2017-2018 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just a few hours ago! Complete 7/17. I can't see any available interview dates on the application portal, though. Is anyone else having this problem?
Stats?

Members don't see this ad.

524 MCAT, 4.0 GPA, rising senior. Research-heavy experiences (though no publications yet, sadly), with some clinical volunteering, tutoring, music, and work experience mixed in.
Jesus Christ......

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
did the people who got interviews invitations apply as disadvantaged? i heard that disadvantaged applicants get interview invitations later like in january?

I applied as disadvantaged and got an II

Reactions: 1 users
II just a few hours ago! Complete 7/17. I can't see any available interview dates on the application portal, though. Is anyone else having this problem?

I had this problem for the first 3ish days after my II. Eventually 8/18 and 8/25 popped up for the August drop down tab

I had this problem for the first 3ish days after my II. Eventually 8/18 and 8/25 popped up for the August drop down tab
Thanks! I'll wait a few days and see if anything opens up, then.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats and if you are IS or OOS?

Sure! GPA: 3.74, MCAT 511. IS with relatively weak ties to Northern California (I went to a college in that region for undergrad).

Submitted 7/20 and just received (7/31) the completed email...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a complete email as well. Complete 7/21

I applied as disadvantaged and got an II
Oh okay thanks for letting me know.
I know an URM who was complete by end of July but didn't get interview invitation till September so there is still hope god willing

Oh okay thanks for letting me know.
I know an URM who was complete by end of July but didn't get interview invitation till September so there is still hope god willing

Yeah it's still super early. Don't stress

Is the question "Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee" mandatory?

I tried submitting just now without answering and got this notification: "There are 1 essay(s) that have not been completed and will not be saved, all others will be saved."

Is the question "Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee" mandatory?

I tried submitting just now without answering and got this notification: "There are 1 essay(s) that have not been completed and will not be saved, all others will be saved."
If you don't want to say anything regarding this just say "N/A".

For the the 3 experiences that we fill out, would using one of the three to discuss something unrelated to medicine/healthcare be frowned upon? I was going to talk about community service experience, but it was a "most-meaningful activity" on my primary, as well as incorporated in my personal statement. I'm not sure if that'll be overkill, or if it will bolster my app...

For the the 3 experiences that we fill out, would using one of the three to discuss something unrelated to medicine/healthcare be frowned upon? I was going to talk about community service experience, but it was a "most-meaningful activity" on my primary, as well as incorporated in my personal statement. I'm not sure if that'll be overkill, or if it will bolster my app...

I only included one experience directly related to medicine / healthcare but for the non - related experiences I still tied it back to how it would prepare me for a career in medicine. And it stats in the instructions it is okay for redundancies.

If I haven't received secondary yet, does this mean I'm screened out? Or do they send you a rejection email? I'm not sure if I should ask them to send me one because when I asked Duke about this they sent me the secondary the very next day.

did the people who got interviews invitations apply as disadvantaged? i heard that disadvantaged applicants get interview invitations later like in january?
I applied disadvantaged and received an II on 7/7. Born and raised in the Bay Area!

i applied as disadvantaged and got an II 3 days after I submitted my secondary

How long do you think the turnaround time is? Submitted on 07/28 and tried not to overstress myself on the II

verified 8/4, secondary received 8/5, strong ties

Last edited:
verified 6/14...still no secondary, should I email or just let it be?

Make sure to check your spam! But if they've received your app, I don't think it's beneficial to bug them further... On the upside, no news isn't bad news!

Same boat. Verified 6/15, IS, no secondary... Don't think we should be too worried yet though

II! Got it on Friday, after submitting my secondary on Mon. Applied as disadvantaged.

Hey y'all, current MS1 here. Just want to give a shout out to everyone who are <69 LM and to wish you all the best of luck! UCD loves people with a good personality and values your background no matter what path you chose to take prior to applying. If you have questions, let me know!

Reactions: 4 users
Secondary submitted 7/10 as well, nothing here.

Question, do admissions look down upon applications that have submitted a letter of recommendation that's missing a signature? Because I just found out from another university that one of my letters is missing a signature and now I have to wait until my professor has time to fix it. I already submitted the required amount of letters; now I am just hoping I can resubmit that letter after it's fixed, and I'll have to mass email every school I submitted this letter to to replace it.

Question, do admissions look down upon applications that have submitted a letter of recommendation that's missing a signature? Because I just found out from another university that one of my letters is missing a signature and now I have to wait until my professor has time to fix it. I already submitted the required amount of letters; now I am just hoping I can resubmit that letter after it's fixed, and I'll have to mass email every school I submitted this letter to to replace it.

I don't think so. Its not YOUR mistake at all and I believe its standard protocol to sign the letters.

Hey y'all, current MS1 here. Just want to give a shout out to everyone who are <69 LM and to wish you all the best of luck! UCD loves people with a good personality and values your background no matter what path you chose to take prior to applying. If you have questions, let me know!

I know acceptance is a long shot if you're OOS, but do you know any of the students that are? What are they like?

I actually had the same about thing happen to me. All of the schools have been really nice about it, and I think they automatically get the letter once it's updated. Tbd on if it'll affect me down the road but I think (hope) it'll be fine.

I do have little connections with NorCal but it isnt a strong one. Would it be smarter to just skip #2 for on the secondary? I have heard of some people getting in without answering that part but im not sure

I know acceptance is a long shot if you're OOS, but do you know any of the students that are? What are they like?
Unfortunately, I have met only 2 people in my class so far who are truly from out of state or international. Some others have lived out of state but are CA natives.

If you feel like you fit UC Davis' mission then I don't see why not!

I received an II! For others that have received an invite, do you think they will open up more dates?

Reactions: 1 users
I received an II! For others that have received an invite, do you think they will open up more dates?
I picked the only date they had available. I didn't want to wait for more dates in case the current one became unavailable.

Can you switch dates after you pick one?

II yesterday. Complete on 08/08 due to committee letter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users