2017-2018 University of Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a PA resident, received and submitted secondary July 5. Interviews are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday with basically every week until December, wow

Reactions: 1 user
Received my first interview from Pitt ~ Monday, September 11th!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! When did you submit primary/secondary? Would you mind sharing your stats?

Ohio State app. ORM. 515, 3.92 cGPA, 4,500 hours research in bacteriology lab + 150 on drug criminalization sociology project, 200 shadowing hours with 6 different specialties, clinical volunteering and non clinical volunteering (~150 hours combined).

Verified on 6/28 and submitted 7/8, interview received 7/14 I think?

Reactions: 1 user
Ohio State app. ORM. 515, 3.92 cGPA, 4,500 hours research in bacteriology lab + 150 on drug criminalization sociology project, 200 shadowing hours with 6 different specialties, clinical volunteering and non clinical volunteering (~150 hours combined).

Verified on 6/28 and submitted 7/8, interview received 7/14 I think?
md track or mstp? :)
and congratulations!

Members don't see this ad :)
For "grades," do I put in a letter grade or numerical grade based on 4.0 scale?

I'd do whatever shows on your transcript. I went with letter grade.
My transcript actually shows both... o_O

Also, what do you think Biochemistry falls under? Biology? Organic Chemistry? General/inorganic Chemistry? The class definitely felt very biology-centered, so I'm tempted to put it under biology, but the course is still offered as a part of the chemistry department...

Edit: But I did report it as letter grade on AMCAS, so I think I'll go with that. Thanks!

I'm ready to submit my application - but I wasn't sure about the course work section. Do I put just the course number? Or do they want the name AND number?

I'm ready to submit my application - but I wasn't sure about the course work section. Do I put just the course number? Or do they want the name AND number?

I put course name/course number. For example Organic Chemistry I/CHEMXXX.

Thanks! I heard from UPSOM and they said to include the name, so I'll do that

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

II! Complete 7/5, OOS

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I'm filling out the secondary and I'm struggling about the "interests" section. I'm interested in a specialty that I have NO experience in, so I don't want to be all "I like this field" when I have nothing in my app to back it up. What do you guys think? Go with my interest or go with something more in line with what my app has?

My status in the portal still says "Invited to complete supplemental application" even though everything is either submitted or complete. Anyone else? I submitted July 9

I'm filling out the secondary and I'm struggling about the "interests" section. I'm interested in a specialty that I have NO experience in, so I don't want to be all "I like this field" when I have nothing in my app to back it up. What do you guys think? Go with my interest or go with something more in line with what my app has?

Just put what you're interested in. I put that I was interested in Peds and ob/gyn and my research was in neuroscience. I think they just try to use it to match you up with someone in a field you could be interested if you get an interview invite.

II this morning, OOS Complete 7/6.

Do you think that they are handing out interviews as they read through the applications? It seems like all II have been from people who were finished on 7/5 and 7/6.

Do you think that they are handing out interviews as they read through the applications? It seems like all II have been from people who were finished on 7/5 and 7/6.

I submitted on 7/5 and got an II this morning!!!!! So freaking unreal- is this a mistake??

(3.43 cGPA, 3.28 sGPA, 526 MCAT, ORM for those curious)

I submitted on 7/5 and got an II this morning!!!!! So freaking unreal- is this a mistake??

(3.43 cGPA, 3.28 sGPA, 526 MCAT, ORM for those curious)

That MCAT is sexy a.f.

Reactions: 5 users
II! Yay, first one of the bunch.

Because the question is inevitable: OOS, 3.75/3.68 c/sGPA, 525 MCAT, complete July 5th.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II this morning! LizzyM ~80, OOS, complete 7/7. So it does seem like they're more or less reviewing applications in order!

Congrats! When were you complete?
Whoops! Complete 7/5 with a ~75 LM They have Monday interviews!! So one less day to have to take off work for other non trads out there:)

For the cultural diversity/talent prompt I wanted to discuss being a Mexican American, but I mentioned that in my personal statement already. Would it be better to expand on that or talk about something different?