2017-2018 MFM Fellowship Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MFMdoc2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would start this to see what everyone else is experiencing. Heard back from maybe 12 programs with three interviews. Applied to 30+

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just thought I would start this to see what everyone else is experiencing. Heard back from maybe 12 programs with three interviews. Applied to 30+
I also am interested in how things are going for people. Applied to 40, heard back from 24 with 16 interviews. Places I have heard from are as follows:
UT Houston, Beth Israel Deaconess, Brigham and Womens, Brown, Mount Sinai (NY), MGH, Northwestern, Columbia, NYU, Ohio State, UAB, Stanford, UNC, Magee, Wisconsin, UWashington, Duke, Utah, UCSF, Wake Forest, Penn State, Kansas, Iowa, Wash U.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Thanks for starting the spread. I also applied to 30 places. Heard back from 9 so far with 5 interviews. Has anyone heard/applies to FL, GA. I saw someone hearing back from Wake Forest.

I also am interested in how things are going for people. Applied to 40, heard back from 24 with 16 interviews. Places I have heard from are as follows:
UT Houston, Beth Israel Deaconess, Brigham and Womens, Brown, Mount Sinai (NY), MGH, Northwestern, Columbia, NYU, Ohio State, UAB, Stanford, UNC, Magee, Wisconsin, UWashington, Duke, Utah, UCSF, Wake Forest, Penn State, Kansas, Iowa, Wash U.

Congrats on so many interviews! I heard there are two waves of offers? How many interviews have you been advised to go on?

So far I have heard from
Albany
Brown
Case Western
Eastern Virginia
Geisinger
Hofstra
Mount Sinai
Hopkins
Mayo
Penn State Hershey
Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson
Univ Maryland
University of South Florida
University Tennessee
University Washington
University of Virginia
7 interviews and two waitlist...still have a bunch with nothing yet

I applied to 20 and have heard back from 12. 8 interviews so far. Things seem to have slowed way down these past 2 weeks.

Anyone hearing back from programs the past few weeks?

I heard back from two places and was offered two additional interviews.

I'm applying to MFM this cycle. A few questions:

1) How many interviews did you go on?

2) Some of the MFM programs on ERAS had more than one "Fellowship Program" option to apply to, but sometimes they were both labeled the same vague "MFM Fellowship program" (so I clicked on both)... does anyone know what it means? Or are these typos?
upload_2018-4-14_23-56-7.png

Also, some programs have multiple different "fellowships," but there is no mention of this on the program website. Are these different tracks?
upload_2018-4-14_23-57-38.png

Thanks!

I'm applying to MFM this cycle. A few questions:

1) How many interviews did you go on?

2) Some of the MFM programs on ERAS had more than one "Fellowship Program" option to apply to, but sometimes they were both labeled the same vague "MFM Fellowship program" (so I clicked on both)... does anyone know what it means? Or are these typos?
View attachment 231993

Also, some programs have multiple different "fellowships," but there is no mention of this on the program website. Are these different tracks?
View attachment 231994

Thanks!

I'm applying this year too - I just picked the more specific "MFM Fellowship Program" for the programs that had 2 options - I'm hoping that's right!

I would also love to hear from anyone who applied in the past about how many interviews you went to and how soon you heard from programs after applying! I just submitted my application this weekend and am now just anxiously waiting.

I'm applying this year too - I just picked the more specific "MFM Fellowship Program" for the programs that had 2 options - I'm hoping that's right!

I would also love to hear from anyone who applied in the past about how many interviews you went to and how soon you heard from programs after applying! I just submitted my application this weekend and am now just anxiously waiting.

Good luck to you! :)

I submitted my app in March. I’ve gotten a few interviews so far. However it seems like most programs don’t start sending out invites until May/June. Then from the look of this thread, they can be sent out as late as August??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Applying this cycle as well. I have scheduled 6 interviews so far. I would love to hear from someone who applied in the last few years and what their interviews were like, any unexpected questions etc? Good luck to all!

Applications closing today, hopefully that means the bulk of the invites will be out in the next couple weeks.

Applied to 25ish programs, 6 interviews thus far...

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard anything recently? I applied to 30ish programs, 6 interviews prior to May 31, then 2 additional on 6/1...since then radio silence...

Has anyone heard anything recently? I applied to 30ish programs, 6 interviews prior to May 31, then 2 additional on 6/1...since then radio silence...

Added three more last week so looks that it wasn't necessarily the onslaught I anticipated after applications closed.

Same here... not much since applications closed.

Who I have heard from so far:
Johns Hopkins
Ohio State
Arkansas
UT Southwestern
Kansas
UAB
UPMC
Case Western
Brown University
Cincinnati
Wake Forest

First interview tomorrow!

Has anyone heard anything for any other programs the past week?

I've heard from:

UMKC
Kentucky
Hawaii
UAB
WashU
Pitt
Oklahoma
Wake Forest
Beth Israel

Only 2 of those since apps closed. Hopefully we'll hear more soon! Good luck to everyone!

2 more this week...

No outright denial emails though, so keeping the hope alive on a couple places.

I've heard from 15 places below: (have 11 interviews and 1 wait list)

Mississippi
Duke
Utah
Greenville Health System
UAB
WashU
Arkansas
UTSW
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Wake
Beth Israel
UPMC
EVMS
UT-Houston

(only 5 since apps closed)

What places have you had your interviews at so far? Thoughts/impressions?

I had my interview at Johns Hopkins. Staff and fellows were great and great research opportunities. I am on my way to Ohio State now.

Anybody interested in an interview day swap for Baylor?

Im scheduled for July 25, but I’d like to do July 27.

I’ve gotten a couple more the last few weeks. UTMB, UC San Diego. 5 interviews done 7 more to go. Really feel horrible turning down interviews but there is only so much time and money and it’s running out!

what about this year? how did the MFM match go?