2017-2018 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry to hear that. With your MCAT I'm sure you'll get some love somewhere. When were you complete?
FILEC on 8/10 I believe.

Thanks :) I'm accepted to ACOM so far and was kind of turned off by the streamed lectures between the campuses anyway. Good luck!

FILEC on 8/10 I believe.

Thanks :) I'm accepted to ACOM so far and was kind of turned off by the streamed lectures between the campuses anyway. Good luck!
Oh god I turned FILEC on about that same day o.o Makes me feel like I might hear something pretty soon. Good luck to you and congrats on the ACOM acceptance!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed at the Parker location yesterday. Seriously an amazing day and an amazing experience. It's the best I felt about an interview so far, mostly just because the people doing the interviewing me feel so comfortable. The facility is awesome, faculty was great and I think George is my new best friend. Definitely have answers to the normal why an osteopathic physician and why are school stuff, and then there are a couple of others that they go through that they kind of have to ask you, but they really aren't bad even a little bit. No tough ethical dilemmas or anything for me at least. Excited to hear back within a week they said!

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed at the Parker location yesterday. Seriously an amazing day and an amazing experience. It's the best I felt about an interview so far, mostly just because the people doing the interviewing me feel so comfortable. The facility is awesome, faculty was great and I think George is my new best friend. Definitely have answers to the normal why an osteopathic physician and why are school stuff, and then there are a couple of others that they go through that they kind of have to ask you, but they really aren't bad even a little bit. No tough ethical dilemmas or anything for me at least. Excited to hear back within a week they said!

Haha George is definitely the man!

Reactions: 3 users
+1

Here is a question that current students may be able to answer. If I remember correctly, they informed us after the interview that the next admissions committee meeting would be 9/22 (tomorrow). Are we more likely to hear back from them regarding decisions after the weekend or is there a possibility we could be informed tomorrow? Just curious if I need to start preparing emotionally today or Sunday haha.

Reactions: 1 users
Here is a question that current students may be able to answer. If I remember correctly, they informed us after the interview that the next admissions committee meeting would be 9/22 (tomorrow). Are we more likely to hear back from them regarding decisions after the weekend or is there a possibility we could be informed tomorrow? Just curious if I need to start preparing emotionally today or Sunday haha.
They specifically told us in our interview 2 days ago that the admissions committee would meet on that day but we would get our phone calls on Monday or Tuesday

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing soon... are there any cool places in the area that I should check out?! I will have an extra day in CO.

interviewing on the 10th at the CO campus can't wait! I still have to schedule Utah date.

Just so I'm clear and can avoid being neurotic tomorrow and checking constantly, the portal won't be updated, we will just get a call Monday/Tuesday or an e-mail about rejection or waitlist?

Just so I'm clear and can avoid being neurotic tomorrow and checking constantly, the portal won't be updated, we will just get a call Monday/Tuesday or an e-mail about rejection or waitlist?
If I tell you that is correct, will you agree to take the weekend off and relax?

Reactions: 1 users
II for 10/3! Super excited! I'll be staying an extra day to explore Denver and the surrounding area since I've never been. If anyone else interviewing 10/3 has the same plan send me a pm! I'd potentially be down to share a rental car too.

Does anybody want to go climbing in Zion area 9/28? Interviewing the 27th and want to try and hit Zion after

I think we are all a little neurotic at this time within the application cycle... I am guilty of checking my email constantly. I should probably just delete the app from my phone before I go crazy.

Super excited for the interview this upcoming Tuesday! Trying not to be nervous since everyone says it is so friendly and low stress. Definitely a top choice school for me. I've been reviewing my primary and secondary and the basic why DO, why our school questions. Should be good otherwise right? And basically just act like a human person?
How long did it take for you to hear back after submitting your secondary?

How long did it take for you guys to be marked complete? I submitted my secondary 8/22 and my portal is still in the "APPL" stage
Did you hear anything further on this? I am also still APPL, submitted secondary on 8/21.

Really hoping we get these phone calls tomorrow.....I can't wait any longer!!!!!

Curious how you UT interviewees liked your time in Ivins, our campus, staff and experience in general?

I am really eager to hear back from RVU. I hope I get accepted.

Reactions: 2 users
Gonna be glued to my phone today, hoping for good news!

Reactions: 5 users
I wish RVU would just make a decision about me already. Complete the first week of August and silence. This school is a top choice for me and the uncertainty is killing me!

Really hoping to see my phone light up today with a beautiful call from Parker, CO.. Also avoiding my email completely to avoid a devastating email..

Really hoping to see my phone light up today with a beautiful call from Parker, CO.. Also avoiding my email completely to avoid a devastating email..

I have a feeling they won't be calling/emailing us today cause I heard they have interviews today so they're probably busy with that.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I guess they did say Monday OR Tuesday. Just sucks cause the decisions are made and I won't be able to answer tomorrow haha oh well:)

Did you hear anything further on this? I am also still APPL, submitted secondary on 8/21.

I emailed Admissions and they said that applications submitted then won't be processed for another couple of weeks at least.

Accepted to Colorado!!! Interviewed 9/13 top choice!

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted to CO!!! :D

Reactions: 7 users
Just got the call!!!! Loved the school, so excited! Currently my first choice for sure. Can't argue with those numbers and that location

Reactions: 9 users