2017-2018 Pennsylvania State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
have u been able to resolve it yet?
No. I'll let you know when I am submitted. Might give their office a call later today

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received! i am lost with the first question
1.Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee? (Maximum 75 words)
Can i put N/A?

Secondary received! i am lost with the first question
1.Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee? (Maximum 75 words)
Can i put N/A?
Hopefully not. Make your application stand out!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Penn state can I please have a secondary too?

Reactions: 1 users
still have not received secondary

Reactions: 1 user
Throw me a secondary Penn... plz? :poke:

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else getting an error when trying to access the secondary?

Still no secondary, was verified beginning of June. 3.8+ GPA 506 MCAT. I know they send secondaries to everyone, but this is kind of making me nervous.

Submitted the secondary last night....my dog Nittany was excited too...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Still no secondary, was verified beginning of June. 3.8+ GPA 506 MCAT. I know they send secondaries to everyone, but this is kind of making me nervous.
I shot off an email. Still haven't received one either and I was verified June 1.

For some reason the link to the secondary is no longer loading for me. Anyone else?

Got a response about missing secondaries. They said they're being deployed.

Secondary Received! Sent in my app yesterday. Fast turnaround!

Arg! Still nothing. Maybe I will have to contact them in the near future? o_O

Still waiting on the secondary, haha. :(

Reactions: 3 users
I was verified on June 1st, still nothing. I emailed them today and they said they're still working on sending out all the secondaries
My friend was verified on June 9th and got her secondary today. I was verified on July 6th and got mine yesterday. I don't know what they are doing but you will be receiving yours anytime soon

what are the secondary questions?
Questions about yourself and some essays:
1. Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee? (Maximum 75 words)

2. Explain why you decided to apply to Penn State College of Medicine. (Maximum 75 words)

3. Please write a short paragraph describing a significant experience you have had working in a team setting. (Maximum 250 words)

3. Briefly describe an experience where you had to navigate a complex system (e.g. personal experience, group activity, or development of a project) to achieve an end. Reflect on the qualities and attributes required by you to achieve success in this experience. (Maximum 250 words)

Questions about yourself and some essays:
1. Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee? (Maximum 75 words)

2. Explain why you decided to apply to Penn State College of Medicine. (Maximum 75 words)

3. Please write a short paragraph describing a significant experience you have had working in a team setting. (Maximum 250 words)

3. Briefly describe an experience where you had to navigate a complex system (e.g. personal experience, group activity, or development of a project) to achieve an end. Reflect on the qualities and attributes required by you to achieve success in this experience. (Maximum 250 words)
Thanks bro! Hoping for that secondary soon

Can anyone share a bit more about the University Park program?

Can anyone share a bit more about the University Park program?
I'm not applying, but I know someone who will be there next year and have spoken to a few current students. It's a super new program to spend all four years in State College, but they've had students doing their last two years there for quite a while now. People I've talked to who are in the longer-running two year program appreciate that they have much more hands-on clinical experience and really get to know the attendings, since the program is SO much smaller. Biggest downside for some people is that most very critical/urgent health issues are shuttled out of University Park to bigger medical centers like Hershey or Pittsburg, so you're less likely to see really intense cases than you are at Hershey. University Park is where Penn State is so it's a big college town surrounded by farms, whereas Hershey is, well, the medical center and chocolate near Harrisburg. I can't speak too much about the curriculum differences, unfortunately!

I'm not applying, but I know someone who will be there next year and have spoken to a few current students. It's a super new program to spend all four years in State College, but they've had students doing their last two years there for quite a while now. People I've talked to who are in the longer-running two year program appreciate that they have much more hands-on clinical experience and really get to know the attendings, since the program is SO much smaller. Biggest downside for some people is that most very critical/urgent health issues are shuttled out of University Park to bigger medical centers like Hershey or Pittsburg, so you're less likely to see really intense cases than you are at Hershey. University Park is where Penn State is so it's a big college town surrounded by farms, whereas Hershey is, well, the medical center and chocolate near Harrisburg. I can't speak too much about the curriculum differences, unfortunately!

This still helps quite a bit. Thank you! So from what you can tell, the draw of University Park is mainly to have a more intimate and hands-on experience? It's so hard to glean the true goals of the program from the fluff on the website, lol.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many students they accept into the accelerated neuro and ortho surg pathways? Is it like 1 student each? Im assuming its crazy limited

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many students they accept into the accelerated neuro and ortho surg pathways? Is it like 1 student each? Im assuming its crazy limited
If you're interested, apply for it. I'd like to imagine taking an interest in any of the programs they offer will bode better for you in the end since it is a way of showing interest in their school. Besides, you never know. You may get accepted into their accelerated program.

I never imagined I'd complain about essays being too short...yet here I am.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users