2017-2018 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (Rowan-SOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pretty sure admission committee will be meeting this upcoming Friday to discuss interviews. Getting more nervous as that day approaches haha

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know the MCAT cutoff? Strong GPA and NY resident if that matters..

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard 495, but I know of people who have gotten in with scores lower than that.

Great news thanks so much! I guess it's just a waiting game at this point. I was only complete on 9/1.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the call!!!! I am ACCEPTED!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else hear back? Congrats on the acceptance!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 8/30
Since you interviewed on 8/31, I think you still have time! Don't worry!

JW- i there now a change in your status in Rowan's portal? I checked my portal but nothing.

JW- i there now a change in your status in Rowan's portal? I checked my portal but nothing.
I did not see any change yet. From last year posts, I think there will be no change to your portal. If you got accepted, then you will get a call, then an email with acceptance package from dean Watkins (I have not received anything yet). Waitlist or rejection will be snail mail. But since we (you and me) are the first interview group, I think they are highly interested in us, so if you did not say something crazy during the interview and let they know that you are a fit for D.O and their school mission, I think you will get accepted.

Got the call around 4:30! Interviewed 8/31

Any NYers received II from here? Still silence since beginning of July

Interviewed 8/30 and haven't gotten a call...is there any possibility I could hear back on Monday? Congrats on the acceptances

Interviewed 8/30 and haven't gotten a call...is there any possibility I could hear back on Monday? Congrats on the acceptances
I hope those of us who have not heard back from both dates will next week :) Maybe they didn't get to all of us?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone completed 7/7 and havent heard anything back yet? I have above avg stats but OOS

You're not alone. Interviewed same day and didn't receive a call. Hopefully next week, we'll both reeive some good news :)

interviewed on 8/31 too. Received acceptance call from dean Friday at 6:45 PM. Congrats to all my potential classmates. OOS... Solid stats from top 10 public University.. ask me anything

So I had an interview today at Rowan and just wanted to share some thoughts and experience with you guys. Keep in mind that my experience may not reflect what you would experience in your interview. Just some information, that's all.

The introduction/orientation started around 8:10 and people got there like before 7:30. We just sat on the couch and chatting, people from admission team would take a picture of us and tried to calm the anxiety or nervousness. Today's group was about 20 people, we were divided into 4 groups, and there was one person interview each group. The interviewers may be basic science professor, MD, DO or professional staff. You would not know who your interview is until you go into the room. It is the one-on-one interview.

Try to relax during your interview, I think Rowan staffs were very friendly and did help me to calm my nerve. My interview was very conversational. We started with how my driving was, how my day has been so far (I was the last person) and then we got on the question. I heard other people's interviewer may be very on point that they made sure they asked enough question. My interviewer was not like that. So I was able to talk more about my experience. She asked me basic questions about the ECs and why I choose Rowan and some other "trick" question (not very hard), and then we did a tour around the campus. Then we called it a day.

I really like how Rowan did the interview, it made me really feel that they were trying to know more about me, not judging me on anything, and made me feel at ease so that I was able to share my story, not rehearsed it.

They said that I would hear the decision in 2 weeks so I will keep my finger crossed. Good luck guys!!!!

I agree. I had mine on 08/31 and it was a very personable experience. I left wanting to go to ROWAN SOM even more

Accepted!! Got the phone call few minutes ago...this is surreal. Interviewed 8/30.

Reactions: 5 users
did everyone who applied ED heard back?

for those that got their acceptance phone calls, when do you think we will receive our official letter? or if you have it already, did you get via email or mail?

nevermind just got my acceptance letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now to live a stress free 9 months knowing i don't have to go through this overtly competitive process again....well at least until residency hehe

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to all the acceptances! Still losing my mind hoping for an interview here. Send good vibes x.x

Just got an interview today! Super happy. Can anyone shed some light on how many they interview vs. acceptance? Thanks. Good luck to everyone!!

I just got an II today!! 3.86 GPA/506 (highest MCAT)
So excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Glad to hear that your interview day went well!! How long did your interview day last? Do you have to wait till all interviews are done before they have the group tour?

So I had an interview today at Rowan and just wanted to share some thoughts and experience with you guys. Keep in mind that my experience may not reflect what you would experience in your interview. Just some information, that's all.

The introduction/orientation started around 8:10 and people got there like before 7:30. We just sat on the couch and chatting, people from admission team would take a picture of us and tried to calm the anxiety or nervousness. Today's group was about 20 people, we were divided into 4 groups, and there was one person interview each group. The interviewers may be basic science professor, MD, DO or professional staff. You would not know who your interview is until you go into the room. It is the one-on-one interview.

Try to relax during your interview, I think Rowan staffs were very friendly and did help me to calm my nerve. My interview was very conversational. We started with how my driving was, how my day has been so far (I was the last person) and then we got on the question. I heard other people's interviewer may be very on point that they made sure they asked enough question. My interviewer was not like that. So I was able to talk more about my experience. She asked me basic questions about the ECs and why I choose Rowan and some other "trick" question (not very hard), and then we did a tour around the campus. Then we called it a day.

I really like how Rowan did the interview, it made me really feel that they were trying to know more about me, not judging me on anything, and made me feel at ease so that I was able to share my story, not rehearsed it.

They said that I would hear the decision in 2 weeks so I will keep my finger crossed. Good luck guys!!!!

Just got an interview today! Super happy. Can anyone shed some light on how many they interview vs. acceptance? Thanks. Good luck to everyone!!

I just got an II today!! 3.86 GPA/506 (highest MCAT)
So excited!

Congrats! Hope to here similar news soon haha definitely a top choice school for me! When were yall complete?

did anyone who is not ED did not get an answer yet?

I believe they interview between 500-600 people and accept about 50% of those interviewed.

@ohopenyoureyes
I believe my interview last around 30-45min. I was the last one to interview. So yeah, after I got out, I saw the student ambassador there already and were talking to the group. We hang around for another 15 min before doing the tour

Complete early July, OOS with good stats, expecting a rejection. Anyone else completed early and heard nothing?

Reactions: 2 users
Complete early July, OOS with good stats, expecting a rejection. Anyone else completed early and heard nothing?

Happened to me last year and I ended up getting accepted. Keep the faith!

HI! For those accepted, does anyone know who we should make the $195 check payable to? Thanks!! So pumped!!

HI! For those accepted, does anyone know who we should make the $195 check payable to? Thanks!! So pumped!!

I think the acceptance package stated that to mail the form and check to the admission office, 113 E Laurel...

I think the acceptance package stated that to mail the form and check to the admission office, 113 E Laurel...

Hey,
I'm looking at the form right now. Still a little confused. Do I make the check payable to "Office of Admissions" or "Office of Admissions at there address listed"? Thanks!!