2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine (NOVA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they email you guys for the interview? My email I used for NOVA is my school email which is being transitioned from Gmail to Outlook and I cannot access it right now. I can't seem to find anything from the secondary app link.

Yup I got an email!

Members don't see this ad.

Interview tomorrow... my heart already feels like it is coming out of my chest :boom:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just now got the complete call! I wanted to tell them to hold off until my next score, but he hung up so abruptly lol

Alright guys, last years second batch of II went out 9/1 at noon ET. Less than 24 hours!

Alright guys, last years second batch of II went out 9/1 at noon ET. Less than 24 hours!
But last years first batch went out July 17th, whereas this year it was around the 23rd...so the Sept 1st might not be accurate. But fingers crossed that it is!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone had issues with NOVA receiving your LORs? Mine were complete/sent through AACOMAS about a month ago, but I just received a call from NOVA stating my file was incomplete due to missing documents. Called and was told it was about my letters...I'm assuming they might just be overloaded and have not had a chance to connect it to my application, but I wasn't sure if anyone was having the same issue.

Yes, I had the same problem. It took them almost 3 weeks to download the letter from AACOMAS. NOVA downloads applications and updates every Wednesday night.
Next time, have them sent directly to them.

But last years first batch went out July 17th, whereas this year it was around the 23rd...so the Sept 1st might not be accurate. But fingers crossed that it is!!
Lol I love all the conspiracy theories we all create on trying to predict when we will hear the next wave of interviews! It is like the Grassy Knoll of medical applications haha! :p :D

Good luck guys, sure hope they get back soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody have AACOMAS verified and not receive the secondary for Nova? I have received all my secondaries except for this one and its the one I'm most interested in o_O

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody have AACOMAS verified and not receive the secondary for Nova? I have received all my secondaries except for this one and its the one I'm most interested in o_O

The same thing happened to me, I waited a little over a week and still hadn't received the secondary and I was getting so antsy! If you scroll back on this thread someone posted the link to the secondary application. I used that link and filled it out before getting the secondary email from NOVA, and they called me a few days later to let me know my app was complete!

The same thing happened to me, I waited a little over a week and still hadn't received the secondary and I was getting so antsy! If you scroll back on this thread someone posted the link to the secondary application. I used that link and filled it out before getting the secondary email from NOVA, and they called me a few days later to let me know my app was complete!
+1

Interview here next Tuesday 9/12. Excited but very concerned by potential impact that could come from Hurricane Irma (if it hits FL). Should we call admissions later in week if it seems Irma is set to hit?

Interview here next Tuesday 9/12. Excited but very concerned by potential impact that could come from Hurricane Irma (if it hits FL). Should we call admissions later in week if it seems Irma is set to hit?
I live ~ 15 minutes from Nova, and I can tell you it's way too early to tell what's going to happen with the hurricane. The media is making it seem like it's for sure going to hit and be a major storm, but the truth is, no one knows....we won't be able to know until ~ 3 days before the hurricane is supposed to hit us.

Even so, last year mass hysteria ensued over Hurricane Matthew, which ended up being less severe than some of our summer thunderstorms.

Either way, I am sure admissions will contact you if they decide to reschedule the interview date. Keep in touch with the news, and if by next Thursday-Friday it is projected to hit us, contact them.

Reactions: 3 users
I live ~ 15 minutes from Nova, and I can tell you it's way too early to tell what's going to happen with the hurricane. The media is making it seem like it's for sure going to hit and be a major storm, but the truth is, no one knows....we won't be able to know until ~ 3 days before the hurricane is supposed to hit us.

Even so, last year mass hysteria ensued over Hurricane Matthew, which ended up being less severe than some of our summer thunderstorms.

Either way, I am sure admissions will contact you if they decide to reschedule the interview date. Keep in touch with the news, and if by next Thursday-Friday it is projected to hit us, contact them.
I agree with media sensationalizing it!! They're hyping it to be the next catastrophe of the decade. For the sake of the people of FL and the people in TX who are relying on all the help they can get I hope the storm dies down or curves back eastward. Thanks for the response. I'm gonna sit tight and hope it all works out! I've been anticipating this interview big time!

I agree with media sensationalizing it!! They're hyping it to be the next catastrophe of the decade. For the sake of the people of FL and the people in TX who are relying on all the help they can get I hope the storm dies down or curves back eastward. Thanks for the response. I'm gonna sit tight and hope it all works out! I've been anticipating this interview big time!
I'm hoping for the same as you! Although, it does appear more-so now that we will definitely get something, although exactly what that will be isn't quite clear yet.

Either way, we're supposed to be affected Saturday/Sunday, so assuming no power loss/major damage, I would think you should still be okay for a Tuesday interview? Even if they end up pushing your interview to a later date, I'm sure you'll do great :) Best of luck!

So I got a phone call about a Month/2 months ago saying my application was complete and that they would have a decision within the next three weeks. Haven't heard a word from the program since. Anyone else have the same issue?

Anyone know how strict they are with the non-science LOR requirement. I have 5 pretty good letter but not a non-science one.

hoping to hear back this week. Is the committee meeting today?

hoping to hear back this week. Is the committee meeting today?
Some of the people that interviewed already said the committee meeting was today. Not sure if that means the second round of II will be sent out today.

Hurricane might be throwing things out of whack as people have to prepare their homes and what-not.

I'm hoping for the same as you! Although, it does appear more-so now that we will definitely get something, although exactly what that will be isn't quite clear yet.

Either way, we're supposed to be affected Saturday/Sunday, so assuming no power loss/major damage, I would think you should still be okay for a Tuesday interview? Even if they end up pushing your interview to a later date, I'm sure you'll do great :) Best of luck!
As someone also from south Florida, I can't imagine anything worse than getting an acceptance call and then dying in a hurricane two weeks later. I would be pissed to say the least.

Reactions: 3 users
As someone also from south Florida, I can't imagine anything worse than getting an acceptance call and then dying in a hurricane two weeks later. I would be pissed to say the least.
I've been fearing losing internet connection, getting an interview invite, and not being able to schedule it. Hoping for the best though!

I've been fearing losing internet connection, getting an interview invite, and not being able to schedule it. Hoping for the best though!
I'm hoping this hurricane would at least give us sympathy points. Would having our houses destroyed in a hurricane give us URM status?

Heads up to you Tuesday interviewers.....public schools in Broward/Dade/West Palm are closed Thursday & Friday, and most universities have followed (including Nova) and closed starting tomorrow. It may be worth your time to call admissions and check on what's going on before they disappear to put up shutters and all that good stuff.

Heads up to you Tuesday interviewers.....public schools in Broward/Dade/West Palm are closed Thursday & Friday, and most universities have followed (including Nova) and closed starting tomorrow. It may be worth your time to call admissions and check on what's going on before they disappear to put up shutters and all that good stuff.
LOL I can't imagine flying out to a school to find it all boarded up. Atleast you can find some great Cuban food down here.

LOL I can't imagine flying out to a school to find it all boarded up. Atleast you can find some great Cuban food down here.
Ah yes, nothing like them category 5 winds as long as you have some good food on your side ;)

Still nothing from this school. Hope they get their next round of interviews out this week!

Message from Admissions this morning. My Tuesday interview has been canceled because of the Hurricane... They will reschedule for October. Need to find a good date. Any one headed out in October?

~silence~ from this school :c

All you Florida folks, please stay safe!

Sending love and positive thoughts to all my friends and family back home in Florida. Be prepared and stay safe!

Interview on the 14th! not sure whats gonna happen, adm office is still closed :(

Submitted my app to this school on August 29 and haven't heard anything from them. 3.5 GPA and 504 MCAT, from west coast with no ties to Florida. Do they screen or have regional bias? I haven't read anything like that before.

Interview on the 14th! not sure whats gonna happen, adm office is still closed :(

In the same boat. Don't know whether or not to cancel my hotel/flight otherwise I will lose the money. They haven't given us any information on whether or not the interview is still happening or not. Don't know what to do.

Nova is closed until the 18th. It might be a while before any of you hear anything because we've been out of school for 2 weeks now and reshuffling our already hectic schedule is going to be a nightmare...We also have our white coat ceremony next weekend as well, hopefully that doesn't get rescheduled again...

In the same boat. Don't know whether or not to cancel my hotel/flight otherwise I will lose the money. They haven't given us any information on whether or not the interview is still happening or not. Don't know what to do.
I cancelled my hotel, didnt lose money. But I am on the phone with Delta, lets see hopefully I dont lose much lol. The interview isnt happening, since they are closed until the 18th. They should email us though!!! There is nothing we could do about it.

EDIT: THEY JUST EMAILED ME (interview is cancelled and they will email us next week)

I cancelled my hotel, didnt lose money. But I am on the phone with Delta, lets see hopefully I dont lose much lol. The interview isnt happening, since they are closed until the 18th. They should email us though!!! There is nothing we could do about it.

EDIT: THEY JUST EMAILED ME (interview is cancelled and they will email us next week)

You shouldn't lose money with Delta. They let me have my full ticket amount as credit and that was a flight to west Florida. I would imagine they would be even more receptive since Ft Lauderdale got hit harder. Any word?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Really want to go here for the DO/DMD program specifically...anyone know of ways to boost chances for acceptance into this program?

Stats: 3.7ugpa, 3.68sci-ugpa, 3.9grad, 518

Really want to go here for the DO/DMD program specifically...anyone know of ways to boost chances for acceptance into this program?

You already have amazing stats. Just write compellingly in your secondary!

Pardon my ignorance I don't know a lot about the combined program, but what is to be gained by being a physician and dentist?

Pardon my ignorance I don't know a lot about the combined program, but what is to be gained by being a physician and dentist?
What if you have a patient that needs a root canal and a physical? BOOM, two birds with one stone.