2017-2018 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did yall approach #1 with a "Why DO and back it up with examples/experiences?" or more literally like how did it prepare you for osteopathic school? I think it's more like why DO but am questioning myself now. Maybe I am reading too deep.

Members don't see this ad.

INTERVIEW!!!!!! Couldn't be happier!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II!

Can any current students speak to their experiences so far? I have an acceptance so I'm trying to be a little more selective and save money with travel. But I don't want to pass up a chance to see new faces and see what else is out there!

II!

Can any current students speak to their experiences so far? I have an acceptance so I'm trying to be a little more selective and save money with travel. But I don't want to pass up a chance to see new faces and see what else is out there!

II as well! And I feel you, man. My bank acct is starting to feel it.

Reactions: 1 user
II! First one of the cycle! Sept 9! Coming from Raleigh NC

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats on the IIs!! It's good to see that things are moving :)

Anyone know how big their class is this year?

II yesterday as well! 9/9 scheduled good luck all

Members don't see this ad :)
For all those getting II's, congrats!

When did you guys get the application complete email?

Got an II on 8/11. Scheduled for 9/8 :)

Current student of the school here (we started Monday). I'll answer any questions related to curriculum/schedule etc. as best I can. My biggest concern originally was the unknowns of a new school especially, but now we do have a schedule, handbook and a plan that I can draw from for you guys.

I have a question! I have an interview scheduled for the end of September. In the instructions they mention, 'you may be required to read various passages and/or provide a writing sample so please bring reading glasses if needed'. Can you provide any insight to this? Are we going to have to write yet another essay during the interview?? Thanks!

Pre-secondary rejection this morning! Am above a 3.0 in both GPAs. 509 MCAT. Surprised, but glad they actually got back to me! Submitted mid July.

Pre-secondary rejection this morning! Am above a 3.0 in both GPAs. 509 MCAT. Surprised, but glad they actually got back to me! Submitted mid July.
Are you far outside of Texas? I just submitted my primary earlier this week.

Are you far outside of Texas? I just submitted my primary earlier this week.

Very far from Texas!

I would guess they would view you slightly more favorably with Florida residency.

Does anyone have any insight on how the admissions committee works at UIW?

I submitted my secondary within a week of receiving it (June 30th) and some who have submitted it after have already received a rejection or II...

I have a question! I have an interview scheduled for the end of September. In the instructions they mention, 'you may be required to read various passages and/or provide a writing sample so please bring reading glasses if needed'. Can you provide any insight to this? Are we going to have to write yet another essay during the interview?? Thanks!

So yeah, first we are not allowed to speak to the specifics of the actual interview process (the MMI - signed a non-disclosure). I don't know anything specific either about upcoming interview days either. Do not sweat it though. There was not anything at any of our MMI stations that was unreasonable for the time allotted.

250 words is so light. How did everyone structure their essays, one paragraph or intro body conclusion ?

I had to reschedule my interview here for late nov. Hope to meet some of you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to reschedule my interview here for late nov. Hope to meet some of you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How hard was it to reschedule? I have to due to the hurricane

Good luck to the first interviewees this weekend!

Rejected pre-secondary yesterday. Glad they didn't milk me for my secondary fee. Good luck to the rest of you guys!

Interviewing 9/23. Anyone else? Ladies are you bringing a small purse? I want to take notes...

Met some impressive applicants this weekend. Almost everyone loves the MMI once it starts. Don't stress too much.

Last edited:
Just finished my secondary. Anyone know there turn about rate?

Hello fellow hopefuls! How long after the submission of your secondary and letters posting did you get a response? Particularly for II or any post-secondary rejections before a II?

Hello fellow hopefuls! How long after the submission of your secondary and letters posting did you get a response? Particularly for II or any post-secondary rejections before a II?
Submitted secondary 7/28, app complete email 7/28. II 8/11.

Has anyone received a reply by UIWSOM to a post-interview thank-you e-mail?