2017-2018 PhD/PsyD Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think I can officially change my status from Pre-Psychology -- got accepted into my top three choices!

-insert appropriate emojis here-

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
phone call from Chestnut Hill College today :) Nice program, but will be declining. Hopefully this helps anyone on a waitlist!

Accepted to William James school psyd
Roosevelt masters
Loyola masters
Rutgers school psyd waitlist
Still waiting on chapel hill UNC PhD in school psychology

Roosevelt masters
Loyola masters
Got into UNC and got a scholarship to William James... feeling ohhhh so confused about what to do!

Got into UNC and got a scholarship to William James... feeling ohhhh so confused about what to do!
William James has a very poor reputation among clinical programs and from the looks of it, this is also the case for the school psych program. I understand that it may be tempting to choose the school which gives you the scholarship. However, having the choice between some funding and poor training or training at a highly respected institution seems like a pretty clear decision in my view.

edit; William James used to be known as Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology. They changed their name to avoid being called a degree mill, despite continuing degree mill practices.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Roosevelt masters
Loyola masters
did you apply to the masters program there or did you apply to the psyd program and they bumped you down?

William James has a very poor reputation among clinical programs and from the looks of it, this is also the case for the school psych program. I understand that it may be tempting to choose the school which gives you the scholarship. However, having the choice between some funding and poor training or training at a highly respected institution seems like a pretty clear decision in my view.

edit; William James used to be known as Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology. They changed their name to avoid being called a degree mill, despite continuing degree mill practices.

I just thought I would be more suited to a PsyD not a PhD from chapel hill! The program at Rutgers seems amazing also.

I just thought I would be more suited to a PsyD not a PhD from chapel hill! The program at Rutgers seems amazing also.

This process makes fools of us all. Congratulations on your success!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Accepted over phone to University of Maryland, Baltimore County. Clinical Psych PhD.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to South Alabama and St. John's...99% sure I am accepting Arkansas so spots will open up!

off the waitlist and accepted to UCSB! School emphasis in the combined program! Super excited, but now I need to make a decision :confused:

Accepted off the waitlist to University of Oklahoma: counseling psychology PhD program. So happy and thankful!

So, tough pick between Rutgers and UNC-chapel hill but, I am going to go to UNC- chapel hill for my PhD! Very excited!

Reactions: 7 users
So, tough pick between Rutgers and UNC-chapel hill but, I am going to go to UNC- chapel hill for my PhD! Very excited!

Congrats!! P.S. It was so nice to meet you at Rutgers. Chapel Hill has an amazing reputation and you will definitely do well there :)

Accepted to Clinical PsyD programs at Widener, La Salle, University of Denver, and PGSP-Stanford Consortium.

Accepted to Clinical PsyD programs at Widener, La Salle, University of Denver, and PGSP-Stanford Consortium.

Congrats!! P.S. It was so nice to meet you at Rutgers. Chapel Hill has an amazing reputation and you will definitely do well there :)
Thank you! Both schools are great but, I just felt like UNC was a better fit! Hopefully someone on waitlist will be very pleased by my choice lol. Have you decided? I voted for a clinical program in the end! School psych is amazing at rutgers though!!! It was great to meet you also!

Thank you! Both schools are great but, I just felt like UNC was a better fit! Hopefully someone on waitlist will be very pleased by my choice lol. Have you decided? I voted for a clinical program in the end! School psych is amazing at rutgers though!!! It was great to meet you also!

I decided on UC Santa Barbara school psych! Best wishes in grad school! :)

Accepted to William James, Yeshiva, California Lutheran, University of Denver, and PGSP-Stanford : all PsyD programs!
I've let everywhere but University of Denver and PGSP-Stanford know I will not be attending. I think I'm going to choose University of Denver!

Congrats to everyone! This is so motivating as someone who is slogging through studying for GRE's. Hard work pays off!

Accepted to Kean University's Combined School and Clinical PsyD. Notified via phone on March 22nd.

Has anyone heard from Azusa Pacific's PsyD program yet? I contacted my admissions counselor and he said they were still making decisions, but it seems so late with the decision deadline coming up...

Accepted to University of Washington, Loyola Chicago, University of Connecticut, and University of Maryland Baltimore County for PhDs. Still in a pleasant state of shock.

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted to University of Washington, Loyola Chicago, University of Connecticut, and University of Maryland Baltimore County for PhDs. Still in a pleasant state of shock.
Congratulations! Have you decided where you're going?

I was just accepted to the Florida school of professional psychology. I'm on the waitlist a few other places that I like better, but still a huge relief to know I'm going somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got accepted into pacific university as well. NOVA is my top choice at the moment (if you all think that's a mistake please let me know Haha) so I called and am waiting to hear back from them. Otherwise I will go to pacific.

I was accepted to the Wright Institute as well as the PGSP-Stanford Consortium :)

Yeah, that is fairly evident. I was referring to whether or not it was the PsyD vs the PhD
Oh I'm sorry I thought maybe there were multiple campuses. PsyD program at both schools. Interested in neuropsychology.

Accepted to Long Island U, Yeshiva, Wright Institute, USF (all PsyDs) and MA at NYU. Have narrowed down to LIU And Wright!