2017-2018 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A lot of them have a different character count than word so if you had 500 characters on word it may have been 530 on the secondary and could be cut off if you didn't check/reread.
Oh I am definitely aware of that. I am just worried that my formatting for every single one of my secondaries is going to be screwed up because I copied and pasted from word like an idiot.

Members don't see this ad.

This is a direct quote from the e-mail containing the information to login to the secondary. It's near the bottom.

"There is a formatting issue with copying and pasting essays from other programs. If you see upside down question marks in your essays after you have saved or submitted your application, we are aware of the issue and it will not go against your application in any way".
Oh I see that now. They still said pretty clearly in the email to not copy and paste. Im pretty worried that they are going to view that negatively since I didn't really read directions. My fault not theirs.

how many secondaires did you copy and paste from word? did you read the directions lol, most say not to copy from word but to copy from a plain text editor like notepad or text wragnler
Ive only seen that on UMD's and Wake Forests. UMDs still looks fine when I look at it. Is it going to be screwed up on their end?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh I am definitely aware of that. I am just worried that my formatting for every single one of my secondaries is going to be screwed up because I copied and pasted from word like an idiot.

Did you apply to a lot of schools that have that same system where the website is like AMP something and they all have the same format etc? Common schools like Georgetown tufts etc use it. If you copied into that that doesn't format it differently so you should be good

Ive only seen that on UMD's and Wake Forests. UMDs still looks fine when I look at it. Is it going to be screwed up on their end?

Take a breather, it's gonna be okay ;) I copy pasted from word on everything (excluding Wake cause I did it on another computer) and have had no issues, and they are almost guaranteed to see it the same way you do since they see it on the same website. And if you're denied anything, I highly doubt it would be from clear formatting errors because the secondary websites are wack (especially since they tell you not to worry about it).

Reactions: 1 user
Did you apply to a lot of schools that have that same system where the website is like AMP something and they all have the same format etc? Common schools like Georgetown tufts etc use it. If you copied into that that doesn't format it differently so you should be good
Yes. Im going through all of my secondaries now and the only one I see a problem with so far is Wake Forest. Everyone is saying that every app they had had a warning not to copy and paste but I have only seen that warning for two schools. What is copying and pasting supposed to do to the format? It looks fine on my end but does it mess something up on theirs?

Take a breather, it's gonna be okay ;) I copy pasted from word on everything (excluding Wake cause I did it on another computer) and have had no issues, and they are almost guaranteed to see it the same way you do since they see it on the same website. And if you're denied anything, I highly doubt it would be from clear formatting errors because the secondary websites are wack (especially since they tell you not to worry about it).
Thanks. You calmed me down a bit haha

So I just submitted my secondary and I now noticed that all my apostrophes become questions marks!!!! So now instead of it saying patient's is says patient?s and instead of it saying "traditional" it says ?traditional?. Did this happen to anyone else?! I just copied and pasted it over from Word and I didn't notice anything before submitting.

Read the previous posts

So I just submitted my secondary and I now noticed that all my apostrophes become questions marks!!!! So now instead of it saying patient's is says patient?s and instead of it saying "traditional" it says ?traditional?. Did this happen to anyone else?! I just copied and pasted it over from Word and I didn't notice anything before submitting.
this topic was discussed earlier in the thread!

maybe pathdoc could answer this, but how are SMP's viewed at Wake ? do they have the same chance as anyone else if their stats are good ?

About 10% of the class has a Master's degree, so if you did well in the program it is OK.
How many interviews did Wake Forest send out already? How many slots left?

How many interviews did Wake Forest send out already? How many slots left?
I don't think info like this is available, but based on the lack of II activity on this thread compared to others I would say they haven't given out a ton.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think info like this is available, but based on the lack of II activity on this thread compared to others I would say they haven't given out a ton.
I have a feeling with Irma there will be an extended silence until they figure out how that goes.

For people that attended the interview today, any chance I could ask for your thoughts and opinions?

For people that attended the interview today, any chance I could ask for your thoughts and opinions?

It was awesome. Not only is the staff incredibly nice and helpful but all the interviewees were social and overall fun people to be around. I hadn't felt that vibe at the other schools I've interviewed at.

As for the MMI, we signed a document that can't divulge specifics but it's not as bad as it seems. Really the hardest part is talking for the entire session. They seem to be pretty understanding that we're under pressure to talk so keep that in mind.

Reactions: 3 users
It was awesome. Not only is the staff incredibly nice and helpful but all the interviewees were social and overall fun people to be around. I hadn't felt that vibe at the other schools I've interviewed at.

As for the MMI, we signed a document that can't divulge specifics but it's not as bad as it seems. Really the hardest part is talking for the entire session. They seem to be pretty understanding that we're under pressure to talk so keep that in mind.
Seconded. Awesome school, really nice staff, and a great lunch. Winston-Salem is super unique as well, I really like this school from everything I have seen and I am impressed. The students are very nice and the school looks like a tech-startup it is so modern. 10/10 would go there.

Wtf I didn't realize someone there liked A$AP!?

Reactions: 2 users

Thanks so much! I completely understand regarding the MMIs, but are you able to talk more about the format? On their website, they mention it's a hybrid between an MMI/Traditional interview so I was a bit confused as to what they meant like that.

If you don't mind, is it possible I could see a copy of the schedule? Just so I know how the day's plan goes? I interview next week but haven't received any schedules or further information other than the initial confirmation.

Seconded. Awesome school, really nice staff, and a great lunch. Winston-Salem is super unique as well, I really like this school from everything I have seen and I am impressed. The students are very nice and the school looks like a tech-startup it is so modern. 10/10 would go there.

Hey! Thanks so much for your input too! I'm actually from the Winston-Salem area, but I moved away a few years back, so I would absolutely love the opportunity to go back. I grew up around Wake Forest, back when their campus wasn't in downtown and instead at the medical center a few blocks down the road.

Does anyone else have a status that says "You will be receiving notification of your application status by e-mail"?

I tried to check last years thread but didn't find anything. In the past, my status just said that my application was complete and under review. Wondering if this means "wait a little bit because we send a lot of rejections all at once" haha.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone else have a status that says "You will be receiving notification of your application status by e-mail"?

I tried to check last years thread but didn't find anything. In the past, my status just said that my application was complete and under review. Wondering if this means "wait a little bit because we send a lot of rejections all at once" haha.
if you look earlier in this thread (page 5 i think) people had that then got an interview, so good luck!1

I have that too

if you look earlier in this thread (page 5 i think) people had that then got an interview, so good luck!1

Thanks! Do you have this as well? I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I'm sure it just means a decision has been made. Praying for an interview tho!

I had the "under review" status for a solid 3 days and then it changed to "you will receive notification by email". This was also over 3 weeks ago so that plus how short I was under review, I'm 99.99% sure I'm getting rejected haha

I had the "under review" status for a solid 3 days and then it changed to "you will receive notification by email". This was also over 3 weeks ago so that plus how short I was under review, I'm 99.99% sure I'm getting rejected haha

ya never know tho. 3 days is enough time for someone to decide they like your application enough to invite you to interview. Best of luck!

ya never know tho. 3 days is enough time for someone to decide they like your application enough to invite you to interview. Best of luck!

I hope so, Wake Forest is such an amazing school. I'm not holding my breath, though haha

I dont even know when I got that status LOL you guys check portals every day!!

Ugh, I feel like this is a dumb question, but where are you guys seeing these statuses? All I can see when I log in is this, "This is a summary of the information you entered on your Secondary Application. If you wish to amend this information, contact the Medical School Admissions office."

Ugh, I feel like this is a dumb question, but where are you guys seeing these statuses? All I can see when I log in is this, "This is a summary of the information you entered on your Secondary Application. If you wish to amend this information, contact the Medical School Admissions office."
The email where they sent you link for secondary has another link to check application status and you log in that link to check your status.

You're awesome, thank you! I didn't think to check my emails that far back, lol.

No it is not. There are currently 1500 applications in the queue for the committee to review. Even if you get picked for an interview today you might not get invited until January or later.

Reactions: 4 users

Our first MMI went as well as we could have hoped. We will be tweaking this and that. Thanks for being our guinea pigs!

Our first MMI went as well as we could have hoped. We will be tweaking this and that. Thanks for being our guinea pigs!

Hi! I know you're not able to discuss about the MMI, but I wanted to ask if I should be receiving a schedule or anything? Interviewing 9/18.

No it is not. There are currently 1500 applications in the queue for the committee to review. Even if you get picked for an interview today you might not get invited until January or later.
So are you saying that even though a decision may have been made about our application, we may not find out what that decision is until after January? Or are you saying that we would receive the invite earlier (if we receive one at all) and the first available interview date would be January or later? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if there's one thing I've learned from this application cycle, it is to never assume anything.

So are you saying that even though a decision may have been made about our application, we may not find out what that decision is until after January? Or are you saying that we would receive the invite earlier (if we receive one at all) and the first available interview date would be January or later? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if there's one thing I've learned from this application cycle, it is to never assume anything.
The first. We review and then re-review throughout the year.

Hi! I know you're not able to discuss about the MMI, but I wanted to ask if I should be receiving a schedule or anything? Interviewing 9/18.

We all got schedules when we arrived for the interview

It was a pretty typical interview schedule, we were divided into 2 groups of 10 people. My group interviewed first (which was great) and the MMIs lasted for about an hour and a half. While we were doing that the other group was getting a tour and presentation. Then we switched and all had lunch together at the end. It was super laid back and really nothing to stress about at all. Everyone was really nice, and I personally liked the MMI format a lot. Overall great experience :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Awh geez.

Reactions: 1 users
II
3.8/511/OOS/ORM

Good luck dudes and dudettes

Reactions: 5 users
Rejected. IS. This one hurts a little, but I wish you all the very best of luck!

Received rejection today. Completed 8/1

507/3.6/OS

First rejection from here! Complete 8/15. A little bummed :(. Good luck y'all!

Rejected today.

OOS 512/3.3 uGrad/3.9 Grad (Lizzy M ~ 68)