2017-2018 Tulane University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do all applicants get secondary? I still didn't get mine...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the secondary and then turned it around and submitted! Seriously I'm psyched that they had a section for Eagle Scouts finally got to use it for something!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm fairly sure all applicants get a secondary from Tulane. But check their MSAR just in case. I know that they were having issues receiving some primaries from AMCAS which is why it's taking so long for some people.

Damn like 10 people have gotten IIs and I'm just sitting here praying to sweet baby Jesus for a secondary

Yeah for the list the hobbies and non-academic interests are we listing or are we writing a paragraph about a few?

I've generally been told that by list they literally mean list.

Yeah for the list the hobbies and non-academic interests are we listing or are we writing a paragraph about a few?

I've generally been told that by list they literally mean list.
Eh, I wrote a few concise sentences. I doubt they'll be like "SENTENCES??? IN MY HOUSE??? I NEEDED A LIST"

Reactions: 2 users
Eh, I wrote a few concise sentences. I doubt they'll be like "SENTENCES??? IN MY HOUSE??? I NEEDED A LIST"

Yeah lol, I could "list" like 10-15 things, or I could talk concisely about 2 or 3 things.

Reactions: 1 user
What did people say to the question about if you identify as any underrepresented? I don't....so should I leave that essay blank because it says optional, or do I write "I do not believe I idenitfy as any sort of underrepresented group in medicine."

Thoughts? Thank you!

What did people say to the question about if you identify as any underrepresented? I don't....so should I leave that essay blank because it says optional, or do I write "I do not believe I idenitfy as any sort of underrepresented group in medicine."

Thoughts? Thank you!
Left it blank, still let me submit without a problem.

Got the II a couple days ago. Super excited...I've always wanted to visit New Orleans. Tulane has been a dream school for years. Any other II not do CASPer? I didn't and wonder if I should before my interview in September.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the II a couple days ago. Super excited...I've always wanted to visit New Orleans. Tulane has been a dream school for years. Any other II not do CASPer? I didn't and wonder if I should before my interview in September.

When was your secondary considered complete? Are you OOS? or IS? Just wondering what the turn around is for us early applicants. I submitted and was considered complete yesterday.

The cajun lords haven't graced me with a secondary yet, damn.

I need to up my sacrifice game.

When was your secondary considered complete? Are you OOS? or IS? Just wondering what the turn around is for us early applicants. I submitted and was considered complete yesterday.
The turnaround time for me was about four days from complete status. I submitted my primary 6/1 and submitted the secondary the same day I received it, so I think I was super early.

For anyone using fee assistance, please know that Tulane reduces the fee and does not waive it completely.

So would it be inappropriate to ask admissions if they received my AMCAS or about the secondary? Or should I just contain myself and be patient and wait for them to figure their system out? lol

So would it be inappropriate to ask admissions if they received my AMCAS or about the secondary? Or should I just contain myself and be patient and wait for them to figure their system out? lol
lol maybe be patient a few more days? I didnt get a secondary til yesterday.

Last edited:

I got an II on Friday and haven't done CASPer. I'm taking mine on 7/26 though, so plenty of time before the interview.

Checking in with lack of secondary as well! D: Any idea if they're being in-state exclusive this year??

Posting to follow this thread, need secondary ASAP, was complete 6/2...

Checking in with lack of secondary as well! D: Any idea if they're being in-state exclusive this year??
I'm OOS and verified 6/2 and just got the secondary on Saturday.

Can someone comment on whether or not I have a shot?
LizzyM 67, low MCAT with 124 CARS
strong ECs
CANADIAN <-- my biggest problem

Did it take anyone a while for Tulane to receive their letters?

Hi everyone! Congrats to those of you who have already received IIs-that is amazing!! Question for you guys though-did you already take the CASper test/does Tulane already have the feedback from that? Or are they sending out invites prior to having that info?
I didn't take casper and I don't plan to. submitted primary 6/1, submitted secondary on 7/4, got the invite 7/14.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

To those that received II: do you have study abroad/volunteer abroad and/or Peace Corps, Teach for America experience?

First II! Super stoked. Seems like there are only times for late September and on. I booked mine for the beginning of October.

Canadian applicant, applied last year. Received my secondary on July 10, application complete on July 12, and got the green checkmark sometime on Friday I think.

My first II! Holy cow so excited!!

Secondary submitted 7/10. LizzyM 67.2 but not entirely reflective because of strong upward trend and good ECs. Good luck everybody!!
Did you send complete the CASPER tests. Tulane is the only school that has it for me and it is optional so Im on the fence.

To anyone who still hasn't received a secondary, email "[email protected]" and let them know when you were verified and your AMCAS ID. They'll send one to you automatically!

got my II today too!!! so excited to visit New Orleans. LizzyM 65 with some good research and EC's.

Did you send complete the CASPER tests. Tulane is the only school that has it for me and it is optional so Im on the fence.

I took the CASPER on July 9th and sent it to Tulane, so you probably should do it.

got my II today too!!! so excited to visit New Orleans. LizzyM 65 with some good research and EC's.

I took the CASPER on July 9th and sent it to Tulane, so you probably should do it.

Congrats on the II!! When was your secondary complete by?