2017-2018 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today! :) OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Complete 8/10 still at "No Decision"

Interview invite this morning! Utah resident, 3.5 gpa 500 MCAT

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gone from committee to II? The only other post I saw about committee ended in a deny post-secondary. Trying to stay hopeful. Also, how long should I expect the committee status to last?

Has anyone gone from committee to II? The only other post I saw about committee ended in a deny post-secondary. Trying to stay hopeful. Also, how long should I expect the committee status to last?
I am in the same boat friend...I will post when I see an update.

I did!
Not sure how long my committed status lasted though. Maybe a week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
I did! I was in "Comittee" for about 3-4 days and then I received II.

I think I just got an II? No email yet but my portal changed from committee to interview today. Complete on 08/09

Last edited:

I wouldn't read into that too much. It's probably one person who has to change this status and I'm sure there are times where they may not get the chance to do it right away based on the info they're receiving from whoever is making the decisions. Picture someone slapping a giant pile of files on an admin's desk and saying 'these are good to go.'

Mine never went to committee, just straight from complete to interview but no doubt it was in the committee phase for a period of time.

I think I just got an II? No email yet but my portal changed from committee to interview today. Complete on 08/09

That's what mine did to. Congrats. You should get the email later today from hope with instructions on how to set up the day.

3.49 513 from Washington, just got an II! Pumped!

Denied post secondary. 3.8 cGPA, 3.8sGPA, 4.0 grad 502 MCAT from the Southeast. First rejection of the cycle eee

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all with invites and best of luck to those waiting. It's still early, so don't lose hope yet.

II just now on the portal! So not that I'm neurotic or anything....but I had checked the portal about an hour ago as well and it still said no decision, so if it said committee it would have been for less than an hour

Dang, one January date and the rest are in February, March and April. Still, glad to get one!

Yeah, Jan 19, 2 Feb dates, 1 Mar date and 1 Apr date, those are the only 5 available for me at least.
With rolling admissions, that's tough because most seats will probably be filled. I was given 9 dates to choose from. Maybe those are the only ones they are going to have all year.

September 29, 2017 December 8, 2017 February 23, 2018

October 13, 2017 January 19, 2018 March 2, 2018

November 17, 2017 February 2, 2018 April 6, 2018

About a week ago the only date left in 2017 was the December 8 one. You can add yourself to a waitlist for earlier dates but with how fast they're filling up it doesn't look good.

I have a few friends who go here and they were interviewed/accepted in the late spring so I don't think you'll be interviewing for a waitlist spot just because the date is in 2018, if that's any consolation.

About a week ago the only date left in 2017 was the December 8 one. You can add yourself to a waitlist for earlier dates but with how fast they're filling up it doesn't look good.

I have a few friends who go here and they were interviewed/accepted in the late spring so I don't think you'll be interviewing for a waitlist spot just because the date is in 2018, if that's any consolation.
Ok that is really good to know! Would I just send an e-mail asking to be waitlisted for an earlier date?

Ok that is really good to know! Would I just send an e-mail asking to be waitlisted for an earlier date?

No when they sent the email to schedule interviews, Hope offered it as an option and probably does to everyone. I was about to sign up for a November date and it filled. If she doesn't mention it then yeah I would ask.

I have a buddy that interviewed in February last year. He got accepted and not waitlisted. From what the students said at the open house it sounds like they are pretty honest and upfront about letting you know that. But at the same time I'm sure they don't know that far in advance either until they have interviewed those scheduled earlier.

Looking at the previous cycle's thread, it looks like it can go either way from "committee." Some people were on "committee" for 4-5 weeks and then got offered an interview, but others were also rejected. Crossing my fingers for us!
ah good, that gives me hope!! I have only refreshed the page like 1000 times. fingers crossed for us both

Anxiously checking the portal! Still at "no decision." Submitted 8/21 and complete 8/31. Attended an open house in April and absolutely fell in love with it.

Does everyone go to committee or do some directly get invited to an interview/rejected?

Does everyone go to committee or do some directly get invited to an interview/rejected?
I was never on committee. And I was checking neurotically like every 30 minutes and it went straight from no decision to interview, so it could have popped up for like a half hour

Mine went straight to interview. Was checking it constantly before it changed. Some went committee to interview though!

Looking at the previous cycle's thread, it looks like it can go either way from "committee." Some people were on "committee" for 4-5 weeks and then got offered an interview, but others were also rejected. Crossing my fingers for us!
I was also on committee since 8/24. Tomorrow marks the 2nd week.... eep

Last edited:
After spending a thousand years on Committee status, the earliest interview I was offered isn't until January. Which I assume means a waitlist spot. Sad face.

After spending a thousand years on Committee status, the earliest interview I was offered isn't until January. Which I assume means a waitlist spot. Sad face.
You should be grateful that you received an interview! Some of us would be happy with an interview at any time. I'm sure you won't be interviewing for a waitlist position.

I will be interviewing on Sept 29. I'm going to probably get an Airbnb, but it's a basement with 2 rooms, some couches and 3 beds. If anyone wants a place to stay let me know if you're interested.

II today, only dates offered are in early 2018

Still on committee. I was complete August 16th. Not sure whats going on since I'm from the region and have stats slightly above their average with extensive healthcare background. Not trying to brag but Western and Kansas City offered me an interview relatively quickly.

Still on committee. I was complete August 16th. Not sure whats going on since I'm from the region and have stats slightly above their average with extensive healthcare background. Not trying to brag but Western and Kansas City offered me an interview relatively quickly.

To be fair, kcu offered everyone interviews really quick

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile