2017-2018 Vanderbilt University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
and also I am above the "auto-screen" stats you paranoid peeps made up, and have received nothing soooo

maybe cause my undergrad isn't exactly an Ivy school lol TBD

Members don't see this ad.

and also I am above the "auto-screen" stats you paranoid peeps made up, and have received nothing soooo

maybe cause my undergrad isn't exactly an Ivy school lol TBD
Maybe this year, they screened everybody out.

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The entire admissions committee is probably enjoying the last week of vacation/sanity.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Got Vandy secondary this AM! filled out and submitted. Fingers crossed. This school is a dream.

Reactions: 5 users
Got it! Submitted. F****** awesome. Its happening.

Reactions: 1 user
Got Vandy secondary this AM! filled out and submitted. Fingers crossed. This school is a dream.

That is awesome!! Were you above the rumored stats (3.8/520+), or were you selected through the second screening process?

is it still the autobiography?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Can anyone who has received the secondary share the prompts?

Any idea if all the automatic secondaries went out at once? Aka if we didn't get one this morning, is there still a chance to get an automatic one?

Any idea if all the automatic secondaries went out at once? Aka if we didn't get one this morning, is there still a chance to get an automatic one?

If there is indeed an automatic screen, they haven't all gone out yet because I have a 3.9 and 523 and haven't gotten anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just called their admission office. No secondary is out yet. They are hoping to send out in next week or so......

Reactions: 3 users
Just called their admission office. No secondary is out yet. They are hoping to send out in next week or so......
It seems we have some trolls about, then.

EDIT: I must point out that cuttlefish_deluxe91, one of the individuals who claimed that vandy sent out secondaries, has been seen inciting dissonance in a number of other school specific threads (eg. replying that he has a 4.0 528 to another poster).

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
In case anyone is curios, the reason for the delay is that they are apparently having technical issues with AMCAS and have not yet received any applications.

lol have they actually received no applications? how is that even possible? And wouldn't you think other schools would be having problems too..?

lol have they actually received no applications? how is that even possible? And wouldn't you think other schools would be having problems too..?

They're having technical issues, as per an admissions representative at a recent professional school fair.

Just got an e-mail saying they've begun reviewing applications.

Just got a "we received your application email" which I assumed to be a "here's your secondary email". It wasn't. Was not ready for that emotional rollercoaster.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got a "we received your application email" which I assumed to be a "here's your secondary email". It wasn't. Was not ready for that emotional rollercoaster.
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Same lol

Same here for the MSTP email. The link sent me to the log in page but without an option to create the username and password. Is this the same issue most of you are experiencing?

Same here for the MSTP email. The link sent me to the log in page but without an option to create the username and password. Is this the same issue most of you are experiencing?
Yeppo

At least we're not paying extra for the secondary. Already shelled out over 1k

Reactions: 1 users
Secondary is up!! Vandy sent me an email with a corrected link.

MSTP prompts (unsure if they're different from MD) @gyngyn

Write a brief autobiography. As completely and precisely as possible, give a picture of yourself, your family, and events you consider important to you. In doing so, identify the values that are of greatest importance to you. If you have completed your undergraduate education, please comment on what you have done or have been doing since graduation. (1200 words)

Please discuss a challenging situation or obstacle you have faced in the past. Why was it challenging? How did you handle it? Knowing what you know now, would you do anything differently? What did you learn? (500 words)

Still dumbfounded I passed the screen. Good luck sdn famalam

Reactions: 3 users
@DBC03 I see you in the threads for most every school I'm applying to. I got my eye on you

Reactions: 2 users
I also just got the secondary-- 3.91 and 516 so maybe they've lowered the MCAT screen

Does anyone know if they also screen MSTP applicants? I'm wondering if they just sent secondaries to everyone...?

Never got this email. Does anyone think this means something?
I didn't get one either. It seems like they've been having a lot of technical problems on their end, so I'm not worrying about it just yet.

stats from last year. good luck everyone!

20228944_10154474224816991_5565323336613419934_n.png

Reactions: 2 users
am I the only one with an aversion to this autobiography