2017-2018 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected.
IS 503 MCAT 3.5 GPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email from here too at 4:52 with at attachment! Im not opening this crap!! I know it's a rejection so joining this crew!! RIP

Edit: Rejected!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I was complete July 17th and I still haven't received a rejection or an interview invite... and now people from 8/15 are getting rejected already..... is this weird?

Reactions: 2 users
I was complete July 17th and I still haven't received a rejection or an interview invite... and now people from 8/15 are getting rejected already..... is this weird?
I would say that it is more positive than negative, they without a doubt would have reviewed it by now. Maybe they want to review again before inviting.

I was complete exactly 8/15 (I submitted 8/2 I think but since they take longer to process) and haven't heard anything and that portal hasn't changed to anything either. I'm 515/3.3 so not expecting much either

I was complete exactly 8/15 (I submitted 8/2 I think but since they take longer to process) and haven't heard anything and that portal hasn't changed to anything either. I'm 515/3.3 so not expecting much either
They say in the e-mail once you complete that it won't update in portal and everything will be e-mailed about status updates.

They say in the e-mail once you complete that it won't update in portal and everything will be e-mailed about status updates.

Oh I thought I saw previously that someone's said "you will be emailed about a decision" or something along those lines making it seem like the status changed but I guess not

Maybe I'm confusing myself with another school idk I'm tired hahaha

Got a rejection as well today!

and here I still am, complete at the end of July, above av stats, with still silence (as with the case of many of my schools) WTF

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat as you. Complete mid July and have heard nothing yet...

I was complete August 2, and I haven't hear anything. Good news I hope?

I was complete 8/24 and was rejected yesterday, good luck everyone!

II earlier this week!!! Stats: MCAT 518, GPA 3.9. IS. Complete 8/18. I have a lot of ties to the area so that may explain the quick turnover from complete -> II compared to some of you who haven't heard anything.

Reactions: 2 users
II earlier this week!!! Stats: MCAT 518, GPA 3.9. IS. Complete 8/18. I have a lot of ties to the area so that may explain the quick turnover from complete -> II compared to some of you who haven't heard anything.

your 3.9 and 518 might also explain it

Reactions: 14 users
Hey guys! 4.0 and 522. Complete on August 18. Haven't heard anything. Can someone tell me what that might mean?

Hey guys! 4.0 and 522. Complete on August 18. Haven't heard anything. Can someone tell me what that might mean?

You have great stats and were complete less than a month ago. It means that you're still in the game and you just have to be patient.

For anyone who has recently gotten an interview, what dates were offered?

For those of you who said that your application status changed online before you got a decision. How long between portal changing and receiving news?

Complete 8/2 and nothing. Just checking in. Hope everyone is surviving the storm that is med apps.

For anyone familiar with this school and its admissions process, is it too late to send a secondary? Been doing some research and I'd like to add it to my list.

For anyone familiar with this school and its admissions process, is it too late to send a secondary? Been doing some research and I'd like to add it to my list.
I would go for it because I believe their interview season extends into the spring, so plenty of time...

is it too late to submit a secondary

If you took the time to just scroll through this page you would have found your answer exactly one post above yours. In the end is this a school you would regret not applying to? If so apply. If you could care less and you're just being neurotic and anal about your timeline and application then I would say no.

Uh oh I was complete 8/25. Hopefully we're not next...

I interviewed yesterday, and absolutely loved it! The MMI was actually a fun process, and everyone we met along the way was super friendly and eager to tell us about how amazing WF is. Good luck to those interviewing soon! You'll have fun.

Reactions: 4 users
For those of you who have received II's, did your applicant portal change prior to receiving the II?

For those with IIs and are curious about the school, I also interviewed there a few days ago. I actually grew up in and around the area so I was already familiar with the area and the medical school. As someone else already said, the interview day went by really well and I really enjoyed it! The MMI process was exciting and a great opportunity to express yourself in many different ways. The facilities are all new, curriculum looks amazing, and the administrators and faculty really helped to make my day wonderful. I had meaningful conversations with everybody where I could see and hear how much they enjoyed WFSOM. All in all, I got a really wonderful look at the school from a student's, administrative, and faculty perspective which helps to round out your impression of the school.

I do know that a couple of concerns and questions had that my fellow interviewees had was about the surrounding area and what there was to do outside of medical school. The med school is located in downtown Winston-Salem, which I believe is the perfect balance between a "big city" and a "quiet home". There are things to do within walking distance for food and entertainment, but it's also not so big that you risk missing out on a lot of things if you had to choose. It has a very comfortable "homey" feeling yet it is clearly an up-and-coming city with lots of development happening. Although it is one of the main hubs in the area, you still are pretty much required to have a car to travel around. But because NC is a relatively small state, you're only a few hours drive west to the mountains and a few hours drive east to the coast, so everything is relatively accessible if you wanted to go on like a weekend trip or even a day trip to hike! Although I moved away a couple of years ago, I was met with a completely different feel coming back of growth and innovation.

So if you do have an II or are still researching the school, I highly recommend also researching the surrounding area and the city of Winston-Salem. Sure, a majority of your time will be at the medical school, but don't forget that you also have to be comfortable with the area out side of medical school, as you would be living in it for the next 4+ years.

Reactions: 3 users
For those with IIs and are curious about the school, I also interviewed there a few days ago. I actually grew up in and around the area so I was already familiar with the area and the medical school. As someone else already said, the interview day went by really well and I really enjoyed it! The MMI process was exciting and a great opportunity to express yourself in many different ways. The facilities are all new, curriculum looks amazing, and the administrators and faculty really helped to make my day wonderful. I had meaningful conversations with everybody where I could see and hear how much they enjoyed WFSOM. All in all, I got a really wonderful look at the school from a student's, administrative, and faculty perspective which helps to round out your impression of the school.

I do know that a couple of concerns and questions had that my fellow interviewees had was about the surrounding area and what there was to do outside of medical school. The med school is located in downtown Winston-Salem, which I believe is the perfect balance between a "big city" and a "quiet home". There are things to do within walking distance for food and entertainment, but it's also not so big that you risk missing out on a lot of things if you had to choose. It has a very comfortable "homey" feeling yet it is clearly an up-and-coming city with lots of development happening. Although it is one of the main hubs in the area, you still are pretty much required to have a car to travel around. But because NC is a relatively small state, you're only a few hours drive west to the mountains and a few hours drive east to the coast, so everything is relatively accessible if you wanted to go on like a weekend trip or even a day trip to hike! Although I moved away a couple of years ago, I was met with a completely different feel coming back of growth and innovation.

So if you do have an II or are still researching the school, I highly recommend also researching the surrounding area and the city of Winston-Salem. Sure, a majority of your time will be at the medical school, but don't forget that you also have to be comfortable with the area out side of medical school, as you would be living in it for the next 4+ years.
Sounds amazing. Please love me Wake...

Secondary submitted: 8/4
Complete by school: 9/15 (LOR problems)
II: 9/21!! :biglove:

Interviewing in a little over three weeks! This was my first II, and it's my top choice school, so I'm ridiculously excited. I'm hoping the fact that it only took six days from getting the complete email to getting the II email is a good sign. :)

Reactions: 12 users
Guys guys guys!!! I got an II invite today!! That snarky comment must have brought me good luck, haha.

Submitted 8/6, confirmation of materials on 8/15. I was given the options of most Mondays in October.

Reactions: 3 users