2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine (NOVA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The only thing the portal shows is the "Name and address" section and then the "requirements" section correct? I was complete about a month ago so just want to make sure Im not missing anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
1tycdb.jpg

Reactions: 10 users
Since you are at Nova I wanted to ask you if you have came across any Dual student and if you know how their application and interview process is.
Sorry I'm so late, I've been swamped with school. I was a dual admissions student, so I can provide you the information you seek. The application and interview process is the same as any other student. If you keep up with the requirements, the only difference is that you for sure are going to be accepted as they save your seat. Take the interview as seriously as you would for another medical school. I know of a dual admissions student who interviewed last year and acted like it didn't matter. He met with the dean, and they ultimately rescinded his seat.

Last edited:
Sorry I'm so late, I've been swamped with school. I was a dual admissions student, so I can provide you the information you seek. The application and interview process is the same as any other student. If you keep up with the requirements, the only difference is that you for sure are going to be accepted as they save your seat. Take the interview as seriously as you would for another medical school. I know of a dual admissions student who interviewed last year and acted like it didn't matter. He met with the dean, and they ultimately rescinded his seat.
Thank you for information.

Does anyone know if NOVA gives preference to FL residents? I couldn't find it on their website

I got a call saying my application was complete about a month ago. I still haven't heard anything as far as getting an II. My GPA is 3.7 and MCAT 502, years of clinical experience. I'm afraid I'm going to be rejected again :lame: Other people that submitted later than me have already gotten IIs...

I had dream that I got a call from Nova last night. The woman said "Ihave some happy news!" And then she hung up. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call saying my application was complete about a month ago. I still haven't heard anything as far as getting an II. My GPA is 3.7 and MCAT 502, years of clinical experience. I'm afraid I'm going to be rejected again :lame: Other people that submitted later than me have already gotten IIs...

My guess is that they're interviewing their most competitive applicants at the first few sessions, then they are going to go down the line. It is still really early and I definitely wouldn't start to panic yet!

Does it take awhile to receive a secondary here?

Took me a week. They said they review primaries every Wednesday. That is the day I got mine.
Sheesh I submitted my primary there on 8/3. Should I call perhaps?

Edit: You applied here super early though right?

Reactions: 1 user
I got a call a couple of weeks ago saying my letters were missing (thanks to the physician writing my letter). However, I never got any phone call back after I submitted my letters. Should I call them? Or is there a portal we can log into? Thanks!

I got a call a couple of weeks ago saying my letters were missing (thanks to the physician writing my letter). However, I never got any phone call back after I submitted my letters. Should I call them? Or is there a portal we can log into? Thanks!
There is a portal-- it's the same link you completed the secondary on.

I wouldn't sweat it. I have similar stats, less clinical, am OOS, and I received an II. Just keep swimming

I had dream that I got a call from Nova last night. The woman said "Ihave some happy news!" And then she hung up. :p

That's terrible :(
I had a dream that an instructor from Nova ordered me and a group of prospective students to call him "the doctor king" or we wouldn't get interview invites. I called him what he wanted, and I was about to get an interview invite. I then woke up... :(

Reactions: 6 users
Just got a call stating they were going to move ahead with review of my app. I wish all committees were this transparent!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Sheesh I submitted my primary there on 8/3. Should I call perhaps?

Edit: You applied here super early though right?

I was worried it was taking a long time for me as well to receive a secondary because I submitted my primary here at the beginning of Aug. Earlier in this forum someone posted the link to the secondary application, and I applied using that link even though I had not received an email with the secondary application yet! I was worried at first that that would cause an issue, but I got a call 2 days later saying that my Nova application was complete and they are currently taking 4-6weeks to make II decisions.

Did my mock interview with my gf today for the upcoming interview on Thursday to here. Bring it on Nova!

Reactions: 3 users
Saw some of you guys touring today hehe. Weird to think that was me not too long ago.

Hey guys so I just came back from the interview and here are my opinions

Pros:

- Great laid back atmosphere from the faculty and the med students (med students actually seems happy here)
- Dean is pretty awesome and entirely honest in the process. She doesn't bs you. They emphasize that if you feel like they are not a good fit, feel free to go to a school that best fits you
- We got to mess around with the practical dummies and check out the mock clinical rooms: seems like a unique experience that gives you early patient sociability exposure
-Extremely beautiful campus!! I was just blown away.
- Separate library for the HPD division in addition to the undergrad library although it is smaller
- My interviews although at first looked stone cold, eventually warmed up to me and they actually seemed like really cool people under the demeanor they had originally had
- Mission and community driven school
- The lecture hall we visited during the tour was a lot nicer than the one in my local Uni

Cons:

- high cost of living near campus

I really loved my time here and got to meet some great SDNers (@fourandtwo ) who share such great passions!

Reactions: 10 users

Pros:

- Great laid back atmosphere from the faculty and the med students (med students actually seems happy here)
- Dean is pretty awesome and entirely honest in the process. She doesn't bs you. They emphasize that if you feel like they are not a good fit, feel free to go to a school that best fits you
- We got to mess around with the practical dummies and check out the mock clinical rooms: seems like a unique experience that gives you early patient sociability exposure
- Separate library for the HPD division in addition to the undergrad library although it is smaller
- My interviews although at first looked stone cold, eventually warmed up to me and they actually seemed like really cool people under the demeanor they had originally had
- The lecture hall we visited during the tour was a lot nicer than the one in my local Uni

Cons:

I really loved my time here and got to meet some great SDNers (@fourandtwo ) who share such great passions!

I second this! Also Nova has a "Medical Spanish" course mandatory for all students which teaches you basic Spanish to be able to introduce yourself to the patient, tell them that you are not fluent in their language and that you are going to get an interpreter. Very neat!

Reactions: 2 users

Pros:

Cons:

Thanks for the shoutout! Also, I second all of what was said, not an element missed.

Reactions: 1 users
Absolutely loved this school during my interview yesterday.

Just cancelled my interview. It was first week of sept

Just cancelled my interview. It was first week of sept
As someone hoping to get an II for this school, I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart and I encourage others to follow down this path as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23 users

Pros:

Cons:

I second this! Also Nova has a "Medical Spanish" course mandatory for all students which teaches you basic Spanish to be able to introduce yourself to the patient, tell them that you are not fluent in their language and that you are going to get an interpreter. Very neat!

Thanks for the shoutout! Also, I second all of what was said, not an element missed.

Absolutely loved this school during my interview yesterday.

First off, congrats everyone!! I hope you all here good news very soon!

Would you mind sharing about the logistics of the interview? (type of interview, types of interviewers, type of questions)

Also, did they give you any time frame as to when you'd hear back about a decision??

First off, congrats everyone!! I hope you all here good news very soon!

Would you mind sharing about the logistics of the interview? (type of interview, types of interviewers, type of questions)

Also, did they give you any time frame as to when you'd hear back about a decision??

I had a very relaxed 2 on 1 interview. I felt it was the least stressful of all of my interviews so far. Some questions I had were, Why Nova? Why D.O.? and what I thought was one of the biggest problems in healthcare today. They also asked some questions about my application. What I thought was cool was that the dean actually took time out of her day to meet with us, which has not happened at any of my other interviews.

In terms of hearing back, we were told we would hear something in about one month.

Reactions: 1 users
I had a very relaxed 2 on 1 interview. I felt it was the least stressful of all of my interviews so far. Some questions I had were, Why Nova? Why D.O.? and what I thought was one of the biggest problems in healthcare today. They also asked some questions about my application. What I thought was cool was that the dean actually took time out of her day to meet with us, which has not happened at any of my other interviews.

In terms of hearing back, we were told we would hear something in about one month.

Second this. They also said the adcom will meet on Sept 5 to make decisions and that will be sent out "within the next month".

Good luck everyone that interviewed!!!! Rooting for you all

Did they email you guys for the interview? My email I used for NOVA is my school email which is being transitioned from Gmail to Outlook and I cannot access it right now. I can't seem to find anything from the secondary app link.