2017-2018 Tulane University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Retroactively added Tulane yesterday, hope this doesn't end up putting me too far behind.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I've still got nothing and it's mildly irritating since I submitted 2 minutes after AMCAS was open for submissions for this sole purpose.
Same I verified June 2nd and Tulane has still sent me nothing.

I have not received one either yet. When you were verified is irrelevant, as long as it was before June 30th (that is when schools got verified apps)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I've still got nothing and it's mildly irritating since I submitted 2 minutes after AMCAS was open for submissions for this sole purpose.

same here! Really like Tulane and think I may fit well, but still haven't received a secondary :(

same here! Really like Tulane and think I may fit well, but still haven't received a secondary :(

Keep waiting. I just got mine today, several days after others.

Secondary submitted!

I like that they have an option to be put in contact with someone else who identifies as underrepresented. That means a lot to me.

::edit:: Complete at 0230

Last edited:
Hey, so I've seen this at some other schools and wanted to know if it was the same with Tulane - are we not considered "complete" until they receive our CASPer scores? Thanks in advance!

Anyone still missing a secondary??

Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My primary was verified a month ago, but I just received Tulane's secondary this morning

Just received a II invite!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got a II!! I'm on cloud 9 right now!! So early and one of my top choices. Can't wait to go back to NOLA!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got a II!! I'm on cloud 9 right now!! So early and one of my top choices. Can't wait to go back to NOLA!
Congrats! Super excited for you!

When did you submit your secondary? And if you don't mind sharing your stats?

Reactions: 1 user
dangittt Tulane where is my secondary!! show me some loveee

Reactions: 4 users
For those that got an interview: congrats! What are your guys/gals' stats? I'm just so confused right now bc I thought I would be a perfect fit, but haven't even received a secondary. Submitted first day AMCAS opened, have tons of volunteering + clinical service.

I submitted the secondary on the 3rd, 3.9 GPA, 519 MCAT

Congrats! Super excited for you!

When did you submit your secondary? And if you don't mind sharing your stats?
Thanks so much! Quick turnaround for me. Secondary submitted 7/3. My MCAT is what SDN would consider an underdog but 3.85 s/cGPa
Lizzy M 66.5

Thanks so much! Quick turnaround for me. Secondary submitted 7/3. My MCAT is what SDN would consider an underdog but 3.85 s/cGPa
Lizzy M 66.5
Good for you, and best of luck on your interview

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

Thank you, I appreciate the support!! Hope you get great news throughout the cycle and kill it! Still very early in the game!

Just spoke to Mike over at Tulane, they've had trouble with AMCAS sending over the primaries, apparently some weird glitch in their system. They're working on figuring it out but will get the secondaries out as soon as they fix the glitch. He was really nice over the phone, I'm sure they're doing what they can!

Shoutout to the people who received secondaries and interviews already. Congratulations peeps:highfive:

Reactions: 5 users
My first II! Holy cow so excited!!

Secondary submitted 7/10. LizzyM 67.2 but not entirely reflective because of strong upward trend and good ECs. Good luck everybody!!

Reactions: 3 users
Secondary submitted 7/4. LizzyM 68, strong EC, +2,000 hrs of research (forgot to add), and 1.5 yrs of working in the medical field after graduation.
Scheduled my interview for 10/2.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
For those that got an interview: congrats! What are your guys/gals' stats? I'm just so confused right now bc I thought I would be a perfect fit, but haven't even received a secondary. Submitted first day AMCAS opened, have tons of volunteering + clinical service.

Me too, but we gotta keep our heads up. Its still early!

Good for you, and best of luck on your interview

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile
Lizzy M 66.5

Congrats! I am happy to see they are being holistic with their process!!!! I think I have a strong app except for my MCAT so definitely hoping for some love here.

meanwhile, those still waiting for a secondary

Attachments

• tumblr_o9cyuusfX91ud1w70o5_540.jpg
    tumblr_o9cyuusfX91ud1w70o5_540.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: 10 users
Just spoke to Mike over at Tulane, they've had trouble with AMCAS sending over the primaries, apparently some weird glitch in their system. They're working on figuring it out but will get the secondaries out as soon as they fix the glitch. He was really nice over the phone, I'm sure they're doing what they can!

Shoutout to the people who received secondaries and interviews already. Congratulations peeps:highfive:
ohhh noooooooooo as if this process wasn't stressful enough! lol

Still waiting for that secondary! Praying to the Cajun gods.

Still waiting for that secondary! Praying to the Cajun gods.
praying to the wrong gods, 'sha. Cajuns aren't from New Orleans. But I'm sure they're looking out for you and would cook you a big big pot of gumbo if they could.

Got my interview invite today too. Lizzy score is 69. Good luck to everyone applying

Hi everyone! Congrats to those of you who have already received IIs-that is amazing!! Question for you guys though-did you already take the CASper test/does Tulane already have the feedback from that? Or are they sending out invites prior to having that info?

Just FYI, if you've already graduated from college there is another prompt:

What have you been pursuing since graduation? (150 words)

@gyngyn

Nothing you're not prepared for, just so you won't be surprised ;)

For y'all who got an II (congrats!!), did any of you notice how many days you had the final green check mark before you actually heard from them? Mine is still red now but just want to be mentally prepared~

Hi everyone! Congrats to those of you who have already received IIs-that is amazing!! Question for you guys though-did you already take the CASper test/does Tulane already have the feedback from that? Or are they sending out invites prior to having that info?

Hi there, I took the CASper test on 7/9 so they definitely do not have my scores yet. Pretty sure they are sending them prior to receiving (if you chose to send them the scores).

Finally received the secondary. (I am with the rest of you who were verified on or around June 1st, and confused why no secondary until now). The email stated that Tulane has been "notified by AMCAS that you intend to submit an application for admissions to Tulane University School of Medicine's entering Class of 2018." This makes me feel like somehow they still don't actually have my AMCAS...

Finally got a secondary. Let's rock n roll

Do you guys recommend sending Tulane my CASPer scores? I took it on the 9th, but wasn't confident in my answers at all to be honest. I sent the scores only to schools that require them, NYMC and Rosalind.

Suggestions?