2017-2018 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks! I submitted in late July and letters were in 8/10. I haven't heard anything after my status changed to FILEC. At this point though, I guess no news is at least decent news. They've probably looked at least once and decided I wasn't worthy of rejection just yet so that's nice.

Hopefully I'll hear something soon!!

Many of us are in the same boat. Just time to be patient and stay hopeful!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello my name is FILEC forever.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just a quick note to anyone thinking about RVU-COM. I'm an OMS-1 here and have been incredibly impressed during these first 6 weeks. Our curriculum seems spot-on and our instructors are excellent. I can also say that, having moved to CO from the midwest, the location and weather are absolutely amazing. I'm so happy I chose RVU over some of the other acceptances I had.

Reactions: 4 users
II TODAY!!!! fourth one but CRYING because RVU is my first choice!

rejected :( sigh. one of my top-choice DO schools...

3.94cPGA/3.95sGPA, 506 MCAT, OOS, shadowing, clinical volunteering, research w/ publication

good luck to everyone else!

rejected :( sigh. one of my top-choice DO schools...

3.94cPGA/3.95sGPA, 506 MCAT, OOS, shadowing, clinical volunteering, research w/ publication

good luck to everyone else!
Ugh sorry to hear. Which campus? When were you complete?

Reactions: 1 user
Don't be sad guys. I honestly don't think this school is that great.
I was having difficulties submitting their secondary, for some reason it just wouldn't submit for me! I emailed them, called them, left a message, and only one person contacted me but I replied to her and she never followed up.

To me, that is not a good representation of a school.

I was having difficulties submitting their secondary, for some reason it just wouldn't submit for me! I emailed them, called them, left a message, and only one person contacted me but I replied to her and she never followed up.

True, that doesn't make the program look too good, but I wouldn't harp on it. My friend is currently studying there and loves the program. I think many of us would greatly appreciate a spot at this program.

Members don't see this ad :)

If you're going to say something stupid, make sure that you're correct. Screenshot_2017-08-27-09-54-42.png

Last edited:
Can any current students attest to the grading scale? I was told it was pass/fail but want to double check

Last edited:
Can any current students attest to the grading scale? I was told it was pass/fail but want to double check

The first two years are graded and you will receive your grade as a percentage (not typical A, B, C), but you do need a 70% or better to pass each class. I believe the tests during the clinical years are just pass/fail.

Hope that makes sense

'File complete' is starting to become a thing of my nightmares.

Reactions: 3 users
I got my II to the Utah campus this morning as well. Complete 8/18. I initially tried to schedule it for September 21st and thought that I did but apparently I messed up and didn't complete the process. When I went back and completed it the next available date was September 26th for the earliest and still some October dates. So still fairly soon

Yeah exchanged emails with one of their admissions coordinators today. Girl had more swagger than The Donald.

I'm withdrawing my app here, clown show admins means you got issues I don't have time for.
Which campus? I've contacted the Utah campus twice and had no problems. I have not emailed, only called on the phone.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The only interaction I had was when they confirmed an additional letter was added to my file. The woman who emailed me was very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in contact with many people in admissions (CO), both over the phone and via email, when they accidentally sent me a rejection before I was even complete.

Everyone was very kind and helpful. They responded to me quickly and looked into the situation within an hour, fixing things. I was impressed with how they prioritized my issue so well. Everyone has different experiences, and sometimes the person who answers your phone call might just be having a bad day. I wouldn't rule out a school over one communication mishap.

Reactions: 3 users
What dates are they giving? I was complete late July so I think I'm next in the que

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had one date end of Sept, and basically the entire third week of October. I have an interview over that week in Sept, so opted for 10/20 :)

II received yesterday!! The Utah campus is my number one choice, St. George is such a wonderful place to live, accepted invite for 09/20! Utah resident, MCAT 500.

So we're running about 50/50 here in terms of "I had a decent experience" and "They did something incredibly gauche or revealing of general hubris"

Sounds like a promising place to plunk a quarter mil, 4 years of your life, and your future career

No offense, but I don't think anyone cares much about your opinion at this point. If you want to base your future off of a person speaking curtly to you on the phone, go ahead. The unfollow button is at the top of the page. Adios.

Reactions: 4 users
I just got off the phone with Utah campus admissions for RVU, the lady told me that last year 88% of those who received an interview were accepted post-interview.....I literally almost thought she didn't know what she was talking about until I found other threads also confirming this high post-interview acceptance. WOW!

I just got off the phone with Utah campus admissions for RVU, the lady told me that last year 88% of those who received an interview were accepted post-interview.....I literally almost thought she didn't know what she was talking about until I found other threads also confirming this high post-interview acceptance. WOW!

It's true! They know the admission process is stressful and expensive so they only interview you if they truly think you will be a good fit. The colorado campus also has a very high post-interview acceptance rate. When I interviewed at Colorado I think they said it was around 80%

It's true! They know the admission process is stressful and expensive so they only interview you if they truly think you will be a good fit. The colorado campus also has a very high post-interview acceptance rate. When I interviewed at Colorado I think they said it was around 80%

It's the best news I have heard all day as the Utah campus is my number one choice so I almost feel like its an automatic acceptance! haha

It's the best news I have heard all day as the Utah campus is my number one choice so I almost feel like its an automatic acceptance! haha

Of course there are no promises but early interviews at RVU are a good sign! The thing I liked the most is it only took a week to hear back. If they haven't changed anything you should hear back within two weeks. But they will let you know at the interview when you should expect to hear back.

Good luck to all you interviewing and waiting for IIs! Hope to see a lot of you on campus in the coming months

I believe that most of us have worked incredibly hard to get to this point and have developed a sense as to what schools may or may not be a fit. This school won me over when I visited the campus for a tour and transcript review. The staff and faculty were very welcoming and provided a considerable amount of insight. Every email, phone call, and personal interaction have appeared to be professional and supportive. I am sure that I have developed a considerable bias favoring this campus but I am beyond excited to have my interview there (albeit this may not be the case for everyone).

Congrats to those who have also received IIs! DO or MD, this process is not easy but getting to know the school can make it a little bit more tolerable.

I would like to add that RVU has one of the most ethical deposit traffic schedules among DO schools. That's a huge plus for me.

"file complete" T_T sigh

Reactions: 2 users
What're those

Im guessing BombsAway is talking about the non-refundable deposit you have to put down to hold your seat in a class. Most schools (that I applied to) required one big payment soon after you are accepted. If you decide to go somewhere else after that payment, you are out $1000 to $2000, depending on the school.

The way RVU does it is in increasing amounts. That way if you get accepted to a school that fits you better you are not out $2000, just a portion of it.

Last year it was $250 then $750 in March then $1000 in May. I don't remember the exact amounts or dates, but something close to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Yes, the acceptance rate post-interview is very high. That being said, the number of interviews offered is fewer than other schools. You may interview at a school to find out that you are one of 1,500 people and have a 10% chance of acceptance. If you were selected for an interview it is because you show promise. It is almost like "interviewing" for a PhD program. It is more for you to see if you like it and a little for the school to make sure you are what you said you were. Best of luck to anyone who interviews, but in all reality you don't need luck.

Forever FILEC

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk