2017-2018 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II an hour ago!! OOS LM ~78

I can't attend any of the available dates... anyone with the same issue? Did you just contact the admissions office directly?
When were you complete? Congrats btw!

Members don't see this ad.

II an hour ago!! OOS LM ~78

I can't attend any of the available dates... anyone with the same issue? Did you just contact the admissions office directly?
Congrats! When were you complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
wtf interview invite on a saturday....more shocked than excited. Complete Early August

Reactions: 2 users
So if I was complete in early July should I just write myself off

Reactions: 1 user
So if I was complete in early July should I just write myself off
Primary complete July 28th (Lizzy M 74). This is my first II. I'm pretty sure the whole admissions process is like roulette.

Reactions: 1 users

Attachments

• Sat interview.png
    Sat interview.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: 7 users
Just wanted to confirm but from the interview day it sounds like acceptances this year are true rolling right? Instead of having three separate decision dates like in the past?

Just wanted to confirm but from the interview day it sounds like acceptances this year are true rolling right? Instead of having three separate decision dates like in the past?
Wait really? That's awesome! Did they say what the first date that you'll find out about whether you're accepted is?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait really? That's awesome! Did they say what the first date that you'll find out about whether you're accepted is?
October 16th was the day they told me they would start releasing admission decisions

Yeah I believe Oct 15th is the first date medical schools are allowed to accept non-ED students according to AMCAS rules, but it falls on a Sunday this year, so decisions will likely start going out on the 16th.

Yeah I believe Oct 15th is the first date medical schools are allowed to accept non-ED students according to AMCAS rules, but it falls on a Sunday this year, so decisions will likely start going out on the 16th.
I can tell already that's gonna be a nerve-wracking day.

I heard that Pritz was sending out auto rejects if you submitted and didnt meet their post secondary screen. Would that mean that silence is a good sign right now?

I heard that Pritz was sending out auto rejects if you submitted and didnt meet their post secondary screen. Would that mean that silence is a good sign right now?
How do you know they have a post-secondary screen?

How do you know they have a post-secondary screen?
I just assumed they did because some people said that they were rejected within hours of submitting secondaries. Dont remember where Isaw it tho. It was one of the reasons I almost did submit cuz my stats are way lower than their avg.

I just assumed they did because some people said that they were rejected within hours of submitting secondaries. Dont remember where Isaw it tho. It was one of the reasons I almost did submit cuz my stats are way lower than their avg.
Haha so clearly there isn't an automatic screen if you haven't been axed yet. UChicago practices holistic admissions, reportedly, and so it'd make no sense for them to just eliminate applicants with MCATs less than 520 haha. Some of my friends who got into UChicago last year didn't get interviews until December and January, and they submitted their secondary within minutes of it coming out, so don't worry! Silence is a good thing right now since so many others have already been rejected, and it's only September.

Reactions: 3 users
When noting alumni relationships on the secondary, is it okay to list someone who graduated from UChicago Business School? The app doesn't seem to specify alumni of the medical school so I am just curious.

When noting alumni relationships on the secondary, is it okay to list someone who graduated from UChicago Business School? The app doesn't seem to specify alumni of the medical school so I am just curious.

I don't think it matters which school they are from. I listed that same relationship!

I don't think it matters which school they are from. I listed that same relationship!

Thanks. I did too but was curious as to what other people did. I've been complete since mid-July though so guess It did not matter to them :(

II invite today!!! U Chicago would be the dream. Complete 7/20, Lizzy M 77. Unfortunately there are only 4 or 5 dates available, all in September and first half of October...

II invite today!!! U Chicago would be the dream. Complete 7/20, Lizzy M 77. Unfortunately there are only 4 or 5 dates available, all in September and first half of October...

If the dates don't work for you I would reach out to them, I bet there are later dates that just are not showing (probably?)

Congrats! The admissions staff at Pritzker are SO friendly and accomodating, I'd totally reach out to them if you have a conflict with those dates.

Received an II for the MSTP on 9/7 :) Complete 9/5 (I know, I'm also baffled by the 2-day turnaround), LizzyM 80+, Interview date 10/24.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Any advice or insight into what the interview is like here? I know it's three individual interviews: Faculty, Student, and AdCom. Any tips though?

Any advice or insight into what the interview is like here? I know it's three individual interviews: Faculty, Student, and AdCom. Any tips though?
They're truly conversational. :) Just be prepared to show you have a personality and know your application well.

Yeah if the interviews here had a name, they'd be named lowkeysha or something. They're super chill -- you'll have an opportunity to present yourself the best way you can and to speak about what is most important to you.

basically what 28 miles said. if you want to do any prep, just do general stuff - reread your app a few times and have good posture/other general skills.

it's very low stress, and honestly quite enjoyable.

Also only adcom has your scores/gpa. The others only have your app/essays! Like everyone else said, though, very comfortable and no tricky questions

Also only adcom has your scores/gpa. The others only have your app/essays! Like everyone else said, though, very comfortable and no tricky questions

Just to clarify, the third interviewer isn't necessarily an AdCom member, but an administrator. So, for example, you might talk to one of the office staff. My student interviewer was on the AdCom but my administrator was not.

Just wondering if anyone with a LM of 70 got an II (other than the one posting earlier in the thread, that is).

Congrats to everyone with IIs!
Complete here since early July and nothing but silence

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone else ****ting his/her pants thinking about Oct. 16? Because I am....

Reactions: 5 users
Do you guys know if UChicago actually releases decisions on Oct 16?

And (I know this is a bit of a stretch for you guys to know) how many people are accepted/rejected around that date?

I JUST WANT TO KNOW pritzker pls