2017-2018 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYIT-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
*gets email to apply* been complete since july tho :/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
*gets email to apply* been complete since july tho :/
Same! I've had numerous of these...maybe one day it will actually be an II and not an ad to apply. *sigh*

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else been receiving pre-SOMA emails from this school and other advertisement but not interview invitations for Westbury campus 0_0. I get excited when I see an email from this school to find its only promotional...

Has anyone else been receiving pre-SOMA emails from this school and other advertisement but not interview invitations for Westbury campus 0_0. I get excited when I see an email from this school to find its only promotional...
Yep

II today for the Jonesboro campus. I live in rural Arkansas. Very non traditional student(mid 30s ten plus years as an EMT) 3.3 c/gpa 34 MCAT. Just took the new MCAT as some schools I applied to require it. I did not have the non science letter but I had my two science letters and one from a DO I shadowed
When did you complete your secondary? I am also non traditional 33.

Raise your hand if you feel personally violated by NYIT's emails

upload_2017-9-10_10-0-48.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-10_10-0-25.png
    upload_2017-9-10_10-0-25.png
    383.8 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: 15 users
II this afternoon! Top choice in DO!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! Which campus. Also inb4 someone asks for stats. Haha.

NY campus (I live 15 minutes away and did my shadowing with 2 of their faculty)
non-trad
complete 9/1

Reactions: 1 user
I got II invitation this afternoon from Old Westbury Campus.
OOS, LizzyM~66, Secondary App Complete on 9/3/17.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this mean that people who were complete in June/July will no longer get interview invites?

Does this mean that people who were complete in June/July will no longer get interview invites?
Not necessarily, I was complete September 1st but haven't heard anything. Schools can and will extend II to applicants with higher stats, mission based, and location. Keep your hope up and let's wait for that email.

Reactions: 3 users
II for NY campus today!
Super OOS (NH), 3.8 GPA, 510 MCAT, complete 8/28
Hope those of you who were complete earlier hear some good news soon!

I live 20 minutes from Westbury. Completed 6/30 as an IS reapplicant.... Sigh.... I got rejected last year... and only promotional emails making me feel so discouraged....

Submitted secondary on 8/31, received II on 9/7 at the Arkansas campus for October 20 :)

II to NY campus received this morning!! First II and I'm stocked. Definitely one of my top DO choices. Complete 9/6. Amazed by the quick turnaround time! Very thankful for this opportunity.

Can anyone speak to how much this school screens candidates before inviting them to interview (Jonesboro campus) ? In other words, how likely are they to accept you given you have received an interview invitation? how many do they interview vs how many do they accept? ARCOM for example interviews like 750 people for 165 seats, they are already waitlisting folks!

I've been complete since 7/17, should I send an email to see if this is a silent rejection?

I am wondering the same thing. If you do, please update us!
I think I'm going to wait until October. If I still haven't heard I'll send an email and let you guys know what they say. They did just start sending out IIs a few weeks ago.

I don't think its a silent rejection. We will probably hear back in the next couple of weeks. I wouldnt worry because last cycle applicants were still getting accepted in March/April.

I already got a good vibe about this school when I went there, but today I just got a water bottle in the mail with an apology that they didn't have them in yet when I interviewed in August. Yes, I realize Jonesboro is not the prime location and that they have a brand new program (first class ever is in their second year), but they try hard to make interviewees feel special.

Reactions: 5 users
I already got a good vibe about this school when I went there, but today I just got a water bottle in the mail with an apology that they didn't have them in yet when I interviewed in August. Yes, I realize Jonesboro is not the prime location and that they have a brand new program (first class ever is in their second year), but they try hard to make interviewees feel special.
Would describe the interview format for me please? I'm really excited about my interview there, the OM building looks really nice. Thanks :)

Did any non-trads asking for an evaluation substitution have any luck or receive an II? It seems most people got a response to the effect of "We encourage you to meet our requirements but seen your letters anyway."

Is it possible to interview at both Jonesboro and Westbury? Or if you interview at one are you of the running for the other campus?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How do you check if NYITCOM has received your letters of recommendation? Mine were sent after submitting my secondary.

All these interviews going out and I'm still waiting for one here!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! Forgot to post, but I got an II back on Aug 28 at the Jonesboro campus! The soonest interview slot they had open was on Oct 20, so just a heads up for anyone waiting to hear back still, they have a lot of interview weeks already packed. It's going to be another crazy cycle, good luck!

Would describe the interview format for me please? I'm really excited about my interview there, the OM building looks really nice. Thanks :)
The interviews are all 1-on-1 with a faculty member or administrator. I think mine probably lasted 40 minutes or so. My interviewer was pretty down to earth, but still tried to keep a stone face. Good luck!

Hi All,

I had my interview this past Friday and my goodness was it a great experience. The interviewers and students are so nice and answer all questions thoroughly. There were about 15 other interviewees during my session, we were called at random by one of four different faculty members for interviews after a 30min presentation on the school. Then we had an awesome tour by 3 MS2's.

The interview was not what I expected. It was 25 min (everyone else who was interviewed by my interviewer said he was pretty time-conscious, which I can attest to as well). Just 3 or 4 questions and then the rest of the time was if I had questions (so come with a lot of them!). That said, my interviewer made me feel super comfortable though I expected more questions like why NYITCOM, why DO, etc...

The Admissions Assistant Director let us know that they interview 1,000 of 7,000 applicants for a class about 300. We can expect to hear back within 2 months (before Thanksgiving). I didn't realize how much I wanted to come to this school till the interview, honestly.

Best of luck to everyone!

Hi All,

I had my interview this past Friday and my goodness was it a great experience. The interviewers and students are so nice and answer all questions thoroughly. There were about 15 other interviewees during my session, we were called at random by one of four different faculty members for interviews after a 30min presentation on the school. Then we had an awesome tour by 3 MS2's.

The interview was not what I expected. It was 25 min (everyone else who was interviewed by my interviewer said he was pretty time-conscious, which I can attest to as well). Just 3 or 4 questions and then the rest of the time was if I had questions (so come with a lot of them!). That said, my interviewer made me feel super comfortable though I expected more questions like why NYITCOM, why DO, etc...

The Admissions Assistant Director let us know that they interview 1,000 of 7,000 applicants for a class about 300. We can expect to hear back within 2 months (before Thanksgiving). I didn't realize how much I wanted to come to this school till the interview, honestly.

+1! I can attest to this

Hi All,

Was this at the Arkansas campus or the Old Westbury campus? Also do you know if it is 1000 interviews total for both campuses?

wow. 300 students is big for one school.

Their average matriculation MCAT last year was a 504, I'm sure people <500 get II's, especially at the Jonesboro campus. What do you mean by processed?
I just got off the phone with them as well, someone directly from admissions and he said there is no minimum for MCAT scores. He said they do a holistic file review and aren't rejecting people with a score < 500. Hope this helps!

Anyone know when acceptances/rejections come out for this school post interview?

Supplemental application complete on 08/03. Still have NOT heard anything back :(

Supplemental application complete on 08/03. Still have NOT heard anything back :(
Mine was complete July 10 and I didn't hear back until Aug 28. You've still got plenty of time. Chin up!

Hi guys I got an interview for Arkansas and it will be very expensive for me to go Sept 29 vs Nov 3. At minimum 500$ difference. Will it make a significant difference if I do Nov 3?