2017-2018 Stanford University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay... Really weird. There must be some technical difficulties occurring. I never received an email invitation but as able to make an account and access the secondary.I Think this indicates that an invitation was sent but I did not receive it... (?)

Check the portal guys!
For those who have received an email, does the email say anything about a deadline thirty days after receiving the email or anything like that?

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering, for those of you who haven't received a secondary yet, what website did you go to make an account?

Members don't see this ad :)
MSTP here. No secondary yet. AMCAS verified on 6/13. I guess I will email them today.

MSTP here. No secondary yet. AMCAS verified on 6/13. I guess I will email them today.
Same applying for MSTP and no email yet, but my email is having some trouble (school system). Could you let me know if they sent one out yet?

I finally got the secondary email invite! I emailed them Sunday requesting one.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I finally got the secondary email invite! I emailed them Sunday requesting one.
what did you say in your email?
i am able to log into the stanford secondary portal so i am assuming that they sent me an invite at some previous date and somehow i just did not receive the message.... so im not sure whether or not there is a point in contacting the office of admissions about getting a formal secondary invite... thoughts?
@UnassumingToad

what did you say in your email?
i am able to log into the stanford secondary portal so i am assuming that they sent me an invite at some previous date and somehow i just did not receive the message.... so im not sure whether or not there is a point in contacting the office of admissions about getting a formal secondary invite... thoughts?
@UnassumingToad
I basically just asked them when I would be receiving the secondary.

In the portal, when you go to the Application Status tab, does it list the letters that you sent through AMCAS? If it does, then I think you should be fine because it means they've definitely got you on record. If not, I would just message them asking for the email invite. I believe others are right that it was probably just a glitch on their end where they clearly received all the AMCAS primaries but their system didn't email everyone.

Probably dumb question but for the part asking about the conflict of interest in our letter writers, would supervisors at work count as business associates? I assume not, as we were just employees in a large, public company but I want to make sure.

Probably dumb question but for the part asking about the conflict of interest in our letter writers, would supervisors at work count as business associates? I assume not, as we were just employees in a large, public company but I want to make sure.
You're totally fine, chill out x) Pretty sure theyre asking mainly about relatives, very close friends ex. family friends/godparents or the like; business associates would involve direct exchange of monies if I'm not mistaken.

lol i emailed them requesting one, and this is the email I got back: "We sent out another batch of secondary applications recently, so we hope you received your application."

meanwhile I still haven't received the email but was able to log into the portal. not sure what this is supposed to mean....

Reactions: 1 user
lol i emailed them requesting one, and this is the email I got back: "We sent out another batch of secondary applications recently, so we hope you received your application."

meanwhile I still haven't received the email but was able to log into the portal. not sure what this is supposed to mean....
I was in the same situation. I never got the email even when they said they reemailed it so I called the office. They were super friendly and he sat with me on the phone while he personally reemailed the link directly from the mdadmissions account and waited until I received it.

I was in the same situation. I never got the email even when they said they reemailed it so I called the office. They were super friendly and he sat with me on the phone while he personally reemailed the link directly from the mdadmissions account and waited until I received it.

That's really nice of him but I feel like that's a lot of trouble. I'm debating whether to drop the $100 to apply at this point when I don't get the vibe that they're particularly eager to read my app....

Added this school to my list 2 days ago and received the secondary today. Sounds like the technical issues have been worked out.

Could someone kindly post this year's MSTP prompts for Stanford?

Do they waive supplemental application fees?
Thank you.

question, so I just logged on today and have not submitted yet, but on my "application status" tab it says my letters have been received, but next to each one it says "incomplete." will this change when I submit my app or is something wrong with all my letters?

just submitted my secondary, and i have this same issue. letters are received, but still marked as incomplete. did it update for you?

good luck all! i'd love to go back to stanford :banana:

just submitted my secondary, and i have this same issue. letters are received, but still marked as incomplete. did it update for you?

Mine took a day to be marked complete, even though everything was in. check back monday

they say complete now

for the career goals + practice setting secondary, how are y'all approaching it? i can't seem to fit everything i want to say in 1000 characters :/

for the career goals + practice setting secondary, how are y'all approaching it? i can't seem to fit everything i want to say in 1000 characters :/
Completely agree as I'm struggling too. Be concise is my only advice.

On another note, are there any current Stanford students on this thread that have experience with the Bioengineering Foundation Area? I would be most appreciative if I could ask some more targeted questions regarding this Scholarly Concentration. :)

If you're applying to the Knight-Hennessy program you'll get an entire essay of unlimited length to discuss this. After filling out that beast, this question was easy.

If you're applying to the Knight-Hennessy program you'll get an entire essay of unlimited length to discuss this. After filling out that beast, this question was easy.

does applying for the Knight-Hennessy program affect MD chances in any way?

does applying for the Knight-Hennessy program affect MD chances in any way?

Nah, admission in that program is dependent on your admission into Stanford. Decisions won't even be made until you're accepted, so I doubt that applying to the program inherently increases your chances at Stanford.

From what I'm reading the Knight-Hennessy program is just open to traditional applicants or at least recent graduates, right? I just completely ignored it since I'm *way* past that age.

From what I'm reading the Knight-Hennessy program is just open to traditional applicants or at least recent graduates, right? I just completely ignored it since I'm *way* past that age.
Yes I think that you have to be have received your bachelors in 2013 or later, if I remember reading the requirement page correctly.

Anyone else going to leave the optional essay blank? My normal go-to essays for optional prompts are diversity/why 'x' school, but Stanford already asked both of those... I could write something meaningful but ugh I'm running out of steam!

Anyone else going to leave the optional essay blank? My normal go-to essays for optional prompts are diversity/why 'x' school, but Stanford already asked both of those... I could write something meaningful but ugh I'm running out of steam!
I left it blank for that same reason. Already used what I usually put for optional essays.

Where's the "Why Stanford" essay? The Scholarly concentration essay is too focused to be why Stanford imo. Am I missing something?

Where's the "Why Stanford" essay? The Scholarly concentration essay is too focused to be why Stanford imo. Am I missing something?
I mean I suppose you could put a "Why Stanford" response in the optional essay section but as the old adage goes, if a school wanted to ask "Why us," they would have straight up asked it as a mandatory essay...

My feeling is that you can talk about more than just the SC in that essay-- "Stanford curriculum" refers to a lot of other things too.

I personally left that blank. I don't play those games on secondaries. I only address the prompt

My feeling is that you can talk about more than just the SC in that essay-- "Stanford curriculum" refers to a lot of other things too.

Hmmmmmm, I really only talked about the Scholarly concentration in my essay. Looking at their website, there is literally nothing else about their curriculum that stands out.

Hmmmmmm, I really only talked about the Scholarly concentration in my essay. Looking at their website, there is literally nothing else about their curriculum that stands out.

FWIW, I also mentioned the MedScholars and Knight-Hennessy programs (if that sort of thing interests you). Likewise, you can also talk about clinical sites. It doesn't have to be specific to pre-clinical curriculum structure.

How are MD/PhD folks addressing the Scholarly Concentration prompt, since that requirement is already fulfilled through the PhD?

Have II's gone out yet?

I believe someone is trolling my tracker.

What is a tracker?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I put together an Interview Invite tracker to gather II data in regards to distribution over time at the aggregate and school level in addition to MCAT/GPA averages for those who got an II. Unfortunately being at the mercy of the internet has its disadvantages .

Links in the sig

Reactions: 1 users