2017-2018 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those with IIs, has anyone tried doing the dotmets medical history, the website does not work. Does anyone know how to fix it ?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For those with IIs, has anyone tried doing the dotmets medical history, the website does not work. Does anyone know how to fix it ?
What browser are you using? I had difficulties until I switched to Google Chrome. Hope that helps

What browser are you using? I had difficulties until I switched to Google Chrome. Hope that helps
I have been using chrome, but its not working. I am going to call them tomorrow to see what to do.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have been using chrome, but its not working. I am going to call them tomorrow to see what to do.
yeah, I had to call too for assistance. They should be able to help.

II just now for September 28. Complete mid-July, 3.85/516. A little worried about the medical clearance thing but I noted my issue (asthma...) on the secondary.

Reactions: 1 users
II a few hours ago for September 21. Submitted my secondary 7/6 but my clinical recommendation letter wasn't in until 8/2. Good luck to everyone in the application/interview process!

Interview as well! I have a small dilemma though, and would appreciate a bit of help. Most of my secondary questions address the notion that I would want to serve in the Public Health Service. However, on further speculation, I realize many of the things that I wanted to do( overseas global health work, infrastructure building and primary/preventive care) would be better done with the Army rather than the PHS( which tend to either do CDC research or IHS). Thus, I was wondering if I should list the Army as my number 1 choice of service, despite my having secondary questions that solely attest to my interest in the Public Health Service? I also heard it was quite a bit less competitive than PHS, which is a bonus, as I am very committed to this track and would love to be a military doctor. Thank you!

Interview as well! I have a small dilemma though, and would appreciate a bit of help. Most of my secondary questions address the notion that I would want to serve in the Public Health Service. However, on further speculation, I realize many of the things that I wanted to do( overseas global health work, infrastructure building and primary/preventive care) would be better done with the Army rather than the PHS( which tend to either do CDC research or IHS). Thus, I was wondering if I should list the Army as my number 1 choice of service, despite my having secondary questions that solely attest to my interest in the Public Health Service? I also heard it was quite a bit less competitive than PHS, which is a bonus, as I am very committed to this track and would love to be a military doctor. Thank you!
I wouldn't think that'd be a problem as long as you explained it to them in the interview.

Should I expect a rejection now if I was completed on ~07/14 and they review applications as they are received? To clarify, I emailed a confirmation request and was told that my secondary was received and my AMCAS was verified. Sorry, feeling quite neurotic and USU is my top choice.

Should I expect a rejection now if I was completed on ~07/14 and they review applications as they are received? To clarify, I emailed a confirmation request and was told that my secondary was received and my AMCAS was verified. Sorry, feeling quite neurotic and USU is my top choice.

Nope, I was complete around then last year and did not get an II until October, I ended up getting waitlisted and never actually got in, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything for your situation. They will continue to review your app until you get an II or absolute rejection.

Congrats!

Are they sending IIs over e-mail or reaching out over the phone?
Got a two-part email! They choose your interview date but you can reschedule it if needed. I think they had about 4 interview dates per month?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! How long does it take for your application to be complete? Submitted my secondary during the first week of August.

EDIT: Finished all the paperwork for interview day (there's so much, welcome to the military), all that's left is prepare and wait for Sept. 7th!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone! How long does it take for your application to be complete? Submitted my secondary during the first week of August.

You may not get a completed email depending on your counselor. You can email your counselor for an update. There are instructions in a document on the website on how to do that.

EDIT: Finished all the paperwork for interview day (there's so much, welcome to the military), all that's left is prepare and wait for Sept. 7th!

Yo Aaron, I hate you being a Chicago kid, but I was just wondering where you found a checkoff list for all the paperwork? I feel like I have it all done (except for the 21 pages of contact info) and am just paranoid I'm missing something else. Any help would be appreciated. See you on the 7th where I may bring Shea McClellin back to re-injure you.

Yo Aaron, I hate you being a Chicago kid, but I was just wondering where you found a checkoff list for all the paperwork? I feel like I have it all done (except for the 21 pages of contact info) and am just paranoid I'm missing something else. Any help would be appreciated. See you on the 7th where I may bring Shea McClellin back to re-injure you.

There's an "Interview Day Checklist" on the interview page for everything you need to bring with you, though that doesn't include the things that need to be done in advance.

Hey guys. For those interviewing on Sept. 7th, did you get a confirmation email of any sort after submitting the Base Access SECNAV form? I submitted mine on 8/9 and haven't received a follow up about it.

There's an "Interview Day Checklist" on the interview page for everything you need to bring with you, though that doesn't include the things that need to be done in advance.

yeahhh finally found that bad boy. I guess I missed it in my frenzy trying to figure out all the paperwork that needed to be done. Thank you for your help!

Hey guys. For those interviewing on Sept. 7th, did you get a confirmation email of any sort after submitting the Base Access SECNAV form? I submitted mine on 8/9 and haven't received a follow up about it.

I literally just submitted my form today before the 2-weeks-before-interview deadline.

For the checklist - am I missing anything?

• Interview Update Sheet (on interview day)
  • Preference Statement (on interview day)
  • Lunch Form (on interview day)
  • Contact Information Update Form (on interview day)
  • Air Force Personal Information Form (if choose Air Force) (on interview day)
  • First Year Lab Coat Form (on interview day)
  • Sponsor Questionnaire (on interview day or emailed in advance)
  • Personal Data Sheet (on interview day)
  • Security Form SF-86 (Do not staple) (on interview day)
  • Passport or Birth Certificate
  • Photo I.D. (Driver’s License)
  • Students MUST schedule (but not necessarily complete) their physical examination prior to interview day and provide the date of the examination to the Office of Recruitment and Admissions on interview day.

Email in Advance
  • Host Questionnaire
  • SECNAV 55121 Form with Passphrase

The security form took longer than the time it took to apply here

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
The logistics to enter base and then SOM sounds complicated on paper, Im nervous about screwing up and showing an hour late

It's going to take me forever to put in my residences for the last 7 years.... I can't believe they won't let me use my permanent home residence. Have literally 10 addresses to put in.

found a fun fact at 12:04

For those with II, I found a video with Dr. Saguil presenting on interview day

Last edited:
It's going to take me forever to put in my residences for the last 7 years.... I can't believe they won't let me use my permanent home residence. Have literally 10 addresses to put in.
It was the same for me. If it helps, you can use the same person for "someone who knows you at this address" for all the ones in the same region. i.e. I used a friend from college for the dorm address and two apartment addresses. But definitely keep a copy of this on hand--you fill it out for interviews, take it by security for them to see if there are any concerns, and then if you get accepted, have to fill out an online version around May. If you don't have the paper copy still, it's quite a pain.

last week I got an email from the admissions committee asking me to explain why I had a subsection <125. Better than an outright rejection I suppose. Anyone else get any individual questions from them?

last week I got an email from the admissions committee asking me to explain why I had a subsection <125. Better than an outright rejection I suppose. Anyone else get any individual questions from them?

No, I did not, but that does sound like a good sign.

Hi, third-year student here. The additional questions are usually a good sign! They are making the effort to obtain more information about your application. Your answer wording will be important, and you should get back to them ASAP for best chances at an interview slot.

Hi, third-year student here. The additional questions are usually a good sign! They are making the effort to obtain more information about your application. Your answer wording will be important, and you should get back to them ASAP for best chances at an interview slot.
totally agree! I submitted a quality response later that day.

For the secondary essays, do you think it is fine to just say "USUHS" when I am referring to the school?

Hey all! I'm about to be an MS1 at USUHS. Navy student, currently at Officer Development School (ODS). If you have any questions about the application process, interview, second look, the school, ODS, etc...I'm happy to help!
You get internet access there? haha

is your 3rd and 4th year being spent/going to be spent outside of USUHS?

Depends is the best way to answer this. MS2s will get lottery times to choose rotation sites. Depending on some luck and planning you can stay around the Capitol Region for most of 3rd/4th years or not. I spent 3-4 weeks out of this year at USUHS and that was only for testing and training purposes.

Depends is the best way to answer this. MS2s will get lottery times to choose rotation sites. Depending on some luck and planning you can stay around the Capitol Region for most of 3rd/4th years or not. I spent 3-4 weeks out of this year at USUHS and that was only for testing and training purposes.

I'm guessing West coast is popular? That also must means the campus is mainly MS1 and MS2?

Last edited:
@purplefrog13 what was your mindset behind doing Navy?

@cardio7 is your 3rd and 4th year being spent/going to be spent outside of USUHS?
Mostly, yes. As Lobster described above we're spread across the country for clerkships starting in January of MS2 year. My current rotations are in the MD/VA region, San Antonio, and Hawaii. We return to campus every 3 rotations for a week of written/practical exams followed by a week of leave/vacation. 4th year is a mix of interview rotations, electives, and required sub-internships that we will be scheduling shortly.

Got an email today saying "Haven't heard back from you... please send confirmation for interview..." Had what appeared to be a heart attack.

Turns out I just don't get automated messages from USUHS. Thanks AMCAS.

II on 8/18, confirmed yesterday. Finally :beaver:

Reactions: 3 users
@purplefrog13 what was your mindset behind doing Navy?

My dad and grandfather were both Navy (20 and 30 years). I like the water. I would rather be in the middle of the ocean than the middle of a desert. The bases are generally in nice locations. I actually like the opportunity to get operational experience with flight med/dive med/GMO. Not too complicated.

Interview Invite!! Agh, so excited! Complete early July.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II!!! All my forms and secondary were in way early but AMCAS wasn't verified til July 26th.

First II here yesterday! Complete early-mid July.