2017-2018 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine - New York (TouroCOM-NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+3, anybody got a spare 200 bucks just sitting around I can barrow?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Remove the space at the beginning of the link. just fixed it for me.

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck guys! Hopefully we are all in the same wave and all get IIs

Not paying $200 for just a secondary, that is ridiculous lmao.

Reactions: 2 users
So we don't upload the personal essay onto the electronic application we just only send it to them via email correct?

EDIT: Oops.

Jut got secondary, submitting later tonight!

hey guys Im having trouble find the essay questions for the secondary, can someone help? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone paste their essay into the text box and submit the form as one document or did you break it into two and send them as separate documents?

Did everyone paste their essay into the text box and submit the form as one document or did you break it into two and send them as separate documents?
They asked for two documents, so I sent them as two. One word document with my name & AACOMAS ID in the header, and the other their .pdf file with my information

hey guys Im having trouble find the essay questions for the secondary, can someone help? Thanks

Here it is:

"On a separate word document, please discuss how your background, experience or academic program has prepared you for meeting Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Mission, Goals, or Objectives. Consider addressing a few areas: Why Osteopathic Medicine: Have you been exposed to a diverse environment? How did you contribute? How have your academic background and personal experiences prepared you for medical school? How were you influenced by a shadowing Experience?"

They asked for two documents, so I sent them as two. One word document with my name & AACOMAS ID in the header, and the other their .pdf file with my information

Thank you!

Does anyone know how many interview invites they typical give out?

Do they prescreen? Their website says there is a MCAT threshold however I can't find what that number is? I'm kind of assuming 500, that's the threshold for the California campus but also don't want to assume anything. $200 is a lot for a secondary!

Hey you guys I'm really confused,

We just have to copy and paste our original personal statement onto their supplemental app, right?
ORRRR do we have to send in a second response that corresponds to the "On a separate word document, please discuss..."

thank you thank you thank you so much!

Hey you guys I'm really confused,

We just have to copy and paste our original personal statement onto their supplemental app, right?
ORRRR do we have to send in a second response that corresponds to the "On a separate word document, please discuss..."

thank you thank you thank you so much!
Send as two, it is what they requested in the email as well

Been accepted to BCOM and thinking about not submitting the secondary here...any compelling reasons to cough up $200 and potentially interview costs here when I already have an acceptance somewhere else?

Been accepted to BCOM and thinking about not submitting the secondary here...any compelling reasons to cough up $200 and potentially interview costs here when I already have an acceptance somewhere else?
Unless you really want to go to this school I would say no

for folks who already submitted a TUNCOM secondary, are you identifying yourselves as previous applicants?

Have you previously applied to a Touro program?*

I thought I saw something that indicated we should indicate we are previous applicants but now I can't find it.

The only big difference is BCOM does not have access to federal loans while Touro does.

Got the complete email a little bit ago! Hoping for good news in the next few weeks!

Wow. That was quick.
They are in my top 4, so I sent back my secondary within an hour of their email to try and be one of the first applications they reviewed. My guess you will be getting the email soon Bears, you submitted only a few hours after me

Unless you really want to go to this school I would say no

The only big difference is BCOM does not have access to federal loans while Touro does.

I guess the big question for me is this: Is there any other factor besides loan issues that makes Touro NY stand out over BCOM? Do they have a substantial advantage on anything educationally relevant? (like board scores, rotation quality, matching, etc)

Because if location and federal loan eligibility are the only things going for Touro NY, then I'd rather save the money.

Not really sure if I want to submit this secondary.. I have 6 II's and $200 seems really steep for a secondary fee... Any thoughts?

Not really sure if I want to submit this secondary.. I have 6 II's and $200 seems really steep for a secondary fee... Any thoughts?
I guess it depends on where you have IIs at, and whether or not you really want to go to Touro. Based on your signature you've applied everywhere, so you just want to get in and don't have a regional preference I'm guessing? If that's the case then I would save the money for travel expenses. Good luck! :)

Does anyone know how we can copy paste a word document to the secondary form?

Does anyone know how we can copy paste a word document to the secondary form?
You submit a second document that is your essay (I also tried to copy and paste into the essay space and it didn't work). The way I did it was:

1) Filled out all the electronic info, pay the $200 and submit
2) Fill out the first page of the PDF about school location
3) Make a work document with the essay
4) Email #2 and #3 to the admissions email address.

You submit a second document that is your essay (I also tried to copy and paste into the essay space and it didn't work). The way I did it was:

1) Filled out all the electronic info, pay the $200 and submit
2) Fill out the first page of the PDF about school location
3) Make a work document with the essay
4) Email #2 and #3 to the admissions email address.
Yep, that's what I did too. Did you get a complete email back Bears?

Is there a word/character limit?

Formally withdrew my application from Touro-NY instead of paying and submitting the secondary.

Good luck to everyone still interested with the process, but please be aware of the remarkably poor performance on COMLEX II and III (Outcomes).

So if all of our letters of rec are uploaded to AACOMAS, do we have to do anything else for Touro?

Edit: never mind. Their email directions are so long and confusing.

Formally withdrew my application from Touro-NY instead of paying and submitting the secondary.

Good luck to everyone still interested with the process, but please be aware of the remarkably poor performance on COMLEX II and III (Outcomes).
Ouch. I wonder why they present the data like that. Seems like it would better for them to have the y axis start at zero.

Ouch. I wonder why they present the data like that. Seems like it would better for them to have the y axis start at zero.
Yeah seriously, they need someone with more statistical analysis skills making the graph. 89% pass isn't that bad, but it makes it look like 50%

I personally know someone who graduated from Touro and he just matched to Opthamology (sp?) and his good friend matched to Orthopaedics!

Anyone know why I keep getting e-mails for the Fall '17 Touro Loan Options from Simpletuition.com?

I just submitted my secondary last Sunday, wondering why I'm not getting bombarded with these emails lol

Anyone know why I keep getting e-mails for the Fall '17 Touro Loan Options from Simpletuition.com?

I just submitted my secondary last Sunday, wondering why I'm not getting bombarded with these emails lol
Maybe applicants need to take out loans to pay the whooping secondary fee.

Maybe applicants need to take out loans to pay the whooping secondary fee.

Understandable, but why for Fall '17? I wouldn't go until Fall '18... and I haven't gotten these emails for any other school.