2017-2018 University of Nevada - Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Awesome!! Congrats!! Did they send the email in the afternoon? I really love this school!! Crossing my fingers for an interview invite!!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks! Yep IS, and submitted 8/22 but never got a complete email.

Awesome!! Congrats!! Did they send the email in the afternoon? I really love this school!! Crossing my fingers for an interview invite!!

Just received an II! So stoked.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Email was sent in the morning! Best of luck to you :)

just got an II today! anyone know what the interview's like - MMI or traditional? i can't seem to find any info anywhere else

Reactions: 1 users
oh also, anybody know the differences between the Super Saturday interview day and the regular interview day?

just got an II today! anyone know what the interview's like - MMI or traditional? i can't seem to find any info anywhere else
Here is a link telling you about interview day. It states that it is a traditional interview format with two 45 minute interviews. Admission Selection Process and Timeline | UNLV School of Medicine | University of Nevada, Las Vegas.

oh also, anybody know the differences between the Super Saturday interview day and the regular interview day?
Also, I have no idea what the Super Saturday is. I scheduled it, and am curious as to what it entails.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who's already interviewed have any insight into what it's like? Mine is fast approaching and since it's my first, the nerves are compounded...

Anyone who's already interviewed have any insight into what it's like? Mine is fast approaching and since it's my first, the nerves are compounded...
honestly it's the most chill interview i've had. you'll notice right away that no one wants to make you feel nervous or pressured or scared, the faculty create a chill environment and really just want to get to know you. and plus the interview itself happens really early in the agenda so that's good because you get it out of the way soon and the rest of the time you can just relax, enjoy yourself, and try to learn as much as you can about the school. plus it's traditional interview so it's easier than unr, which is mmi.

Members don't see this ad :)
honestly it's the most chill interview i've had. you'll notice right away that no one wants to make you feel nervous or pressured or scared, the faculty create a chill environment and really just want to get to know you. and plus the interview itself happens really early in the agenda so that's good because you get it out of the way soon and the rest of the time you can just relax, enjoy yourself, and try to learn as much as you can about the school. plus it's traditional interview so it's easier than unr, which is mmi.
Ah, thank you! It's more conversational then I assume? I'm constantly worried I'll get tripped up on technical questions haha

Ah, thank you! It's more conversational then I assume? I'm constantly worried I'll get tripped up on technical questions haha

Make sure to check your "View Check List" on the portal (scroll down) after getting an interview. It will be very helpful in preparing.

Reactions: 1 users
Make sure to check your "View Check List" on the portal (scroll down) after getting an interview. It will be very helpful in preparing.
Thank you!! I need to be less nervous and stop missing obvious things omg

yup, plus both interviews are 1-on-1, which is good cause you don't have a whole panel of people there watching your every move. just try to have a normal conversation with the interviewer and help them get to know you. and there are no technical questions, just the ones on the question bank and occasionally they might ask a follow up if they're really interested in something you're talking about.

Anyone know their interviews to acceptances offered ratio from last year?

what is the percentage acceptance rate for this school? just got an interview and my gpa is 3.7 , masters is 3.67 and mcat is 505 from CA

what is the percentage acceptance rate for this school? just got an interview and my gpa is 3.7 , masters is 3.67 and mcat is 505 from CA
Only 300 interviews. 60-70 matriculants. probably 10-20 waitlist?

oh so i have a good chance at getting in? really keen on this school, concerned over my mcat

oh so i have a good chance at getting in? really keen on this school, concerned over my mcat
I mean you have to be in the top 20 percent of interviewers. But getting an interview is a big hurdle you already accomplished!

I got an II but the only available dates were in February lol Anyone else get an interview invite here in October but only can be scheduled for feb? Do they do this based off stats or just no space ?

I got an II but the only available dates were in February lol Anyone else get an interview invite here in October but only can be scheduled for feb? Do they do this based off stats or just no space ?

It just depends on when you applied. The later you applied, the later the interview.

Only 300 interviews. 60-70 matriculants. probably 10-20 waitlist?

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding what you said, but at my interview in September they stated they would not be over accepting. They will only initially accept 60 people, and then as those are declined and spots become available they will continue to send out acceptances.

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding what you said, but at my interview in September they stated they would not be over accepting. They will only initially accept 60 people, and then as those are declined and spots become available they will continue to send out acceptances.
At mine there was mention of a class of 70. And then I assumed 10-20 waitlist.

i submitted my secondary august 21st and got an interview a week ago

Hmmm... maybe because you are out of state? I went to preview night last Tuesday and this is what they made it seem like for in state students

I had only 2 options
Feb 9 and feb 16 as time slots
And then feb 9 disappeared so I quickly chose the 16th
I emailed them and they said no earlier dates available all booked
I hope it doesn't affect my chances
My mcat is a 505 which sucks
But my gpa is 3.7 and my masters Gp is 3.66

Just got my acceptance call this morning!

Reactions: 8 users
Just got my acceptance call this morning!

That’s awesome! Congrats! They are early! They told us at my interview acceptances wouldn’t go out till the 30th. Excited they are though!! When did you interview?

That’s awesome! Congrats! They are early! They told us at my interview acceptances wouldn’t go out till the 30th. Excited they are though!! When did you interview?
Thank you! I interviewed October 6th and I was surprised too because they told us that acceptances wouldn't be going out until the week after thanksgiving.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted yesterday! Interviewed Nov 3rd. I was also surprised to get the call so early.

IS, grad school GPA 3.76, MCAT 516. I am also old and super non-trad, 4th time applying to med school.

Reactions: 6 users
I haven’t even interviewed yet and seats are filling up :’( but congrats to you guys :p must be a dream come true

I woke up this morning with butterflies in my stomach! I feel like maybe calls won't go out today (because they went out before the holiday instead), but I'm posted by my phone nonetheless. I was so impressed during my interview this year and I'm just like---aorouissoihagoig---love this school. I know I should stay off StudentDoctor, but I am so freaking excited and nervous and anticipatory and scared all at once!!! There has to be a better emoji for this feeling, but this is the best I've got so far: :corny:

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone hear anything about when the next round of acceptances are going out? Kind of sad my home school isn't showing me some love!

Anyone hear anything about when the next round of acceptances are going out? Kind of sad my home school isn't showing me some love!

At my interview, I'm pretty sure that they said that the committee would be meeting every month and making calls in the last week of the month. Of course--that's subject to change based on the holidays, etc. etc.

Interviewing here next week. Any tips/advice?

My advice would be brace yourself for the number of interviewees. I had around 20-30 during my day which made me a bit nervous. In regards to the interview, Dean Parrish made it a point that he wants you to be relaxed while interviewing which is why the interview questions are listed. Very conversational, and everyone is very upfront and honest which is something I appreciate. Good luck and hopefully I will see you as part of the class of 2022! I'm super excited to be a part of this!

My advice would be brace yourself for the number of interviewees. I had around 20-30 during my day which made me a bit nervous. In regards to the interview, Dean Parrish made it a point that he wants you to be relaxed while interviewing which is why the interview questions are listed. Very conversational, and everyone is very upfront and honest which is something I appreciate. Good luck and hopefully I will see you as part of the class of 2022! I'm super excited to be a part of this!

Thank you! That helps. For the questions they gave, how prepared were your answers? I know that some schools don't want memorized answers, so I'm just curious.