2017-2018 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How do you access the portal for this school?
Did you receive a secondary invite email from PNWU? Instructions and a link are in the email.

Members don't see this ad.

Doesn't a pretty substantial percentage (like, >85%) of matriculants here come from the pacific northwest? If so I don't think I'm going to finish the secondary...

Correct. Class of 2020 has 85% of students from a 5 state catchment of PNW states including Alaska.
Doesn't a pretty substantial percentage (like, >85%) of matriculants here come from the pacific northwest? If so I don't think I'm going to finish the secondary...

Members don't see this ad :)
Portal is showing my secondary complete as of today!

My portal indicates my letters havent been uploaded. They are all in AACOMAS. Does admissions upload the letters into their portal? A little confused.

My portal indicates my letters havent been uploaded. They are all in AACOMAS. Does admissions upload the letters into their portal? A little confused.

They sent me an email saying that connecting letters to your app can take a while. I think we can expect it to take 2-4 weeks to be complete. They seem busy.

Reactions: 1 users
They sent me an email saying that connecting letters to your app can take a while. I think we can expect it to take 2-4 weeks to be complete. They seem busy.

True story. Mine took about three weeks for all documents to show complete on my secondary and they were all attached to my AACOMAS application. They get so many applications the fact that they can even make it through that fast and verifying they meet requirements as they go is pretty amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
How do you access the portal for this school?

My supplemental invite email said "Once your completed supplemental application is received, you will be emailed a user name and temporary password for Self-Service where you can monitor your application status and any missing documents."

I submitted my secondary a couple days ago and am still waiting on the username/password self service email so....keep ya posted?

My supplemental invite email said "Once your completed supplemental application is received, you will be emailed a user name and temporary password for Self-Service where you can monitor your application status and any missing documents."

I submitted my secondary a couple days ago and am still waiting on the username/password self service email so....keep ya posted?
Mine came a few days after I submitted my secondary.

Denied post-secondary via the portal! Best of luck to all of you still waiting to hear back :)

Members don't see this ad :)
II just Now!! I'm pumped baby!

Reactions: 6 users
Portal just changed to "committee" :eek:

Reactions: 3 users
Portal just changed to "committee" :eek:
That's good though right? I'm sure we all wanna be talked about. Jlward12 did urs ever go to committee or just straight to pending? Good luck to everyone in this cycle! Mine is still "No decision". Been that way about a week.

II!!! For those with II, if I'm reading the email correctly, there's no actual interview

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II!!! For those with II, if I'm reading the email correctly, there's no actual interview

That would be weird. There have been in years past. I have not received an invitation to interview so u would know better than I just unexpected.

That's good though right? I'm sure we all wanna be talked about. Jlward12 did urs ever go to committee or just straight to pending? Good luck to everyone in this cycle! Mine is still "No decision". Been that way about a week.
I didn't check everyday, but pretty often......it went from no decision, to pending, and then to interview

You must be reading it wrong. Unless you haven't selected a date then you won't see anything. When you email them back with the date you select they send you another email with your itinerary, which includes the MMI Interviews.

Congrats! It sounds like it took about 4 weeks to happen! So that's reassuring!

Would those getting II mind posting stats?

3.89 sGPA, 3.93 cGPA, 501 MCAT, lots of extracurriculars including collegiate athletics, from CA

Did anyone who received an II get a response from admissions after emailing them?

3.45cGPA, 3.45sGPA, 499 MCAT. Living in Washington for 10 years and went to High School there. Did undergrad in Utah. Tons of extracurriculars and an emphasis on rural and underserved.

II!!!!!! My portal just changed. Waiting on an email to schedule the date! Super Excited!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Got the post supplemental denied :(. Oh well, I'm from the Northeast and I thought I had a good chance.

GPA: 3.61
sGPA: 3.52
MCAT: 495 (That's my guess)

I had my extracurriculars do the work on my application instead only on my stats

Just got confirmation my application was confirmed and ready for review. Will take 4-6 weeks they say. Here's to hoping!

II!! Complete 8/8. Not from the 5-state area.
GPA: sGPA 3.8 cGPA 3.0 (I had a huge upward trend, specifically in science courses)
MCAT: 508

I am so excited!!! Good luck to everyone applying and to those who already have their interviews scheduled!

Reactions: 2 users
II!! Complete 8/8. Not from the 5-state area.
GPA: sGPA 3.8 cGPA 3.0 (I had a huge upward trend, specifically in science courses)
MCAT: 508

I am so excited!!! Good luck to everyone applying and to those who already have their interviews scheduled!
Very similar boat, hopefully they are into that!