2017-2018 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else's status change to your application is under consideration by the screening committee?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else's status change to your application is under consideration by the screening committee?
Yepp! Before that it was "forwarded to the screening committee"

Reactions: 1 user
Neuroticism intensifies...

Hopefully, that's good.

Members don't see this ad :)
how do i withdraw my app from here? do i have to email them?

I can't find an accurate answer online. What is the avg new MCAT score here?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea when these floodgates gonna open? (Or maybe they did and I missed out lol)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

for those who already have II, how long did it take to go from "forwarded to screening committee" to "under review"?

II just now! One of my top choices, so excited!
Complete 7/24, LizzyM = 69, IS.

Reactions: 1 users
any UIC students that can comment on the interviews, campus, or overall process? I was browsing 2016-7 and it looks like the portal system is kind of difficult to understand (there was like a flowchart lol). The system almost seems different, I am wondering if it is?

What are the interviews like?

Did anyone completed in August get any IIs?

Just checked my portal, and it says I have an II! I haven't gotten an email yet though. It just says to call the office to schedule. Of course, it's Friday at 6pm on Labor Day weekend lol.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH

Reactions: 6 users
How do we check the status for our application once we have submitted the secondary? It just says that it has been submitted.

Rejected just now. IS. Found out by email.

sorry to hear. When were you complete?
Received the secondary on 7/12 and was complete on 7/25. I have to wonder if it was Casper that hurt me, as I've already interviewed at another school in-state. Best of luck to the rest of you!

Received the secondary on 7/12 and was complete on 7/25. I have to wonder if it was Casper that hurt me, as I've already interviewed at another school in-state. Best of luck to the rest of you!

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you mind me asking when you took CASPER? I'm also worried about CASPER; I haven't heard back from any of the schools my CASPER schools (NYMC, Tulane, U of I).

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you mind me asking when you took CASPER? I'm also worried about CASPER; I haven't heard back from any of the schools my CASPER schools (NYMC, Tulane, U of I).
I took CAPSER on 6/9.

Anyone that interviewed today have any feedback? Open/closed, MmI type questions, anything? Lol

Congrats to those with II!
Anyone still with "Your application has been forwarded to the screening committee." :( come on UIC. Show some love to an alumni.

Reactions: 2 users
II today! I'm instate, LM = 77-78. I took the Casper in late July. I believe I was complete mid-late August.

Congrats to those with II!
Anyone still with "Your application has been forwarded to the screening committee." :( come on UIC. Show some love to an alumni.

That has been my status for about a month... starting to worry!

I just checked my status, states a final decision has been made on my application and that they sent an email,
I did not get an email at all. However, I'm guessing it's a rejection as others stated their portals said they recieved an interview!

Checked my portal and got an interview!!! But no email. Check your portal guys!

Checked my portal and got an interview!!! But no email. Check your portal guys!

Wait, +1!! Wow, would've totally missed that. Have you called in yet?

Not yet! I am debating whether I am brave enough to have an interview in two days. lol

Yo, real talk, same, and I have to ask my PI. Let me know if you end up doing it!

can someone let me know how long it took to go from "forwarded to screening committee" to "under review"???

Checked my portal feeling all hopeful, then saw the same stupid "forwarded to screening committee" :yeahright: booooo

Reactions: 4 users
Stupid question, but what is the portal? It is the same page where we submitted our secondary? All I see is "Supplemental Application Status."

EDIT: found the correct url in my email :)

Last edited:
Rejected just now....hard to believe I thought I had a good chance here especially since I am IS. LM of 72

Ive had the forwarded to the screening committee status for over a month now. Its hard to stay patient.

Ive had the forwarded to the screening committee status for over a month now. Its hard to stay patient.
I think they review in batches. URM, High stat people go first, then others. I wouldn't worry too much.

Hey guys,

I called on Tuesday (9/12) because the portal said my letters were under review to ensure they met the requirements (but I had a committee letter and that was the status for over a week....) and the woman on the phone was super nice and told me they were just really backed up, but then had my application sent to the screening committee right then and there! My status is now "Under consideration by the screening committee" - how long was that the status before you guys saw any updates?

Thanks! Best of luck to everyone!