2017-2018 UNTHSC Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not many. My interview day only had about 15-20 people and check in times are staggered.

Thanks so much! Wow that's nice that it's not that many people! I was imagining a lot more people there but it's good it's small so it's not overwhelming.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still haven't received any email or call back about the interview. Called and emailed again today. Is there a certain time of day they send out these calls/emails?

Still haven't received any email or call back about the interview. Called and emailed again today. Is there a certain time of day they send out these calls/emails?

Just give them a little time! They just got back from Labor Day weekend! They are probably a little busy. They will for sure call you back this week.

Got a call from Caroline today!! Missed call due to work but I know it's an II!!! (My first and probably only invite, but still yay!)

Reactions: 1 user
Got a call from Caroline today!! Missed call due to work but I know it's an II!!! (My first and probably only invite, but still yay!)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! And have hope! You'll get more!!

Congrats! Stats and when you were complete?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Thank you!! I submitted my primary late June, secondary mid July, and regarding stats... yeah... not too impressive. GPA 3.8 and mcat 506 (127/123/128/128). Gonna use the excuse English is not my first language :') Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! You got a II, so kill it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!! I submitted my primary late June, secondary mid July, and regarding stats... yeah... not too impressive. GPA 3.8 and mcat 506 (127/123/128/128). Gonna use the excuse English is not my first language :') Hope that helps!

Haha I will be using that excuse as well!

Just got my II call 9/5. I was complete 8/31, so faster than I expected!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Wonder where my application got lost, or maybe I am on hold. I have been complete since June and still no II. OOS though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Wonder where my application got lost, or maybe I am on hold. I have been complete since June and still no II. OOS though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

It's not lost! They don't necessarily go in order!

I just interviewed here. I was very, very impressed with the school.

It would be an honor to have the opportunity to go here.

Reactions: 5 users

Same. It was a very nice school! Hope your MMI's today went well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How was the overall stress of the interview?

Same! I would love to go here. Amazing school. Glad you had a great interview day!!!!

How was the overall stress of the interview?

The MMIs range. Some of them were pretty easy. Some of them were deliberately stressful, where it was clear the interviewer argued with you for the hell of it.

I will say that their interviewers are very well-trained. Walked in - super cheery, very happy to welcome me and introduce themselves. "So, you've read the question..." - stone-faced and ready to refute every single thing you say.

Do they only give calls to announce your II? I've been having phone problems lately and I'm about to get a new one. Would I be able to get an email or an update on the portal if they give me a II these next few weeks while I transition to the new phone?

Do they only give calls to announce your II? I've been having phone problems lately and I'm about to get a new one. Would I be able to get an email or an update on the portal if they give me a II these next few weeks while I transition to the new phone?

It'll be on the portal. I received an interview last week but haven't got a call back to schedule it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! They usually call you soon after your portal is updated! I would keep an eye out in your portal and if you see a status change, call them.

Last edited:
Hey! They usually call you soon after your portal is updated! I would keep an eye out in your portal and if you see a status change, call them.

Thanks! I'm assuming that the "Application Status" will have some big, noticeable update on it? Will we get a task on our "To-Do" list too?

Thanks! I'm assuming that the "Application Status" will have some big, noticeable update on it? Will we get a task on our "To-Do" list too?

Just login to your portal and click on "applicant status". If you're invited for an interview it will say "you have been invited for an interview". It will say "your application has been received" until thy change it to interview. I was checking mine like everyday so I knew a day before I got the call lol. Good luck friend

Interviewed here today!!! MMI was a lot less stressful than I thought it would be! :)

Reactions: 4 users
I submitted in May with my first MCAT score, and had my second score sent in July. Still haven't heard back from any Texas schools...TCOM is my first choice so sort of stressed out haha

I submitted in May with my first MCAT score, and had my second score sent in July. Still haven't heard back from any Texas schools...TCOM is my first choice so sort of stressed out haha

Don't worry! There hasn't been any recent II reported so they seem to be reviewing files.

Anyone interviewing on the 3rd?

I just got an II by phone!! This is my first II!!!! 10/03. LizzyM ~71, complete early august

Last edited:
I just got an II by phone!! This is my first II!!!!

LizzyM ~71, primary transmitted 07/21, secondary complete 08/03. I was offered the date 10/03

Congrats! I'll be interviewing at that date as well :)

I found out about this thread like super late, but good luck to everyone else at their interviews!!!
This is my first MMI, and I'm terrified tbh but I've heard that they're not too bad after the first one.

Does anyone know if the MMIs will be all scenario-based, or will there be like normal med. interview questions (i.e. Why do you want to be a doctor? Tell me about yourself? ect.)?

I applied to TCOM through the Early Decision Program. I was verified July 10, interviewed September 1, and was notified yesterday that I was accepted to TCOM (and my portal was updated as well)! I look forward to seeing who else becomes part of the class of 2022! And since I know everyone is going to ask for stats I'll just post them now haha. Cumulative GPA 3.76/bcpm GPA 3.8 and MCAT 501

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I applied to TCOM through the Early Decision Program. I was verified July 10, interviewed September 1, and was notified yesterday that I was accepted to TCOM (and my portal was updated as well)! I look forward to seeing who else becomes part of the class of 2022! And since I know everyone is going to ask for stats I'll just post them now haha. Overall GPA 3.76/bcpm GPA 3.8 and MCAT 501

Wow!!! Big CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well earned so now go celebrate your achievement! A lot of us are hoping to join you on the other side!!!

GO CELEBRATE!!!!!!!

Wow!!! Big CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well earned so now go celebrate your achievement! A lot of us are hoping to join you on the other side!!!

GO CELEBRATE!!!!!!!

Thank you! I will definitely be celebrating and enjoying the comfort of knowing I am in! ‍⚕️

GO CELEBRATE!!!!!!!

And best wishes to you and everyone else!

Logistical Questions: 1. Do they offer student housing the night before interviews? 2. Do they give you breakfast/lunch the day of? Gotta prep my snacks appropriately!

Logistical Questions: 1. Do they offer student housing the night before interviews? 2. Do they give you breakfast/lunch the day of? Gotta prep my snacks appropriately!
Not sure about student housing but you do get breakfast and lunch!

Hi hayisferhorses. Did you prepare for your interview and do you recommend that we do? Thank you and congrats!
I prepared for it by looking up sample MMI questions on google. I think it helped me personally.

I applied to TCOM through the Early Decision Program. I was verified July 10, interviewed September 1, and was notified yesterday that I was accepted to TCOM (and my portal was updated as well)! I look forward to seeing who else becomes part of the class of 2022! And since I know everyone is going to ask for stats I'll just post them now haha. Cumulative GPA 3.76/bcpm GPA 3.8 and MCAT 501

Wow congratulations!!!!!! This is so exciting!!!!