2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys. I interviewed here last cycle and unfortunately never got off the waitlist. What's the likelihood that PCOM will want to interview me again? (I do have significant updates on my application)

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview here next Friday which starts at noon. I have to catch a flight home. Can anyone please tell me what time the afternoon interview was over so I can book my flight?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
The interview day is about 4 hours depending on what order you interview in. You can tell them when they give you the welcome speech that you have a flight at a certain time. Just remember that the traffic in that area after 3:00 can be a nightmare on the Schuykill.

Reactions: 1 user
My Committee Letters still doesn't show as received and I've submitted 7/6. Anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary 7/30, still haven't heard a thing. Anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 6 users
yep, submitted 7/24. Wonder if they're a silent reject, or honey-badger reject school.

I'm in the same boat for a few schools, so I'm just worried that 1. I won't get an II or 2. if I do get an II, I'm interviewing for 1 seat or a waitlist.

They just started sending interviews, no? Keep hope alive. I just finished up a grad program here and if I recall correctly they appeared to be interviewing even into late-March for the DO program.

Does anyone know how long it takes for PCOM to update your portal with letters of rec? I had mine submitted a week ago and still no change

Does anyone know how long it takes for PCOM to update your portal with letters of rec? I had mine submitted a week ago and still no change

Mine took about 2 weeks if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you added your LORs after submission of your secondary, you have to email them and tell them to go retrieve them manually from AACOMAS. They won't do it on their own.

I have been like this for a while (with my application fee being blank). I have qualified for a fee waiver and was told that it'd take a while to process - was told that in July. Would this be stopping my application from being complete/under for review? Thinking of calling them on Monday. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170909-182154.jpg
    Screenshot_20170909-182154.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 139
I have been like this for a while (with my application fee being blank). I have qualified for a fee waiver and was told that it'd take a while to process - was told that in July. Would this be stopping my application from being complete/under for review? Thinking of calling them on Monday. Thanks.

Give them a call. Definitely need that resolved sooner rather than later.

I sent my MCAT scores to AACOMAS electronically from AMCAS last week. My portal shows MCAT as incomplete. Should I be calling PCOM? Or should I wait it out a bit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys get complete emails once your application was complete?

Been complete since early August and still no II yet... called admissions and they told me they cannot give out any information.. feeling very nervous.

Been complete since early August and still no II yet... called admissions and they told me they cannot give out any information.. feeling very nervous.
Same here in regards to the silence. I keep reminding myself that it's still somewhat early, but can't shake the ominous feelings lol! #solidarity

Reactions: 1 users
Just wondering how long it took you guys from submitting the primary to getting the secondary link? Thanks!

People interview here on the 15th, so hopefully that's the next day for wave 2 of IIs

Today was the first day of interviews. Saw many of you in suits in the admissions office as I walked by!

Hey guys, M1 at PCOM. Just some tips for all of you.
1. Do NOT freak out about people's stats and scores. I promise you it does not matter at all. My MCAT score was fairly low and my GPA was average. I interviewed in November and found out in November (They emailed me late October saying I had an interview which was 2 weeks out from the date). Your activities matter and involvement! So please do not think you're not good enough just bc of people's lizzy scores (or whatever they are called).
2. It is VERY early to hear back right now. You likely won't hear until the end of October for anything or way, way later. They are slow at updating the portal and they will not post any updates.
3. Don't rely on SDN. I know it's a guilty pleasure but it can be stressful.

So just relax! It will all be okay.

Reactions: 22 users
Hey guys, M1 at PCOM. Just some tips for all of you.
1. Do NOT freak out about people's stats and scores. I promise you it does not matter at all. My MCAT score was fairly low and my GPA was average. I interviewed in November and found out in November (They emailed me late October saying I had an interview which was 2 weeks out from the date). Your activities matter and involvement! So please do not think you're not good enough just bc of people's lizzy scores (or whatever they are called).
2. It is VERY early to hear back right now. You likely won't hear until the end of October for anything or way, way later. They are slow at updating the portal and they will not post any updates.
3. Don't rely on SDN. I know it's a guilty pleasure but it can be stressful.

So just relax! It will all be okay.
Wow you make me feel so much better! Was thinking it was a lost cause here. Fairly strong MCAT 507 but undergrad gpa was a little better than 3.1 due to some family issues. Went on to get a master's degree and am working in the medical field now. Lots of volunteer experience and extracurricular activities so I think i am fairly well rounded. Just hope they can look past the GPA. Submitted in early Aug but haven't heard a word. Still somewhat hopeful after reading your post.

Is anyone here in the DO/PhD joint program at PCOM? I have some questions and would love to talk to a current student in the program.

Just got a II for Georgia but it's exactly a week from today..........not sure if I will be able to attend on such short notice

Last edited:
Just got a II for Georgia but it's exactly a week from today..........not sure if I will be able to attend on such short notice
Have you tried to ask for a different date since you will be traveling from another state?

Have you tried to ask for a different date since you will be traveling from another state?
I called the number, but no one responded. Especially with school being canceled because of Irma, I have so much catching up to do that I can't afford to miss class to travel for the interview. Hopefully they get back to me and I can reschedule for a better date.

I called the number, but no one responded. Especially with school being canceled because of Irma, I have so much catching up to do that I can't afford to miss class to travel for the interview. Hopefully they get back to me and I can reschedule for a better date.
They should be accommodating, especially because of Irma. Also, just an aside, I think there is a separate thread for the Georgia campus, so you may get a better answer on there. Good luck!

I guess another week gone by without second round of II. Hopefully Monday then?

Can someone give me the general format/feel of the interview?

If they do it the same way I experienced...

...You come in that morning with about a dozen interviewees. You'll first be given a presentation by the Admissions Office, then you'll be given a fairly extensive tour of the school by student volunteers. You then get to have lunch with more student volunteers and a faculty member. Finally you'll be interviewed! It's usually by 2 people: an admissions officer and a faculty member. Takes place in a very small windowless room! They asked about 10-12 questions over about 30 minutes, half of them standard med school questions, and some off-the-wall ones (I think they said they were experimenting with questions, or something?) A few questions were specific to my particular application, but they weren't what I consider super-probing. The whole day goes from about 9AM to 3PM.

The tough thing is that the interview is at the very end (after 2), so you'll have a lot of time to mull over it. Best advice is try to be relaxed and yourself!

Are you guys able to access the website rn to check your status? It seems to be down for me

"Banner and Banner Web Services (Self Service) will not be available after 3 PM on Friday, September 15th through Saturday, September 16th. This downtime is necessary to apply updates..."

Sorry, folks. Shoot me any questions if you want.

Interview completed yesterday. They said we would hear in approximately 5 weeks. There were 8 of us. We were divided into 2 groups. 4 of us were interviewed by 2 doctors and the other 4 were interviewed by 2 students & an admission person. The committee only meets once per month. It was only their second day of interviews. Now we wait

Reactions: 7 users
Interview completed yesterday. They said we would hear in approximately 5 weeks. There were 8 of us. We were divided into 2 groups. 4 of us were interviewed by 2 doctors and the other 4 were interviewed by 2 students & an admission person. The committee only meets once per month. It was only their second day of interviews. Now we wait

did you bring anything to your interview? Your personal statement, extra documents, etc?
Also @Mitochondrion21 and @YayPudding

did you bring anything to your interview? Your personal statement, extra documents, etc?
Also @Mitochondrion21 and @YayPudding
NO!

Bring brain, ID (driver's license or something in case security wants to check you in), professional clothes and that's it. If I see someone with a portfolio walking around Evans I'm gonna smack it out of their hands

New to this site. Wondering if I should apply. From the Northeast, gpa 3.68, mcat 505, EMT, and rsch experience. Should I apply? Thank you!

Just submitted primary! 518, 3.7cum/sci, 3.9 grad gpa... OOS from SouthEast....Best of luck to everyone applying!

Just submitted primary! 518, 3.7cum/sci, 3.9 grad gpa... OOS from SouthEast....Best of luck to everyone applying!

Get out of here with those stats. :D

Reactions: 3 users

Was this at PA? If so, was the whole interview in group or did you guys go in individually? Thanks!

Last edited:
Congrats! When were you complete?

Last edited: