2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - Georgia Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.
Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-DO mods (AlteredScale, bacchus, or chizledfrmstone) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Incoming student here! Pretty excited to attend in the fall. Very collaborative environment so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
Incoming student here! Pretty excited to attend in the fall. Very collaborative environment so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Hey so I was looking at the COA for PCOM GA and saw that it was around 21k for living expenses. But in the budget calculator it says you can borrow up to 25K which one is true? Also was it hard for you to find health insurance since PCOM doesn't have a school insurance that you can sign up for.

Hey so I was looking at the COA for PCOM GA and saw that it was around 21k for living expenses. But in the budget calculator it says you can borrow up to 25K which one is true?

My award letter says ~25K. I think the 4K is budgeted school supplies, books etc for the year.

Also was it hard for you to find health insurance since PCOM doesn't have a school insurance that you can sign up for.

Yeah it stinks this school no longer offers health insurance. Personally I am obtaining short-term emergency coverage then applying for ACA in the winter.

Reactions: 1 user
I checked on their website and it said everyone receives the supplemental. Does anyone know when they start sending them out/when they sent them out last year?

Is the PCOM-GA secondary different than the PCOM secondary? In previous years it was this meaty question...

"Noting the missions and objectives of the Osteopathic profession and PCOM, please describe your personal characteristics that demonstrate your interest in this field. Include an example of an event in which your actions directly influenced the life of another person and relate this to your goal of becoming a DO."

Is the PCOM-GA secondary different than the PCOM secondary? In previous years it was this meaty question...

"Noting the missions and objectives of the Osteopathic profession and PCOM, please describe your personal characteristics that demonstrate your interest in this field. Include an example of an event in which your actions directly influenced the life of another person and relate this to your goal of becoming a DO."

Same as philly campus. Personally, I answered same exact way for both prompts. Admission committee is separate from each campus.

Same as philly campus. Personally, I answered same exact way for both prompts. Admission committee is separate from each campus.

I was hoping to use the same answer, so that's good news.

Yeah it stinks this school no longer offers health insurance. Personally I am obtaining short-term emergency coverage then applying for ACA in the winter.

Why doesn't the school offer health insurance anymore?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the secondary

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

if by secondary received you mean that we were emailed to complete payment right? There aren't any essay questions?
Haven't even looked yet....kinda hope there are no essays

Got the same message, so I guess I did not miss a different email that was sent out. Will they probably send the real secondaries out after fee payment since there is a place for a date to be filled in for the secondary?

Got the same message, so I guess I did not miss a different email that was sent out. Will they probably send the real secondaries out after fee payment since there is a place for a date to be filled in for the secondary?

It seems like that is what they are doing now

Wait, so you don't even get the secondary until you pay them....this system is out of control lol

Yeah, I thought the same thing! It is a weird way to go about the process but if I remember right everyone gets a secondary so technically I guess it would be no different.

LOL, pay first and then you get supplemental app? haha
I wonder if they will reject my fee waiver letter (all schools waived my sup fee) and make me pay.. I just sent an email, let's see what they say..
Edit (added question): Anyone paid already and got the secondary application essays? haha

So I was about to submit may payment and then I received an e-mail to complete the secondary. There is an essay my friends. And you cannot save and come back just an FYI.

edit:
Noting the missions and objectives of the Osteopathic profession and PCOM, please describe your personal characteristics that demonstrate your interest in this field. Include an example of an event in which your actions directly influenced the life of another person and relate this to your goal of becoming a DO. (max 250 words)

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. We hope this message finds you all well.

As you can tell, we began processing applications through AACOMAS. Overnight, many of you received an email indicating that your application is incomplete. Please ignore this message. What you should receive first from us is an acknowledgment email with instructions on how to complete the application for admission including the hyperlink for the supplemental application. If you have received the incomplete message and have not received the acknowledgment email, please be patient. It should be sent to you in our overnight process.

We thank you for your interest in PCOM and wish you well in the review process!

Reactions: 3 users
Good morning everyone. We hope this message finds you all well.

As you can tell, we began processing applications through AACOMAS. Overnight, many of you received an email indicating that your application is incomplete. Please ignore this message. What you should receive first from us is an acknowledgment email with instructions on how to complete the application for admission including the hyperlink for the supplemental application. If you have received the incomplete message and have not received the acknowledgment email, please be patient. It should be sent to you in our overnight process.

We thank you for your interest in PCOM and wish you well in the review process!

Are AACOMAS fee waiver recipients eligible to have the $75 secondary application fee waived?

Are AACOMAS fee waiver recipients eligible to have the $75 secondary application fee waived?
Yes - the application acknowledgment email contains instructions on how to have the waiver credited toward the PCOM institutional fee.

Secondary submitted, stoked!

Reactions: 2 users
Secondary submitted this morning! Looking forward to a possible opportunity to interview at this school!

Until they run out of them. If you do not see it on your portal it means they ran out of them

Until they run out of them. If you do not see it on your portal it means they ran out of them

PCOM/GA-PCOM does not "run out" of fee waivers as we honor whomever receives a waiver from AACOMAS. The application acknowledgment indicates the procedure to have an AACOMAS fee waiver credited to the PCOM/GA-PCOM institutional fee. As always, we ask that questions be posed to the Office of Admissions. Responses of this nature are misleading to others.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone paid the fee and received the secondary essay prompt(s)?

PCOM/GA-PCOM does not "run out" of fee waivers as we honor whomever receives a waiver from AACOMAS. The application acknowledgment indicates the procedure to have an AACOMAS fee waiver credited to the PCOM/GA-PCOM institutional fee. As always, we ask that questions be posed to the Office of Admissions. Responses of this nature are misleading to others.

How long does it usually take for fee waivers to be granted?

Secondary Submitted!

I received an email yesterday from both campuses that my secondary has been processed. I checked the portal and my application fee, supplemental, and mcat scores are all there...but my LOR is blank. I know they say to give 15 business days to process everything so I am definitely restraining myself from calling, but is this weird? Or does it just take longer to process LORs? Also, I sent my LORs in with AACOMAS so everything is together.

Mine came in at different times. I wouldn't worry about it this soon.

I received an email yesterday from both campuses that my secondary has been processed. I checked the portal and my application fee, supplemental, and mcat scores are all there...but my LOR is blank. I know they say to give 15 business days to process everything so I am definitely restraining myself from calling, but is this weird? Or does it just take longer to process LORs? Also, I sent my LORs in with AACOMAS so everything is together.

Hi. We just begun uploading applications and processing all of the required items to complete applicant records. In response to your question, yes - it does take time for LORs to be loaded to the portal. Please give us the 15 day window we request. Thank you for understanding!

Hi. We just begun uploading applications and processing all of the required items to complete applicant records. In response to your question, yes - it does take time for LORs to be loaded to the portal. Please give us the 15 day window we request. Thank you for understanding!
Thank you for your response! I will wait the 15 days before contacting the office.

Anyone know how strong the regional preference is for this campus?

For those who have written your secondary essay....how long was your response?

Last edited:
In the past years there has been a strong preference for GA applicants. As far as I can see my class consists of individuals from GA, FL, AL and a few from SC/NC
Darn, I guess I'll hold off from applying.

In the past years there has been a strong preference for GA applicants. As far as I can see my class consists of individuals from GA, FL, AL and a few from SC/NC
Ah well, maybe they'll like an Ohio resident this time... :angelic: