2017-2018 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just for peace of mind...anyone else here sitting with LizzyMs of 78+ and 0 news (II or rejection) from any of these schools despite being compete in mid-July?
LizzyM 78, complete 7/7, haven't heard anything from Pritzker. Don't worry :)

Members don't see this ad.

Damn I feel for you DimasN. No II from anywhere for 80+ is brutal. I keep telling myself that it's early haha but it's hard not to be a little anxious.
I feel great whenever I don't stop by SDN. These school-specific threads are a great way of inducing a heart attack.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I've been complete for a few days and don't expect them to start reviewing any time soon. Does the online status change to "under review" or anything like that or does the status stay the same?

I feel great whenever I don't stop by SDN. These school-specific threads are a great way of inducing a heart attack.
I have the link to the school-specific threads bookmarked on my Chrome homepage; at this point for my own sanity I think I'll be taking that off

Reactions: 1 user
So I've been complete for a few days and don't expect them to start reviewing any time soon. Does the online status change to "under review" or anything like that or does the status stay the same?
My application was complete early July. For me, it stayed the same.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhh II!!! First one!! Complete 7/28

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
As far as I know the interview structure hasn't changed and in general you will have:

- 1 Faculty Interview
- 1 Student Interview
- 1 Admissions Interview

:)

II!! Complete 7/22

Reactions: 2 users
II this morning with a <3.5 GPA and a 510 MCAT so keep your heads up everyone who thinks they're not good enough (like I did)!!

Reactions: 9 users
Thanks! I was complete on 7/24
Congrats! It seems like recent IIs were sent to people marked complete in late July. For those of us who were complete the day the secondary was released, does that mean we were rejected? Is it possible for us to get an II? Please tell me there's hope still!

Congrats! It seems like recent IIs were sent to people marked complete in late July. For those of us who were complete the day the secondary was released, does that mean we were rejected? Is it possible for us to get an II? Please tell me there's hope still!
Of course there's hope! Again, it's extremely early in the cycle, and you still have a chance to get an II, whether it's next week or in December.

MSTP - First II. Received this morning. Secondary submitted 7/9. Complete 8/11.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
LM is 71 -- II received on 8|15 -- Secondary submitted 8|11 (all other parts of my app, e.g. letters were done). I'm almost wondering if they begin reading apps prior to completion because 4 days...? But I'm not complaining! Best of luck to all!

LM is 71 -- II received on 8|15 -- Secondary submitted 8|11 (all other parts of my app, e.g. letters were done). I'm almost wondering if they begin reading apps prior to completion because 4 days...? But I'm not complaining! Best of luck to all!
Congrats! What range of interview dates did you get to choose from?

Have any TX Residents heard from Pritzker yet?

Have any applicants interested in the HTE heard back, yet?

wait hold up for some reason i thought this was the USC page since you said HTE. UChicago has an HTE program as well?! Didn't see anything on their secondary app allowing us to select this as an interest...

Haha - just realized that as well. I had that tab open and accidentally asked the question here. Disregard!

II this past week as well!

btw, can any current students comment on whether it's safe to take the green line in from downtown early in the morning before interviews? thanks!

btw, can any current students comment on whether it's safe to take the green line in from downtown early in the morning before interviews? thanks!

DO NOT TAKE THE GREEN LINE. Red is okay but still sketchy.

Yes, II. Submitted late July, about 2 weeks between submitting secondary and receiving II.
I'm hoping for a similar result. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Anyone know if they have a student hosting program or something similar for interviews?

I went to UChicago undergrad. I took the green line and the red line at all hours of the night and never had a problem. In the morning you'll be perfectly fine. If you're staying downtown you can also take the 6 or the 2 buses.

I went to UChicago undergrad. I took the green line and the red line at all hours of the night and never had a problem. In the morning you'll be perfectly fine. If you're staying downtown you can also take the 6 or the 2 buses.

Agree with this. You can take the Green Line & Red Line, especially early in the morning without much issue. In the morning there will be other commuters to UChicago. The 2 bus is a really good option though if your traveling down on a weekday as its a Hyde Park express bus that will put right on campus probably even quicker than green line --> 55 bus (or whatever route you were planning to take).

II an hour ago!! OOS LM ~78

I can't attend any of the available dates... anyone with the same issue? Did you just contact the admissions office directly?

Edit: complete 7/20

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
II an hour ago!! OOS LM ~78

I can't attend any of the available dates... anyone with the same issue? Did you just contact the admissions office directly?
Congrats! And yeah, I called the office and asked them about any future dates they had.

How far out did they let you schedule? Or have they not opened those dates up yet?
When I got my interview, the only dates available were in August, but I couldn't do any day then. So I called them to see if they had any September dates yet, so I just basically signed up via phone.