2017-2018 Tulane University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waiting for that lil green check mark

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To those that received II: do you have study abroad/volunteer abroad and/or Peace Corps, Teach for America experience?
None of those, but have been barking up that tree pretty aggressively since 2014. Persistence ftw.

II this morning :) 2nd completed July 11 (w/ casper)

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone still not have a secondary?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone with II already!!! Would any of you lucky lads or ladies mind sharing your stats?

Does it take long for Tulane to receive letters of rec? I thought they'd be there automatically with my AMCAS primary.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the questions "List any leadership positions, in clubs or organizations, you may have held during college" and "Please list your hobbies and major non-academic interests", are people also adding in a description if the activity or does the school just purely want us to list?

For the questions "List any leadership positions, in clubs or organizations, you may have held during college" and "Please list your hobbies and major non-academic interests", are people also adding in a description if the activity or does the school just purely want us to list?

I added a very brief description (like 1 sentence for each) because why else give us the same word limit as other questions? But on the other hand, "list" generally can mean just list out. I hope they won't penalize anyone either way because what a silly thing to mark against someone.

II!!! 9/28. Who wants to split a car and hotel?! Lol!

I sleep early and we can mock interview each other.

Edit: just saw that they offer student housing for interviews. Okay, splitting the car is still on! So are the mock interviews haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
It's been a couple of hours and still not received, think it's worth emailing admissions?
for a secondary? might as well. they're supposed to be sent to all applicants anyway.

edit: just realized you meant your LORs, worth a shot though.

green check mark after completion! Here's hoping for some good news within a few days :xf:

pls smile upon me green checkmark gods :bucktooth:

Reactions: 2 users
I feel this on such a level rn. The red exclamation point is haunting my dreams.

When did y'all submit your secondaries? Mine was complete by 7/17. Still have a red checkmark as well. :( Wasn't sure if there is an approximate number of days it takes to go from red--> green.

When did y'all submit your secondaries? Mine was complete by 7/17. Still have a red checkmark as well. :( Wasn't sure if there is an approximate number of days it takes to go from red--> green.
Mine was complete late Saturday night, so technically early Sunday morning lol 07/16 at like 1:30am

I was complete on 7/15, received a check today, so about a 4 day turnaround (2 business days)

Is anyone having trouble copy pasting essays from word? when i do that its not showing up

Is anyone having trouble copy pasting essays from word? when i do that its not showing up

I had some trouble, yeah. What I found is that you have to copy your answer sentence by sentence, especially if you're close to the word count. I also found there was a discrepancy between the Microsoft word count and the word count on the application.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You're over the character count. Word underestimates (or the website overestimates? not sure) the count. I recommend going sentence by sentence until it won't let you add anymore, then downsizing from there to finish it up.

Last edited:
Congrats! When are the interview dates?
Edit: Previous post was with another school in mind :p

My interview is Oct. 2 for Tulane. The earliest interviews were in September. Not sure what date but I believe they were being offered from M-Th.

Congrats to all of you getting IIs! It is getting me pumped . . . I may have a chance here! Complete 7-16 :xf:.

Submitted 7/10 and no II yet. I know it's early, and I know I'm not supposed to worry, but damn me if I'm not lol

Reactions: 1 users
For the question about AmeriCorps/Peace Corps/TfA, is we are starting this month, is it appropriate to answer yes?

For the question about AmeriCorps/Peace Corps/TfA, is we are starting this month, is it appropriate to answer yes?
Considering they probably wont review it until you're actually starting, i would say yes if it were me

Super excited for all of you with IIs! Hopefully you can be excited for me too ONCE I RECEIVE MY SECONDARY CMON TULANE YOURE KILLING ME HERE.

seriously though congrats to all who received IIs

Reactions: 4 users
Completed application 7/12
II 7/18

So excited for my first interview invite!!

Reactions: 2 users
When it says to "Please list your hobbies and major non-academic interests" are volunteering experiences considered non-academic? Or nah?

When it says to "Please list your hobbies and major non-academic interests" are volunteering experiences considered non-academic? Or nah?

No. I'd interpret this question as "What do you do for fun? What things do you enjoy doing?" as things outside of doing for the sake of medical school admissions

No. I'd interpret this question as "What do you do for fun? What things do you enjoy doing?" as things outside of doing for the sake of medical school admissions
I literally hangout with friends for fun...no real hobbies, damn I am boring af

FYI maybe i just missed it in this thread but theres an additional question I didnt know about ahead of time:

"Are you participating or have you participated in a study abroad program at your university?
Yes No
Please give a short description"

Just got that sweet sweet lil green check mark. Aight let the games begin. !!!

Reactions: 3 users
First II! Super stoked. Seems like there are only times for late September and on. I booked mine for the beginning of October.

Canadian applicant, applied last year. Received my secondary on July 10, application complete on July 12, and got the green checkmark sometime on Friday I think.
Did you interview last year? I wonder how they consider re-applicants. /: