2017-2018 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary received. CA resident. Verified yesterday.

Members don't see this ad.

Alright wth. I got the email yesterday and filled out the secondary but as many of u pointed out there was no way to submit. So today I go the check to see if i can submit and the secondary disappeared. Pissed. Anyone else?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if UCD accepts the FAP? First secondary so far that seems to be asking me to pay the fee :/

Also, verified 6/26 and received UCD Secondary 7/7 for those curious or collecting data.

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary submitted! :) Crossing my fingers.

Reactions: 1 user
Do we need to do anything at all if we qualify for the fee waiver? or do we still need to pay?

Does anyone know if UCD accepts the FAP? First secondary so far that seems to be asking me to pay the fee :/

Also, verified 6/26 and received UCD Secondary 7/7 for those curious or collecting data.

Reply to their Supplemental application invitation email and request your fee to be waived and attach your FAP assistance email acceptance (screenchot beforehand)

Reply to their Supplemental application invitation email and request your fee to be waived and attach your FAP assistance email acceptance (screenchot beforehand)

Damn, wish I didnt act so quick. Hope they process refunds....will keep y'all posted! Thanks for the help nonetheless though.

Do we have 3 activity essay this year? I dont see it

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Do we have 3 activity essay this year? I dont see it

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yes. It's on the "Experiences" tab on the yellow bar when you go to the supplemental application from the Homepage (click this "menu" button somewhere at the top)

Alright wth. I got the email yesterday and filled out the secondary but as many of u pointed out there was no way to submit. So today I go the check to see if i can submit and the secondary disappeared. Pissed. Anyone else?
My submit button didn't appear until I finished the whole application, maybe fill it out and see if it appears?

hey y'all, do you think for the question asking "do you have any elements that may be concerning?" I can talk about being a reapplicant and how i've improved?

I have this same question. Would it be okay to talk about being a reapplicant as a "concern" ?

Members don't see this ad :)
So the submit button isn't the one on the bottom? It is the one on the upper far right in the menu section?

fill out all your application THEN the submit button appears on the same blue line as "Experiences" and "Tracks" and "Essay" etc.

Cali resident. app status says received 7/7 but no secondary yet :(
Same, execpt they let me begin filling out the stupid secondary on friday. Only for me to log in and have no access to the secondary. WTF

For the prerequisite section, it says that labs are not required. Should I enter them anyway or leave them out? Thanks in advance!

Would someone mind posting the prompts with limits?

So I'm wondering about the "3 experience" questions. In the instructions it says "most influential in leading you to a career in medicine" whereas above the question itself it says "How did it prepare you for a medical career"

While I am still focusing on the things I chose from my primary, I was hoping to write about for example, a challenge I encountered in my lab that has prepared me for a medical career but it's not necessarily something that LED me to a career in medicine. Is this a similar approach people are taking or really just focusing on "why medicine"?

So I'm wondering about the "3 experience" questions. In the instructions it says "most influential in leading you to a career in medicine" whereas above the question itself it says "How did it prepare you for a medical career"

While I am still focusing on the things I chose from my primary, I was hoping to write about for example, a challenge I encountered in my lab that has prepared me for a medical career but it's not necessarily something that LED me to a career in medicine. Is this a similar approach people are taking or really just focusing on "why medicine"?

I chose three experiences that answered both, but I think it's more important to talk about how your experiences helped prepare you for a medical career.

Submitted. Davis is one of my top choices so I am hoping! Good luck, everyone.

Any idea how strongly Davis screens? I know Irvine posted a graph on their site showing that half of the applicants were initially screened out... (I've gotten a secondary, but I'm trying to assess how meaningful that really is)

Any idea how strongly Davis screens? I know Irvine posted a graph on their site showing that half of the applicants were initially screened out... (I've gotten a secondary, but I'm trying to assess how meaningful that really is)

Pretty sure Davis screens quite strongly. And not with just stats. I'm IS verified June 1st and still haven't gotten a secondary. I don't expect one tbh.

Why do you say that?
I know of several high stat, IS people from previous cycles who did not receive secondaries and ended up at top 20s, even with ties to the area. Also as far as I know, all UCs do significant screening. At least half of the applicant pool.

I know of several high stat, IS people from previous cycles who did not receive secondaries and ended up at top 20s, even with ties to the area. Also as far as I know, all UCs do significant screening. At least half of the applicant pool.
High stat problems I guess :(

LORs have been received.

For those who have submitted: Have your prereqs been marked as completed?

secondary submitted! Hoping for some love from this school

I don't get the question from TEACH MS application, what is UC Davis TEACH MS student pen-pal? Anyone care to explain please? Thank you!

Hi everyone! Received a secondary this morning 7/14. Verified yesterday 7/13. Nontrad, IS my whole life, LizzyM ~70.
Good luck to everyone!

Edit: lifelong *NorCal* resident. Maybe that's something they autoscreen for? I got my secondary at 3am Pacific time. Hopefully the adcoms weren't awake and working at that hour. :)

Last edited:
So if we still haven't received a secondary invite, can we assume that our app has been screened out? I am oos and LM 66. I wish schools just tell you upfront right away instead of leaving you hanging. Admissions process is already stressful, this makes it worse.

Reactions: 2 users
So if we still haven't received a secondary invite, can we assume that our app has been screened out? I am oos and LM 66. I wish schools just tell you upfront right away instead of leaving you hanging. Admissions process is already stressful, this makes it worse.

Davis excepts almost 0 out of state applicants so I would assume their screen would be brutal for oos

Do you happen to know what the prescreen reqs are?

No sorry Davis has an odd screening process but in tends to favor people that have strong ties to northern and central California rather then necessarily gpa / mcat from what I have seen in the past. I could be wrong but I have seen people with great stats from southern California get screened out even.

No sorry Davis has an odd screening process but in tends to favor people that have strong ties to northern and central California rather then necessarily gpa / mcat from what I have seen in the past. I could be wrong but I have seen people with great stats from southern California get screened out even.

Thank you for letting me know. I won't waste my time waiting and worrying about this school haha. I wish I browsed SDN before sending in my primary. Could have saved some $$.

Sorry for being late to the bandwagon, but I can confirm for this for FAP recipients. I wrote them, and they said my fee had already been waived, so I don't even think asking is necessary. OOS, verified 6/12, secondary received 7/7

Thank you for letting me know. I won't waste my time waiting and worrying about this school haha. I wish I browsed SDN before sending in my primary. Could have saved some $$.
Did you invest in the MSAR? If so, and you used it to make your list of schools, you would have seen that Davis accepts almost no OOS.

Did you invest in the MSAR? If so, and you used it to make your list of schools, you would have seen that Davis accepts almost no OOS.
Yep, but having used MSAR to make really practical choices for other schools on my list, I guess this was part of my "what if." A potato can dream.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep, but having used MSAR to make really practical choices for other schools on my list, I guess this was part of my "what if." A potato can dream.

I agree Potato, there were 3 OOS accepted last cycle maybe you can be the lucky potato this one.

Reactions: 1 users
Answered my own old question, so it's been removed.

What are they looking for in ACE-PC and TEACH-MS applicants? I assume fast learning for the first and perhaps sociability in the last, but having mis-shot at Keck, I'd like to double-check. Davis is the closest for me, so I'd love to go there.

Last edited:
Did anyone's "Secondary Application Materials Completed" section (the one with the 30 day deadline) status change after submitting the secondary? (Or did anyone receive some kind of confirmation that they've received it?) I know the deadline doesn't include LOR, but I still see a red X.

Did anyone's "Secondary Application Materials Completed" section (the one with the 30 day deadline) status change after submitting the secondary? (Or did anyone receive some kind of confirmation that they've received it?) I know the deadline doesn't include LOR, but I still see a red X.

Mine turned into a green checkmark, but only after they had received my LOR.

any CA residents still not get a secondary? haha

Reactions: 7 users
Received a complete email.

DAVIS please give me some love, you are my top school!! :love: