2017-2018 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine said something along the lines of "your file is under review and if granted an interview you will be notified by email"
oh :/

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Did you get the email? I really wanted to submit earlier, but I also didn't want a bad grade in m

Dang, is that how long it's taking? I'm dying to know when I'll be complete. I guess turning it in at the beginning of this week does not bode well.

With >7300 applications received so far, things take a while...

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
With >7300 applications received so far, things take a while...

I finally got the link to work to check my stats (Firefox isn't working on my computer and safari is slow). Just knowing I can actually check my status is helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi Everyone!

I'm sorry for the spammy post in all the school specific threads :( - but I wanted to plug my interview invite tracker! If you haven't seen it, I'm compiling data on the current application cycle to reproduce planeblue's exercise (Planeblue's Interview Invite Tracker)

and get some info on GPA/MCAT, IS/OOS, and URM/ORM for those receiving invites. Maybe we can use it to help future applicants build better school lists!

If you'd like to add info on your interview invite to Wake and any others and haven't already, fill out the Google Form here - 2017/18 MD Interview Invite Tracker

If you have already - a tremendous thanks to you!

Also, for those who haven't received an II yet - hang in there! It is still incredibly early and there are plenty more invites coming our way!

For the challenges essay, did you write about one challenge in particular or talk about a few? Something about the question wording is making me overthink it lmao

For the challenges essay, did you write about one challenge in particular or talk about a few? Something about the question wording is making me overthink it lmao

I talked about one challenge how I lost 70lbs in 6 months but it was a lot to write about so I didn't have to do a few challenges...I would probably try to find one substantial one where you can write about just one tho

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck to those with interviews thus far :)

Has anyone's application status changed since they submitted a secondary? Mine changed to "You will be receiving notification of your application status by e-mail."

Has anyone's application status changed since they submitted a secondary? Mine changed to "You will be receiving notification of your application status by e-mail."

I have this

Your application is complete and will be reviewed continuously throughout the interview season. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have that too now. This feels like a bad sign.

it probably just means they finished reviewing your app and you'll either get interview or rejected

I really need to submit my secondary for this school if ppl are already getting IIs omg :rofl:

Got the complete email today! Submitted last Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the complete email today! Submitted last Tuesday

+1
Did you kind of freak out like I did? I had already verified I was complete yesterday, so I wasn't expecting an email!

what does +1 mean? assuming it means II?
it just means "the same" as the person they are replying too; so it could mean anything

if I said "+1" in response to a rejection, that means I got a rejection as well

Nah - we all are now officially being reviewed. The email gives everyone a freak out moment as we thought it might be more.
lol, I think he was referring to when people post "+1" on the SDN

Does anyone know when will WF send out the interview invites?

For everyone that has gotten an II so far, could you share your stats and if your IS or OOS??

When were you verified? According to msar, everyone who applies here gets a secondary. You could call the admissions office and ask if there was a delay in getting you your app.
I was verified on June 15. Didn't send my primary to them right away, but I added them to my AMCAS about 2-3 weeks ago. I thought there was a consensus that they were sending them out in batches, so I've just been waiting patiently. I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Finally submitted my secondary! A little over 3 weeks after receipt, hope they don't look negatively on that :arghh:

Congrats to everyone with IIs!

I was verified on June 15. Didn't send my primary to them right away, but I added them to my AMCAS about 2-3 weeks ago. I thought there was a consensus that they were sending them out in batches, so I've just been waiting patiently. I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow.

After you call can you let us know what they say @raffalaffi? I added them to my AMCAS about a week ago and haven't received a secondary either. All my other secondaries came in within 3 days of getting verified in mid-July.

After you call can you let us know what they say @raffalaffi? I added them to my AMCAS about a week ago and haven't received a secondary either. All my other secondaries came in within 3 days of getting verified in mid-July.
I called them. They didn't ask my specific information or anything, but just told me the same thing everyone else has been saying: It's sent out in batches and that I should be receiving it relatively soon.

Just received a reminder email from Wake forest to complete the secondary.....even though they never sent me the secondary -_-...and of course the reminder email doesn't even contain my login credentials.