2017-2018 Texas A&M Health Science Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok, but then why would they cancel Temple. I would have no trouble getting there and they weren't affected at all by Harvey.

My only explanation is that they know it may be difficult for some Houston area people to get there. Obviously, a lot of people from Houston area are going to be interviewing at other schools. I am just trying to find out the reasoning for Temple canceling, but not other TMDSAS schools.
A&M cares about its student body and it's future students. A&M closed a couple of campuses because of Harvey. College stations was closed yesterday and still is today. They had sent us an email stating that they would like for students to email their professors if they are stuck in areas they could not get away from. They want their students safe and not traveling during these floods. They may be doing the same for students interviewing.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just now received an II. My app was transmitted end of July, I took the end of July CASPer test, and my secondary has been completed since early July. My LizzyM is ~70, I'm in-state, non-trad, non-URM. Also, there was only one interview date (for me to sign up for), September 21.

Reactions: 2 users
Just now received an II. My app was transmitted end of July, I took the end of July CASPer test, and my secondary has been completed since early July. My LizzyM is ~70, I'm in-state, non-trad, non-URM. Also, there was only one interview date (for me to sign up for), September 21.

Congratulations!! thanks for all the info!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In my city, getting gas in the early morning has been doable. My parents said lines weren't too bad today in the afternoon, maybe because most people have filled up on Thursday and/or people heard about the long lines from yesterday and are hesitant to wait in them. I hope y'all can make it, whichever dates you interview on.

oh shoot i just realized this is a and m lmao; I meant i got houston next friday :( i need around 20 gallons for the round trip where im from :(

oh shoot i just realized this is a and m lmao; I meant i got houston next friday :( i need around 20 gallons for the round trip where im from :(
no big deal, go get 10 gas cans. this is a med school interview, ....any...thing...it....takes....

no big deal, go get 10 gas cans. this is a med school interview, ....any...thing...it....takes....

lol yeah ive just been using the texas gas station tracker; it seems to not be that bad right now, I'm hoping it gets better by next week

Members don't see this ad :)
II today for 9/21/17 only date offered
LizzyM 67 URM
Primary Transmitted: 6/23/17
Secondary Submitted: 7/6/17

II today for 9/21/17 only date offered
LizzyM 67 URM
Primary Transmitted: 6/23/17
Secondary Submitted: 7/6/17
So jealous! Congratulations! You got this!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Awesome! Congrats. Do you mind sharing your stats/LizzyM and ORM/URM, and what dates they offered?

Yup. LizzyM ~70 and ORM. They only offered me one date at the end of this month and they chose the campus for me (there's a Bryan campus and a Temple campus).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yup. LizzyM ~70 and ORM. They only offered me one date at the end of this month and they chose the campus for me (there's a Bryan campus and a Temple campus).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

BTW..if you have a legitimate reason like transportation they will change the campus if you ask

wait,

so if i haven't done casper yet then my application isn't under review?

I think they are reviewing applications without casper. My portal status was switched to "under review" before I completed casper. From what I understand, they aren't using it for decision making this cycle. I would still do it asap just in case...

Thank you based god. I finished the secondary sometime early August, but signed up for the CASPer 9/17 (work full time, Hurricane Harvey). Thought I really screwed myself over here.

I've had casper done since july and still no II :p

Looking at this thread, and more globally, it seems that applicants with high stats are getting II's and interviewing now.

For the rest of us, looks like we'll have to wait. See you all in October, or November (hopefully).

I'm LizzyM = 76 lol (i know its not high in sdn terms but id think in A&M terms?)

Should I be concerned if my CASPer isn't showing up on my secondary application status even though I took it early August?

Should I be concerned if my CASPer isn't showing up on my secondary application status even though I took it early August?

I heard they will consider you as long as you're registered/taken it. They don't care so much about scores this cycle.

II today around 5! LizzyM 69.2 or something. Assigned for October 12th

I have a few questions, if any current students would be willing to answer. I would greatly appreciate your help!

1. With the different tracks, what are the opportunities for research? For example, if you leave College Station/Bryan what research opportunities are there for medical students?

2. What volunteer opportunities are there? Again, if you leave College Station/Bryan does A&M still offer opportunities to volunteer with underserved populations? For example BCM medical students can sign up to work at Healthcare for the Homeless Houston.

3. Can anyone speak to the Round Rock area? Would that track allow medical students exposure to rural students?

I have a few questions, if any current students would be willing to answer. I would greatly appreciate your help!

1. With the different tracks, what are the opportunities for research? For example, if you leave College Station/Bryan what research opportunities are there for medical students?

2. What volunteer opportunities are there? Again, if you leave College Station/Bryan does A&M still offer opportunities to volunteer with underserved populations? For example BCM medical students can sign up to work at Healthcare for the Homeless Houston.

3. Can anyone speak to the Round Rock area? Would that track allow medical students exposure to rural students?

1. Lots. Especially in Temple, Dallas, or Houston. Find a faculty member at any campus and ask what projects they have and how you can get involved.

2. Again, lots. There are free clinics in both Temple and College Station, and the larger cities have volunteer opportunities out the wazoo.

3. If you want rural medicine, your best bet is Temple, but you can do rotations anywhere in the system from any campus. You are not going to get it in Round Rock.

1. Lots. Especially in Temple, Dallas, or Houston. Find a faculty member at any campus and ask what projects they have and how you can get involved.

2. Again, lots. There are free clinics in both Temple and College Station, and the larger cities have volunteer opportunities out the wazoo.

3. If you want rural medicine, your best bet is Temple, but you can do rotations anywhere in the system from any campus. You are not going to get it in Round Rock.

Thanks for your help! How do A&M students typically do on Step? What residencies are most popular with the students? Also, could you tell me which tracks are the most competitive?

Thanks for your help! How do A&M students typically do on Step? What residencies are most popular with the students? Also, could you tell me which tracks are the most competitive?

You expect a student on SDN to have good answers to those? Ask on your interview day if you have one. Most I can tell you is that I think c/o 2019s average was around 235, and that all tracks are equally competitive, considering you can do electives at any other track you want.

You expect a student on SDN to have good answers to those? Ask on your interview day if you have one. Most I can tell you is that I think c/o 2019s average was around 235, and that all tracks are equally competitive, considering you can do electives at any other track you want.

At the interview, the class of 19 step average was 229

I do expect sdn to have a decent answer... and i was right

but thanks for your condescension u charming lil man

Reactions: 6 users
I've dealt with neurotic pre med questions for over three years now. I answered ones I could, and said find out the others at your interview. Good luck: I'm not the one who threw insults here, but I'm sure that attitude will do very well for you.

I've dealt with neurotic pre med questions for over three years now. I answered ones I could, and said find out the others at your interview. Good luck: I'm not the one who threw insults here, but I'm sure that attitude will do very well for you.
Calm down y'all. Both of y'all are nice people

so far it's done me pretty darn good thank ya

Did anyone interviewing this coming Thursday not get a host assignment yet, despite signing up for one?

I forgot that A&M doesn't send secondaries, do you think its too late isn't the cycle to apply since it closes on the 29th?

I forgot that A&M doesn't send secondaries, do you think its too late isn't the cycle to apply since it closes on the 29th?

The deadline to submit your TMDSAS primary is end of september, and the deadline for A&M secondary is later than that I believe. Just send it in. You have nothing to lose except for the money that it costs to submit. I know people in previous cycles who had files complete in late september and still did pretty well interview wise. Just get it in today or ASAP!

But you know A&M HAS a secondary, right? They just don't send you a special email to fill one out. The deadline for application submission is 9/29.

But you know A&M HAS a secondary, right? They just don't send you a special email to fill one out. The deadline for application submission is 9/29.

I figured that out about 2 days ago *face palm*

For some reason I thought it was like Long or UTMB Galveston.

Can someone talk about the AIM rotation program? What are its pros and cons? Is it for students interested in only certain specialties? I'm a little confused about the different rotations and the disparities between all of them.