2017-2018 Touro University - California Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Touro University California

College of Osteopathic Medicine

Please draft responses to the questions/prompts below, then save and upload your responses as a single document for inclusion with your supplemental application.

Responses to the following should be limited to 250 words or less:

· Within the last seven years, do you have any academic or legal records available under a different name? If yes, please provide any additional names under which your academic records may be listed.

· Are you a re-applicant who has previously interviewed? If yes, what was the result of that interview and what changes, if any, have you made which should affect a different outcome?

· What is the size of your home town or area – 2,500 to 10,000, 10,000 to 50,000, 50,000 to 100,000, 100,000 to 500,000, 500,000 to 1,000,000+), or Other (please specify)?

· Do you have any relative who is an Osteopathic Physician? Please list their name, relationship to you, COM attended, and year of graduation.

· Please list your favorite hobbies and/or non-academic pursuits.

· Within the last three years, please provide the name of previous employers, your occupation(s), and the duration(s) of your employment.

· Within the last three years, have you been engaged in any volunteer experiences? Please include the type of experience, sponsor, duration, and position.

· Within the last five years, what awards or recognitions (academic or other) have you received?

· Why have you chosen to apply to the TUC College of Osteopathic Medicine?

· Why should the Committee accept you into this year’s class?

Responses to the following should be limited to 500 words or less:

· Please describe the personal characteristics you possess and the life experiences you have had that would contribute to your success at becoming an outstanding Osteopathic Physician. Please include information that will enable the Admissions Committee to understand your unique qualities.

· Please describe your exposure to and understanding of Osteopathic Medicine. Content may include your initial introduction to the profession, its history, use in medical practice today, or any other aspects that may highlight Osteopathic Medicine’s uniqueness and synergy with your envisioned future practice of medicine.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
@chizledfrmstone

Touro University California

College of Osteopathic Medicine

Please draft responses to the questions/prompts below, then save and upload your responses as a single document for inclusion with your supplemental application.

Responses to the following should be limited to 250 words or less:

· Within the last seven years, do you have any academic or legal records available under a different name? If yes, please provide any additional names under which your academic records may be listed.

· Are you a re-applicant who has previously interviewed? If yes, what was the result of that interview and what changes, if any, have you made which should affect a different outcome?

· What is the size of your home town or area – 2,500 to 10,000, 10,000 to 50,000, 50,000 to 100,000, 100,000 to 500,000, 500,000 to 1,000,000+), or Other (please specify)?

· Do you have any relative who is an Osteopathic Physician? Please list their name, relationship to you, COM attended, and year of graduation.

· Please list your favorite hobbies and/or non-academic pursuits.

· Within the last three years, please provide the name of previous employers, your occupation(s), and the duration(s) of your employment.

· Within the last three years, have you been engaged in any volunteer experiences? Please include the type of experience, sponsor, duration, and position.

· Within the last five years, what awards or recognitions (academic or other) have you received?

· Why have you chosen to apply to the TUC College of Osteopathic Medicine?

· Why should the Committee accept you into this year’s class?

Responses to the following should be limited to 500 words or less:

· Please describe the personal characteristics you possess and the life experiences you have had that would contribute to your success at becoming an outstanding Osteopathic Physician. Please include information that will enable the Admissions Committee to understand your unique qualities.

· Please describe your exposure to and understanding of Osteopathic Medicine. Content may include your initial introduction to the profession, its history, use in medical practice today, or any other aspects that may highlight Osteopathic Medicine’s uniqueness and synergy with your envisioned future practice of medicine.

Last edited:
Did anyone else receive the email that they're processing apps?

Members don't see this ad :)
Since they don't have a character/word countdown, I wonder how strict they are on the word limit

Do you think it's okay to put TUC COM as short for TUC College of Osteopathic Medicine on the secondary essay?

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary! Is anyone else's "Legal Terms" page bugging out? The save buttons don't work.

Mine also isn't working. I submitted a technical help request just now.

"We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with the application system. We expect to have this matter resolved early next week. Any submission deadline missed as a result of this error will be extended. We apologize for any inconvenience"

"We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with the application system. We expect to have this matter resolved early next week. Any submission deadline missed as a result of this error will be extended. We apologize for any inconvenience"

I went back and checked the application today (7/5) and it is working again. You should be able to submit now! :)

This is a beast of a secondary. Gonna need 2 days to do all these questions dayum.

What does this question asking and how is it different from "why Touro"?

" Why should the Committee accept you into this year’s class?"

What does this question asking and how is it different from "why Touro"?

" Why should the Committee accept you into this year’s class?"
I think the "why should we accept you" is kind of up to you as far as how you want to answer it. I took it as an opportunity to show what sets me apart from other people. Like when it's all said and done and assuming you've interviewed there, why should the admissions committee accept you over someone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Submitted my primary AACOMAS last Friday but still haven't received anything yet. How long does it normally take to receive a secondary from Touro?

Submitted my primary AACOMAS last Friday but still haven't received anything yet. How long does it normally take to receive a secondary from Touro?

Not too long, I got mine after three business days. My guess is you should get one very soon.

Just got a message that Touro has received my primary AACOMAS app. Does it really take 10-15 days to receive a secondary?

Just got a message that Touro has received my primary AACOMAS app. Does it really take 10-15 days to receive a secondary?

For me it didn't. Got the primary email and received the secondary 2 hours later

When did you submit your app?

My app was approved on 7/8 but didn't actually apply to this school until 7/14. However, I got my last LOR in today and hours later I got the first email for them. I know they screen for secondaries so maybe they review your app in its entirety and then send you one. Just my guess tho

My app was approved on 7/8 but didn't actually apply to this school until 7/14. However, I got my last LOR in today and hours later I got the first email for them. I know they screen for secondaries so maybe they review your app in its entirety and then send you one. Just my guess tho
Good to know! Thank you for sharing :) Good luck!!

"Recommendations: Previously submitted through CAS or other third party agencies need not be uploaded here, just add the provider(s) names and requisite details save and proceed."

What does this mean?

Still haven't received anything and guessing it's starting to be a peak season?

Hmmm I mean its definitely getting to that time of year. As long as it's not passed the 15 day mark I wouldn't worry, I think I just got lucky

The secondary email says they screen. Any idea what their parameters are, and roughly how many applicants got a secondary last year?

How did you all format your response? Did you include the questions and just write beneath?

I just got a shadowing opportunity with a physician who went here. This would be my first solo official shadow of a DO. How do I let touro know, along with maybe my other schools that I applied too? Do I update my AACOMAS?

Any updates on interview invites?

II!! Email

76.9% for II/submitted DO secondaries. You know what that is, fourandtwo? a C. Better luck next year!

But really, congrats on the options you have set up for yourself! You have got to be a good writer.