2017-2018 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received a reminder email from Wake forest to complete the secondary.....even though they never sent me the secondary -_-...and of course the reminder email doesn't even contain my login credentials.
If you got this e-mail, then either the initial e-mail was blocked by your school/ e-mail provider or sent to your spam folder. This is why we send reminders. As per the e-mail you received:

If you did not receive your secondary application email, check your junk mail. Some applicants using a school email address will reject the email when sending to multiple recipients at the same school. If you need the link sent again, please respond to this email with the request and include your full name and AMCAS ID number and we will resend the information.

This is a mass e-mail to those we have not received the secondary, thus no login information.

Members don't see this ad.

If you got this e-mail, then either the initial e-mail was blocked by your school/ e-mail provider or sent to your spam folder. This is why we send reminders. As per the e-mail you received:

If you did not receive your secondary application email, check your junk mail. Some applicants using a school email address will reject the email when sending to multiple recipients at the same school. If you need the link sent again, please respond to this email with the request and include your full name and AMCAS ID number and we will resend the information.

This is a mass e-mail to those we have not received the secondary, thus no login information.

I see, thank you for the information. I used this same email in past application cycles and never had an issue with Wake Forest emails before. I also couldn't find the email in any spam folders. Anyway, it doesn't matter now. I got my log in info from them and will look to finish the application asap.

Members don't see this ad :)
Meaning your personal application return time or late AF in general? It doesn't seem to me that it's "late AF" in general

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Return time. I've been sitting on my Wake Forest app since 7/17

Has there app status page not been working for anyone else? Or is this a new psychological rejection tactic?

Has there app status page not been working for anyone else? Or is this a new psychological rejection tactic?

You might need to try it a few times or use a different browser. It tends to work every other time when I use Chrome.

Wake Forest's secondary was not available outside the U.S., so i couldn't complete it until I got back to the US last week. My turnaround time ended up being ~5 weeks. will they interpret this as disinterest? I need to send an update anyway, so i was wondering if I should throw in a brief explanation and statement of interest

Wake Forest's secondary was not available outside the U.S., so i couldn't complete it until I got back to the US last week. My turnaround time ended up being ~5 weeks. will they interpret this as disinterest? I need to send an update anyway, so i was wondering if I should throw in a brief explanation and statement of interest
Learn 2 VPN son.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
No and no.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No F_receptor, I don't want your 120$.

-pathdoc

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Lol. I'd hope since its anonymous they'd be able to give me a more honest answer! Besides what's 120$ in the annual med school budget? :rofl:

Hey, this may seem like a dumb question, but I just recently logged on and looked at my secondary application. However, when I was reading it, every single apostrophe is now a question mark. So my essay looks pretty bad since there are question marks thrown in the middle of sentences. Has this happened to anyone else, and will the school understand a formatting error occurred, or just blame me for writing question mark riddled essays :(

Hey, this may seem like a dumb question, but I just recently logged on and looked at my secondary application. However, when I was reading it, every single apostrophe is now a question mark. So my essay looks pretty bad since there are question marks thrown in the middle of sentences. Has this happened to anyone else, and will the school understand a formatting error occurred, or just blame me for writing question mark riddled essays :(
I don't remember where this was posted, but I remember seeing some announcement by the school saying that "they were aware of this technical problem in the system and it would not negatively affect you"

I don't remember where this was posted, but I remember seeing some announcement by the school saying that "they were aware of this technical problem in the system and it would not negatively affect you"
Found it, it was in the original email with the secondary app info

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 5.44.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 5.44.35 PM.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 82
Every school that uses this people soft system (Ohio state, wake, umass) has the same problem in all of the secondaries. Ohio state said to be aware of it before you submit and of course I fixed it but it somehow went back to the question marks. Hopefully each school doesn't care but idk why that software system has that problem

Every school that uses this people soft system (Ohio state, wake, umass) has the same problem in all of the secondaries. Ohio state said to be aware of it before you submit and of course I fixed it but it somehow went back to the question marks. Hopefully each school doesn't care but idk why that software system has that problem
Its a specific problem with some kinds of old software. They don't handle certain characters well.

Does anyone know if WF has a systems based curriculum?

Hi all, I am just finishing up my secondary and I'm wondering how to answer the question about connections to wake forest. I have visited north carolina for vacation and thats it. I don't feel it is useful for admissions to know this but I don't want to leave it blank. Should I just leave it blank or cook something up?

Hi all, I am just finishing up my secondary and I'm wondering how to answer the question about connections to wake forest. I have visited north carolina for vacation and thats it. I don't feel it is useful for admissions to know this but I don't want to leave it blank. Should I just leave it blank or cook something up?

I just said I have no connections, but am familiar with the work they do within the community.

I have been so stuck on this creativity question. Does anyone have any advice for it?

I have been so stuck on this creativity question. Does anyone have any advice for it?
Mentally Replace creativity with "innovation" and think of a situation in which you innovated in some way (research, volunteering, etc.). Did you think of an innovative way to volunteer? Did you use art/crafts/visual aids for anything? Did you fix a stupid problem in research or at work? Write the essay then re-replace innovation with creativitity. I think both terms display a quality of open-minded inquiry that WFSOM values, it is a really awesome school.

I got an interview next weekend for what it is worth. Unless Wake Forest is playing an elaborate prank on me, I would say this adds credibility to my method haha!

Reactions: 2 users
Mentally Replace creativity with "innovation" and think of a situation in which you innovated in some way (research, volunteering, etc.). Did you think of an innovative way to volunteer? Did you use art/crafts/visual aids for anything? Did you fix a stupid problem in research or at work? Write the essay then re-replace innovation with creativitity. I think both terms display a quality of open-minded inquiry that WFSOM values, it is a really awesome school.

I got an interview next weekend for what it is worth. Unless Wake Forest is playing an elaborate prank on me, I would say this adds credibility to my method haha!

Well just today in lab, a mishap happened during an experiment and I was able to find a way around it. I wonder if I can expand on that... And congrats on the interview!

Last edited:
Well just today in lab, a mishap happened during an experiment and I was able to find a way around it. I wonder if I can expand on that... And congrats on the interview!
Yeah that is kinda what I wrote about. I am sure you have a lot more than you realize (yet) haha.

Yes, it is more than painting, creative writing, dance, etc...

Yes, it is more than painting, creative writing, dance, etc...

Do they take all essays into account? My problem was that all of my other essays discussed ways I had used creativity and innovation in various circumstances. So I went with a more traditional form of creativity in the essay asking specifically about creativity.

I really appreciated that question as it showed that Wake Forest appreciates creativity and values that in its students.

Do they take all essays into account? My problem was that all of my other essays discussed ways I had used creativity and innovation in various circumstances. So I went with a more traditional form of creativity in the essay asking specifically about creativity.

I really appreciated that question as it showed that Wake Forest appreciates creativity and values that in its students.
Yes, we take all the essays into account. If you answer the question, then you should be OK. However... you don't want to come across as unidimensional.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
right, but I applied to 9 others on the same day and received all of their secondaries within 2 days so I was just making sure it was normal

right, but I applied to 9 others on the same day and received all of their secondaries within 2 days so I was just making sure it was normal

I think Wake Forest sends them in batches, but that's just the sense I got from reading when people received them. If you don't hear from them within two weeks, then you might want to email.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if Wake Forest automatically considers you for its MD program if you apply to the joint degree program and don't get in?

Does anyone know if Wake Forest automatically considers you for its MD program if you apply to the joint degree program and don't get in?
If you interview for MD/PhD you get the MD acceptance then it is up to grad school to accept you into the PhD program. If you don't get the PhD funding, you still have the MD acceptance.

I am scheduled to interview on 9/11. While it does not look like NC will be hit too hard, and Wake Forest is fairly inland, What happens if hurricane Irma cancels flights? Has anyone experienced weather related Medical School interview cancellations?

I am scheduled to interview on 9/11. While it does not look like NC will be hit too hard, and Wake Forest is fairly inland, What happens if hurricane Irma cancels flights? Has anyone experienced weather related Medical School interview cancellations?
It happens at least once a year when it snows . We will reschedule you at a later date.

So I just submitted my secondary and I now noticed that all my apostrophes become questions marks!!!! So now instead of it saying patient's is says patient?s and instead of it saying "traditional" it says ?traditional?. Did this happen to anyone else?! I just copied and pasted it over from Word and I didn't notice anything before submitting.

So I just submitted my secondary and I now noticed that all my apostrophes become questions marks!!!! So now instead of it saying patient's is says patient?s and instead of it saying "traditional" it says ?traditional?. Did this happen to anyone else?! I just copied and pasted it over from Word and I didn't notice anything before submitting.
how many secondaires did you copy and paste from word? did you read the directions lol, most say not to copy from word but to copy from a plain text editor like notepad or text wragnler

It's a known issue and they put it right in their communication to you it is a known issue, and that it will not have any impact on your application.
You'd think people applying to med school would read all their correspondence...

Ugh I am getting burned out with all of these secondaries. I accidentally didn't answer the optional essay that says what I have been doing between graduation
how many secondaires did you copy and paste from word? did you read the directions lol, most say not to copy from word but to copy from a plain text editor like notepad or text wragnler
Are you serious? Almost all of them...

It's a known issue and they put it right in their communication to you it is a known issue, and that it will not have any impact on your application.
You'd think people applying to med school would read all their correspondence...
Where do you see that it won't impact my application?

A lot of them have a different character count than word so if you had 500 characters on word it may have been 530 on the secondary and could be cut off if you didn't check/reread.

This is a direct quote from the e-mail containing the information to login to the secondary. It's near the bottom.

"There is a formatting issue with copying and pasting essays from other programs. If you see upside down question marks in your essays after you have saved or submitted your application, we are aware of the issue and it will not go against your application in any way".