2017-2018 University of Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For MSTP applicants, IIs are not released on Mondays. They can be sent throughout the week.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So anyone have a clue when the bulk of IS II's have historically been sent out?

Are all OOS IIs sent out already? Just wondering because Michigan moves so fast. I submitted the secondary on 6/30 but haven't received an II yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Are all OOS IIs sent out already? Just wondering because Michigan moves so fast. I submitted the secondary on 6/30 but haven't received an II yet.

No dude chill there's only been like 80 IIs sent out total so far lol

Reactions: 1 users

I know everyone will say calm down which is great advice but there is totally part of my mind working this way too lol so you're not alone! I was also complete 6/30 we are in for quite the waiting game this year:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an II in December last year and I'm OOS. I was complete early July last year.

Relax folks, the cycle has just begun. I definitely understand that this process is stressful and anxiety-provoking, but patience is #majorkey

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 9 users
Anyone with II (or without) use the optional space to talk bout how Mich would foster the interests they listed on that page? SDN is full of conflicting opinions on doing this: I usually add a "why this school" answer to show my specific interest so I don't see why some people think it is a bad idea

I did a "why michigan"

Michigan loves infographics

One of the things that made me love the program right away was how transparent they are about an otherwise daunting process. Really appreciate the realness. **** Tom Brady

Reactions: 1 users
Of course all the OOS IIs are not gone. The dude is trolling, basic math and history will tell you that.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anybody know if Michigan has any minimum MCAT score, either composite or in certain sections? Their flyer says the range of percentiles accepted was like 40-100.
Did someone really get in with a <500 score? If so, how?
Just curious if there is any minuscule chance for me to get II here :thinking:

Does anybody know if Michigan has any minimum MCAT score, either composite or in certain sections? Their flyer says the range of percentiles accepted was like 40-100.
Did someone really get in with a <500 score? If so, how?
Just curious if there is any minuscule chance for me to get II here :thinking:
Because this info came from the school directly, I'm sure someone that this was the case. However, other factors such as PS, extracurriculars, and interview performance must have been really solid. I also believe faith played a part.

OSS student with in-state ties. 514 MCAT and 3.81 sGPA. 3000+ hours research. Complete 7/28. Am I screwed?

I just got inside news that all OOS IIs are out. Freakin sucks.

My school hasn't yet sent out the committee letters for students . If this is the case, no one from my school can get into UMich. I highly doubt that...

My school hasn't yet sent out the committee letters for students . If this is the case, no one from my school can get into UMich. I highly doubt that...
Pay no attention to the troll.

I wish....

Lol. *Note to self: even the smartest of smart people are gullible af.
Michigan and all other schools also send out their acceptances by mid-September. If you don't have one by then, you won't be a doctor. Ever.+pity+

Looking through the umichmedmonday twitter page, I found this. "all interview days are created equal—whether in Sept. or Feb!"

Does this mean that michigan only interview in September and February? Is this the case for most schools?

Looking through the umichmedmonday twitter page, I found this. "all interview days are created equal—whether in Sept. or Feb!"

Does this mean that michigan only interview in September and February? Is this the case for most schools?
I can't tell if this is a serious question or not... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, here is an informative link from their website: https://medicine.umich.edu/medschoo.../files/assets/md_2017-18_ interview_dates.pdf

Of course not! Interviews are usually offered periodically through approx. that period, though some schools begin as early as August and end in March.
Michigan's specific dates can be found here: https://medicine.umich.edu/medschoo.../files/assets/md_2017-18_ interview_dates.pdf

Michigan interviews from September until February. The interview schedule should be posted on the website like last year. If not, then it will probably be posted soon.

Happy Monday friends! Who's ready to definitely not receive an II today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 12 users
Get ready for UMichMedMonday!

upload_2017-8-7_10-59-21.png

Fingers crossed. Tbh I kinda like that they send out interviews on a set date per week. Makes it interesting. Like the hunger games, but less ****ty.

got an II but school doesnt send out letters until mid august hahah

Reactions: 5 users
"It's #UMichMedMonday w/ 23 IIs out today! Candidates from 19 undergrads and 14 states. See what we look for in apps: http://michmed.org/MYWg4 "

Congrats to everyone who got one! This week the odds were not in my favor. Maybe next week.

Reactions: 2 users
II invite over here! OOS with no ties to Michigan. Complete on 7/1/17 with 3.95/515.

Reactions: 7 users
This is the only time I wish I wasn't in-state.

Reactions: 3 users
II! OOS secondary complete 3 July!

Reactions: 2 users