would wake up and groan at the sight of emails from all these schools meaning more and more secondaries...now I wake up and pray to just see one of those admissions email addresses in my inbox :arghh:

II. Mcat 522 Gpa 4.00. Completed late July
H-O-L-I-S-T-I-C

Just kidding though, you definitely earned it, congrats!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: 6 users
II as well yesterday! 3.95/518, marked complete 8/29! OOS

Does anyone have any tips for interview day?

II as well yesterday! 3.95/518, marked complete 8/29! OOS

Does anyone have any tips for interview day?

Congrats! I'm an applicant too, and I've only attended 1 interview so far, but I would recommend practicing common interview questions (http://www.colorado.edu/advising/sites/default/files/attached-files/Med_100 intquest.pdf), preparing potential questions to ask your interviewers (111 Questions to Ask During Your Medical School Interview - Premed Revolution), and reading up on the school. Aside from that, look your best, plan to arrive 30 minutes early, and be nice to everyone you meet on interview day.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! I'm an applicant too, and I've only attended 1 interview so far, but I would recommend practicing common interview questions (http://www.colorado.edu/advising/sites/default/files/attached-files/Med_100 intquest.pdf), preparing potential questions to ask your interviewers (111 Questions to Ask During Your Medical School Interview - Premed Revolution), and reading up on the school. Aside from that, look your best, plan to arrive 30 minutes early, and be nice to everyone you meet on interview day.

Thank you! I haven't had any interviews yet, so I'm pretty nervous and don't know a ton about WUSTL (applied as a reach because of its ridiculous MCAT range) but have already started researching :)

Does WashU mark your recs as complete only after you submit your secondary?

Does WashU mark your recs as complete only after you submit your secondary?
i'm pretty sure its separate but it takes a while here. The school looks through each one and verifies them in terms of headers, signitures ect. If there are problems, they will reach out to you which is nice, which happened to me and it was fixed accordingly.