2017-2018 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
submitted secondary sunday with >520 and >3.8 and have heard nothing :')

guess I didn't make the cut for an II if turnaround was that fast?

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted last Friday with >3.8 and >525 and nothing. Don't think it's a big deal, no need to be paranoid

Reactions: 4 users
II! Almost didn't even apply here because I doubted I had a real shot. It's still sinking in. Super excited to visit Chicago in the summer instead of winter. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 2 users
II! Almost didn't even apply here because I doubted I had a real shot. It's still sinking in. Super excited to visit Chicago in the summer instead of winter. Good luck to everyone else!

when did you receive it? I've been thinking II were only between 9-5 but do they come late in the evening too?

Last edited:
Yup! It came in an email and it's in their online portal so I guess it's for real! The turnaround from my secondary submission and the II was crazy fast.

Edit: I was complete maybe two days ago? Honestly didn't keep track because I wasn't expecting much to come of it. I'm a URM w high MCAT and low GPA (520/~3.4), so LizzyM comes out to ~70.
Hey man I'm just wondering what type of URM are you? I have almost the same numbers as you and im a Mexican- American male

Beyond thankful to have received an II. It is hard for me to imagine a better place to get my medical training than Chicago's south side. SUCH A DREAM!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
People who received IIs - did you happen to write a 'Why Pritzker essay' for the optional information? I am ready to submit with my current essays, but did not write anything for the optional info and am not sure what the norm is.

Congrats to the II-ers and good luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad :)
People who received IIs - did you happen to write a 'Why Pritzker essay' for the optional information? I am ready to submit with my current essays, but did not write anything for the optional info and am not sure what the norm is.

I did not write a Why Pritzker essay, and I would actually advise against it. I just updated them with my grades and how I recently learned that I will be a teaching assistant this upcoming year.

I disagree with the poster above. Nothing wrong with using that space to talk about what specifically drew you to that school. I did a why pritzker essay and received an II.

I did not write a Why Pritzker essay, and I would actually advise against it. I just updated them with my grades and how I recently learned that I will be a teaching assistant this upcoming year.
I didn't. I just briefly described what I've been up to since graduating and what I plan to do for the next year.

II at 4:30 this morning!

Reactions: 8 users
I did have all my letters in, but I never received a complete email either. Thanks! I'm so excited! :)

Did you get a complete email before II? I submitted secondary on July 6th but havent gottem completrd email yet altho portal says so. Congrats on II :)
Yeah, I received a complete email moments after I submitted my secondary application.

II yesterday! Lizzy M >80, submitted secondary 7/17, OOS

Reactions: 4 users
I've seen you on every school I've applied to, hope the process is going well!

Thanks!! Best of luck to you as well! It's crazy how each schools are individually a long shot but aggregated together we all have a 40% chance of getting in somewhere :)

Hey guys, I submitted the secondary on the 6th and got an email that said I'd get another email once my app was complete. I've yet to receive that email, should I contact admissions? Anyone else in a similar situation?

Hey guys, I submitted the secondary on the 6th and got an email that said I'd get another email once my app was complete. I've yet to receive that email, should I contact admissions? Anyone else in a similar situation?

Is it complete in the portal? If so I wouldn't

I have an II and never got a complete email before the invite came.

^well that gives me hope, I submitted 7/9 and figured they had already gone through my app. Thanks for the info! and congrats on your II!

^well that gives me hope, I submitted 7/9 and figured they had already gone through my app. Thanks for the info! and congrats on your II!

Even if they already are through your date of submission they can always go back and give out a II. I have heard on SDN that some schools will keep applicants in consideration, and everyone left is in the ring for remaining II's.

Even if they already are through your date of submission they can always go back and give out a II. I have heard on SDN that some schools will keep applicants in consideration, and everyone left is in the ring for remaining II's.

Yeah I've heard this too, but it'd certainly better to make the cut for the II on the first look-through; would help a lot with my stress haha

are applications reviewed in the order that they are complete? i really need to get off this website for my sanity lol

Reactions: 3 users
are applications reviewed in the order that they are complete? i really need to get off this website for my sanity lol

Goro often spits the phrase that the time of app review has no correlation with when it was turned in (not verbatim) so that is some comfort

Reactions: 1 users
I got an II yesterday with Lizzy M score of 72, think it should be okay!

Wow, thanks for sharing! My Lizzy M is 73 and I was considering not sending in a secondary because I didn't think I stood a chance.

:claps:

I don't think applications are necessarily reviewed in the order they are received. So breathe :D

Look forward to meeting some of you in the fall at interviews!

MSTP II this morning!!! Complete 7/16 LizzyM 82. So excited!

II received Tuesday (7/25) at 4:44 PM!!!! I just about died of happiness. All letters had been sent in, and I did not write a Why Pritzker essay (although I did have a paragraph at the end of my essay about other demographic factors that connected my unusual background to why Pritzker). Good luck everyone :)

II!! Lol, one of the only schools not on either coast of the US that I've applied to.

Info: OOS, MCAT 525, 3.75/3.68 c/sGPA, complete 07-08.